Texturable - Texture Support for More Parts!

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Sick of getting stuck with the same textures on every vanilla part? Well, this mod can help!

This is a mod with a simple goal, make more parts textureable.

Supported parts:

• Parachutes (not side ones)
  • Heat Shields
  • Docking Ports
  • Landing Legs
  • Structural Parts
  • Solar Panels
  • Probes (the top and bottom edges)
  • Mercury LES, and several other otherwise non-texturable parts from the Mercury pack.
Do note, quite a few of these parts have colors laid on top of their textures that will change their tint, and some textures might be underwhelming and/or look weird because of it. There is a variable saved to the part to disable these that you can access via BP editing, or using Cucumber's PartEditor mod.

Current Release: v0.2.1-beta

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.10.2

This mod is currently in beta. I have not done enough testing to make sure it is 100% stable and that saving always works. Here be dragons. Also make sure you back up any blueprints you load while using the mod, theoretically it shouldn't affect them unless you overwrite the blueprint but this is still a good idea.

Click HERE for the latest official beta.

Go here to see the mod's source code.

Known Issues:
1675589104028.png

- R Stripes texture (the one shown above) is broken and will not save to parts. I have no idea why. I have tried everything in vain to fix it. All other vanilla textures, including all hidden ones, have been tested and work. Until further notice this bug will remain.

How to Use:
  1. Download the latest version from the link above.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in the game's mod menu.
  3. Drag and drop the DLL, then restart the game.

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v0.2.0-beta now out. There is now a variable in the bp file that allows you to disable a part's vanilla shading/tinting.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Some pictures of textured parts? I'd want to see how this looks like even if i cant get the mod

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Some pictures of textured parts? I'd want to see how this looks like even if i cant get the mod
1675605362509.png

This is fully compatible with custom textures too. Solar panels don't exactly look all that great with the tank textures but a custom one would probably look pretty nice.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
such a nice mod that can mostly fit in perfectly as an update to the base game :eek:

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
such a nice mod that can mostly fit in perfectly as an update to the base game :eek:
I think custom skins would be better

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This is awesome.

this isn’t really that big of a deal, but once in a while i launch something with whatever part having a custom texture. however, when i load the game again, the part switches to it's default texture, one time even just switched to a random texture. is there anyway i can fix this?

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
this isn’t really that big of a deal, but once in a while i launch something with whatever part having a custom texture. however, when i load the game again, the part switches to it's default texture, one time even just switched to a random texture. is there anyway i can fix this?
I'm gonna be honest and say my method of allowing texture changes is extremely janky and like it says in the thread this is a beta mod, and I doubt it will ever come out of beta unless I get some help on finding a less bad method.

I highly doubt there's much you can do other than reload the world and see if it'll change to the correct one. Honestly I have no idea how it would switch to a random texture though. If you want to send a picture of your f1 menu when it happens I can see if its caused by an error I can fix.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v0.2.1-beta released, bumped earliest supported version and added several parts from the redstone atlas pack to the supported parts.

aaa i want to change the moreparts pack by dani the textures are so bad the excavator isnt align properly and everything doesnt fit vanilla

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
aaa i want to change the moreparts pack by dani the textures are so bad the excavator isnt align properly and everything doesnt fit vanilla
from my short view of the source code im honestly not even sure why how i make parts texturable wont work for custom parts, but it doesnt. might look into it in the future.