Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Jesus, how did you calculate this? I never thought it would be that extreme.
I'm a bit surprised myself, I've calculated the duration for a Hohmann transfer. For the Moon I get 8 hours, and for Mars 27 days. Only to go there, double that if you want to come back. Note that it's possible to speed up significantly the transfer by spending more delta-V.
But still, it's very long, especially Mars.

I'm a bit surprised myself, I've calculated the duration for a Hohmann transfer. For the Moon I get 8 hours, and for Mars 27 days. Only to go there, double that if you want to come back. Note that it's possible to speed up significantly the transfer by spending more delta-V.
But still, it's very long, especially Mars.
So... 27 days X2 = 49 months...?

T

TtTOtW

Emperor?

The language is based on Javascript, you need to import it from a library though. The only people that can't use it is the foolish browsers(or users) that disable JS.

This may help
I refer to the Emperor as the Emperor in and out of RP. A bit of respect. Same as the good Lieutenant, the Sentinel (or Brigadier), Sanctor Batten, Sky Captain, Admiral, the B's, General Jezron, Bombardier, and Wing Commander.

T

TtTOtW

I refer to the Emperor as the Emperor in and out of RP. A bit of respect. Same as the good Lieutenant, the Sentinel (or Brigadier), Sanctor Batten, Sky Captain, Admiral, the B's, General Jezron, Bombardier, and Wing Commander.
I think you're starting to get off topic.
There's a time and place for everything. Like a brief explanation of why I do certain things brought up in the actual conversation. But, now BOT.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Go to the moon without any time warp. No cheats, but go kerbal on boosters if you so desire. There are no restrictions in terms of how your rocket is built.
Hardcore mode: come back from the moon.
Legendary mode: To mars and back without time warp.
(If you, for some reason, want to do the mars mission, you may time warp to your burn window.)
Omnipotent mode: come back from mars
I've finally accomplished this challenge in legendary mode: to Mars and back without time-warp!!!

It took really long, it needed practically 6 months in the end. I started on 5 november 2019, with an aggressive injection burn toward Mars to save time:
Screenshot_20200401-154042_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The ship reached mars on 28 november (during night, I had to put an alarm-clock at 3 am to handle the insertion):
Screenshot_20200401-155305_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20200401-160615_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Then the longest part consisted in waiting for the launch window for the return part. It finally came after 3 months, on 24 february:
Screenshot_20200401-164442_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Finally, my ship reached Earth today after one more month without time-warp:
Screenshot_20200401-163020_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

And finally, here is my ship before landing:
Arrival_0104.png

Mission accomplished! :cool::cool::cool: