PEx Basics+ Texture Pack

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello all, these are just a few basic textures that I like to use regularly to add a little visual depth. Feel free to use them if you like.

This pack includes:
-improved gold and silver foils
-a more subtle grey and beige
-muted red and blue
-cargo/reinforced module
-a cockpit with windows similar to a shuttle
-an exterior control/vent panel section
-dark worn steel
-a generic, dark window texture with some reflection
-fairing compatible black & white bars pattern

Screenshot (43) - Copy.png

(That's the "Texturable" Mod by NeptuneSky at work up there in a few places)

Might expand this pack in the future, but I would also like to keep it compact and versatile. Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you like the pack. [TEA]

The Pack:
PEx Basics+.zip

Example BP from above:
PEx Sample.zip

Attachments

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
There is no place for me to color it
If you have installed the 'Texturable' Mod correctly, you should be able to see the color boxes pop up (in the bottom right side of the screen) when you select an object:

Screenshot (132).png

Texturable doesn't work with all parts, but try this with a top-parachute to see if those boxes pop up.

If Texturable does work correctly like above, but my textures aren't there when you click on the top box (like shown below), then the texture pack has not been installed correctly.

Screenshot (133).png

Hope this helps! [TEA]

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
introducing... PEx Basics+ version 0.91

The new version includes two new exciting shadow textures !!

The new shadow texture options are a more versatile way to implement the "cargo module" look. This way, you can make your cargo modules any color you want! They also tile vertically, so you can apply them to parts of all heights without causing excessive stretch or distortion. The old cargo texture is still included for continuity.

Untitled001105.png

I also updated the "Silver_Foil" texture because it looked too high-contrast and that was bugging me.

Please enjoy, and let me know if you have any ideas for more shadow textures! [TEA]

The New Texture Pack:
PEx Basics+ 0.91.zip

Attachments

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
introducing... PEx Basics+ version 0.91

The new version includes two new exciting shadow textures !!

The new shadow texture options are a more versatile way to implement the "cargo module" look. This way, you can make your cargo modules any color you want! They also tile vertically, so you can apply them to parts of all heights without causing excessive stretch or distortion. The old cargo texture is still included for continuity.

View attachment 109392

I also updated the "Silver_Foil" texture because it looked too high-contrast and that was bugging me.

Please enjoy, and let me know if you have any ideas for more shadow textures! [TEA]

The New Texture Pack:
PEx Basics+ 0.91.zip
Can you make another silver texture, but with the same design as the default gold foil texture in game?

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Can you make another silver texture, but with the same design as the default gold foil texture in game?
I've tried this before, but I'm not partial to the pixelated look, nor the values so I didn't add it to the final pack. Might add it in the next update, but for now-

Try this out and see what you think:

Attachments

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
I've tried this before, but I'm not partial to the pixelated look, nor the values so I didn't add it to the final pack. Might add it in the next update, but for now-

Try this out and see what you think:
Not bad. I’m very used to default textures so this will work well on some spacecraft. Thanks.

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
*Correction to the 0.91 release post, they are not shadow textures, they are shape textures. And honestly, I am surprised that I have not seen them implemented more. They seem very under-utilized for their potential.

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Snek-pek of the new "Cupola" texture in action

coming soon...

Screenshot (276).png

This is based on the ISS cupola module, and was simplified to fit in with the look of other vanilla parts. Interestingly, this texture is formatted to always show the correct size cupola, so it will always be proportioned to a 1:1 scale for your astronauts. However, the bottom can extend to any length for seamlessly clipping it to other parts (as seen on the right).

Last edited:

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

coming soon...

View attachment 111001

This is based on the ISS cupola module, and was simplified to fit in with the look of other vanilla parts. Interestingly, this texture is formatted to always show the correct size cupola, so it will always be proportioned to a 1:1 scale for your astronauts. However, the bottom can extend to any length for seamlessly clipping it to other parts (as seen on the right).
Awesome

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

coming soon...

View attachment 111001

Looks great!