PartEditor Mod

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I downloaded the mod, and put it in the mod folder, but when I open the mod loader it just shows the UI

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yep, checked that already. I think I'm loading it right, I followed your guide.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Did you activate UI Tools and restart the game first? Mods that have UI Tools as a dependency won't show up unless it's been activated.

If it still doesn't work, please press F1 after you started the game and post the error messages here please.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
UI tools appears to be activated, no error messages, just the time and "LOG: Loaded UI Tools"

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UI tools appears to be activated, no error messages, just the time and "LOG: Loaded UI Tools"
It looks like your game didn't find the mod then. Did you place the dll in the mods folder?
Normally the game automatically moves the dll to a sub-directory, did this happen?

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No, it's still in the original format. It's in the mods folder, but it hasn't created a sub directory.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
No, it's still in the original format. It's in the mods folder, but it hasn't created a sub directory.
The game failed to detect it then. That's weird... Could you please post a screenshot showing the content of the mods folder to see if I can spot anything wrong?

its the same for me, but it goes into a sub darectory, its really making me mad, can someone please tell me how to stop that?
Can you please post the log to see if there's any error? Right after starting the game, press F1 to display it.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Here it is:
Screenshot 2023-08-13 071802.png

The unconfirmed file is what I downloaded. It was .dll, until it was in my files.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here it is:
View attachment 105693
The unconfirmed file is what I downloaded. It was .dll, until it was in my files.
Ok, it explains everything. The file is not even named with a "dll" extension so the game can't identify it as a mod.

From a quick research, crdownload files are generated by the Chrome browser in the case in which the download is incomplete. Try downloading it again, and make sure the resulting file is named "PartEditor.dll".

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok, it explains everything. The file is not even named with a "dll" extension so the game can't identify it as a mod.

From a quick research, crdownload files are generated by the Chrome browser in the case in which the download is incomplete. Try downloading it again, and make sure the resulting file is named "PartEditor.dll".
Yesss, it's working now! Thanks!

The game failed to detect it then. That's weird... Could you please post a screenshot showing the content of the mods folder to see if I can spot anything wrong?

Can you please post the log to see if there's any error? Right after starting the game, press F1 to display it.
okay ill look. but f1 is my mute button.

ill do the pic on my phone, here:
16919458321125451337766054801485.jpg

and before you ask, its showing im the modloader.
16919459763165614635202171814200.jpg

and i have ui tools.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
okay ill look. but f1 is my mute button.

ill do the pic on my phone, here: View attachment 105709

and before you ask, its showing im the modloader. View attachment 105711

and i have ui tools.
Please try to group your posts to avoid posting several posts in a row. This is a forum, not a chat.

It's not what I asked, but from your screenshots you have the mod available in the mod loader and you could activate it. What doesn't work exactly? You don't have the part editor window available in the build screen?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
the part editor thing doesn't show up, and ill group my posts next time, sorry.
Hello and sorry for the delay. I'm quite surprised about that, can you please press F1 and check if there's any error about the mod?

is it going to work in 1.5.9.8
No, you need to update your game.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Pls make it can works in v1.5.9.8
All you have to do is to launch Steam and let it update your game. Seriously, that version is old now. If you insist to stick with that version then it's your choice, deal with it.