[PC 1.35] Modular Shuttles!?

A VTOL model of my smaller shuttle, Semi-WIP design. Making the cargo bay open at the bottom would make things a bit more cooler... And adding more fuel to the VTOL system...

1604002955117.png

1604002994851.png

1604015932678.png

Slightly improved. Might make a permanent version (no modules) and test it on the moon, and then on to Mars(?)
Using crash-test dummies as the crew, obviously. And with a LOT more chutes... (1 set for martian descent, another for Earth landing, assuming escape...)

T

TtTOtW

You know... Your builds are an absolutely undeniable case study in total system integration without any two parts looking like they belong together. So it works. But...

... Yeah. That's as much as I can compliment.

1604100924419.png

Here's the "one piece" build... It's basically finalized, I just need to make the cargo bay door open from the bottom...

1604101034252.png

Now to bring the crew back home...

That is a good idea... I also used the vertical thrusters to takeoff from the moon, and decelerate to a landing back on Earth... Not really clear in the screenshot, but the chutes still were un-used!

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Uh... idk if i would make another thread about modular shuttles but it seems organized if it will be under one thread..... so yeah.....

Here is my modular shuttle...
Modular Shuttle 1-2.png

the butt part and the bay part.... (and i already forgot my first attempt of modular style back in 2019 so the butt part is the oldest in my shuttle)
Modular Shuttle.png

now the semi-complete-ish modular shuttle consist of:
-Butt module
-Bay module
-Nose module

still under dev so yeah it may take a while....

the bay part is inspired from SM84CE modular shuttle...
and i need to work on gears and launch vehicle....

NVM the cheat since its a zero g assembly....

edit: almost forgot that the crew cabin could be ejected....

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Referring specifically to the examples posted in the original message, and related preceding and subsequent models thereof.
In theory these all are words that I understand, but somehow I didn't understand what you said...

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
In theory these all are words that I understand, but somehow I didn't understand what you said...
means the works here (only in this thread i guess)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Uh... idk if i would make another thread about modular shuttles but it seems organized if it will be under one thread..... so yeah.....

Here is my modular shuttle...
View attachment 47954

the butt part and the bay part.... (and i already forgot my first attempt of modular style back in 2019 so the butt part is the oldest in my shuttle)
View attachment 47955
now the semi-complete-ish modular shuttle consist of:
-Butt module
-Bay module
-Nose module

still under dev so yeah it may take a while....

the bay part is inspired from SM84CE modular shuttle...
and i need to work on gears and launch vehicle....

NVM the cheat since its a zero g assembly....

edit: almost forgot that the crew cabin could be ejected....
TtTOtW can i have a question for ya?

-is the V style engine config good? (more like linear aerospike style)
-what can you advice for the gear of this thing?
-so the upper one is the current engine config. so would it not tumble or what do you think?
-idk if the VTOL engine would enough to slow this thing in moon-earth-mars (i was worried in balance of this thing and the balance during final landing sequence)? ?

Mars Pathfinder If you wanted to do a development thread style, I'd suggest making your own thread. Not because I want to kick you off of mine, but rather it makes following the timeline a bit easier, as most of the posts are your own builds, and you can really see the evolution better.

Also, TtTOtW how is my most recent build not a shuttle? If it's a shape thing, then I can kind of see why...