My new 1:1 scale Starship replica

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You've been rickrolled ;)

You weren't thinking I actually made a Starship, were you?

Anyway... point is I finally got myself a new phone, and with a LOT of effort and the help of TT I got my DLCs backs. Sooooo... I'm kinda playing SFS again :) I obviously have a looooooot to catch up with, so I'm gonna make this slow, one step at a time, to refresh old skills AND learn some new ones.

I decided to start small, with a Moon mission, without clipping/bp editing, I'll get to that part better late than never.
Screenshot_2021-06-08-22-06-05-943.jpg

Our first orbit in a long Time:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-22-54-23-046.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, this isn't the stock solar system... IT'S IRIS! I'M FINALLY PLAYING WITH IRIS! :D

Anyway...
Reconfiguration for the lunar transfer phase:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-00-18-441.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-00-49-643.jpg

My lander also carries a rover and a small unmanned static probe which we are going to leave on the surface of the Moon.

Moon orbit insertion:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-04-32-978.jpg

Moon surface:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-10-55-261.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-15-37-376.jpg

The rover has this tiny problem called "being stuck" which means that I won't be able to detach it until I separate the landing stage from the ascent stage. But it was fine in the end, it Is now there, on the lunar surface.

Back into orbit:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-42-53-193.jpg

Reentry:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-46-35-844.jpg

Landing:
Screenshot_2021-06-08-23-54-59-143.jpg

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Nice! Great to see you play with the IRIS pack!

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Must be a nice troll for starship hunters XD

T

TtTOtW

Blazer you ASS! I knew you wouldn't! So I have no idea why on Earth I believed you. Lol...

Hope you appreciate the pun ;)

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
:eek::eek: You almost gave me a heart attack!

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Nice! Great to see you play with the IRIS pack!
Thanks. Now that I've been to the Moon I wonder how hard is to return from Venus...
Must be a nice troll for starship hunters XD
Blazer you ASS! I knew you wouldn't! So I have no idea why on Earth I believed you. Lol...

Hope you appreciate the pun ;)
:eek::eek: You almost gave me a heart attack!
Hehe, it was a joke. I hope you guys like it.
I thought that u made shuttle
Coming soon!
Both.

Loxy

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks. Now that I've been to the Moon I wonder how hard is to return from Venus...

Coming soon!

Both.
Hmm... Maybe it ll be a day, when i give u my completed buran

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Blazer I thought you don't speak Spanish, where are you from?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Anyway, I am working on a mission to Venus, here on IRIS. I gotta say, that I've used a lot of the data gathered by TtTOtW about it's atmosphere and how the drag works there, and I've managed to create a lander that can return to Venus orbit, from Venus sea level, with a little bit of fuel left.
Screenshot_2021-06-09-19-59-29-761.jpg

The lander Is almost ready, only a few tests left. After that Is only a matter or bringing it there.

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
What is this?? It looks so cool but why do the side boosters have a payload?? Excited to see how the mission goes though

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
What is this?? It looks so cool but why do the side boosters have a payload?? Excited to see how the mission goes though
ALL of that is the IRIS Venus lander I'm working on. What's on top of the boosters is like, extra equipment the lander and the crew needs to do their surface mission. Equipment like, the deorbit and landing engines, some parachutes, communication dishes, landing legs and solar panels.

ALL of that is supposed to detach from the lander when we liftoff from Venus, to leave the lander as clean as possible, because as you know, atmospheric drag is a real problem there.

Maybe I'll try to create other stuff like radiators, to simulate that the lander needs to disperse the heat, maybe attach a little rover to it...

Loxy

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Anyway, I am working on a mission to Venus, here on IRIS. I gotta say, that I've used a lot of the data gathered by TtTOtW about it's atmosphere and how the drag works there, and I've managed to create a lander that can return to Venus orbit, from Venus sea level, with a little bit of fuel left.
View attachment 66117
The lander Is almost ready, only a few tests left. After that Is only a matter or bringing it there.
Ou, blazer can speak Spanish

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
who said i've never like it? :p :p

because I like much others builds even it's rough from the start, perhaps they can refine their working :) :p

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You've been rickrolled ;)
Noooooooo!!!! :eek:

Good joke though :p

View attachment 66117
I don't know if you already did, but if you want to try it, you can set the launchpad on Venus to spawn the launcher there. The pack includes a folder with several launchpad locations.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I don't know if you already did, but if you want to try it, you can set the launchpad on Venus to spawn the launcher there. The pack includes a folder with several launchpad locations.
I know, that's exactly what I did :). Yes, the folder with the other launchpad locations Is going to be very useful, and yes, I already tried this lander on Venus.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I know, that's exactly what I did :). Yes, the folder with the other launchpad locations Is going to be very useful, and yes, I already tried this lander on Venus.
Ok, good luck to launch that thing in orbit then :p