Texturable - Texture Support for More Parts!

Rhyhof

Man on the Moon
Registered
Sick of getting stuck with the same textures on every vanilla part? Well, this mod can help!

This is a mod with a simple goal, make more parts textureable.

Supported parts:

• Parachutes (not side ones)
  • Heat Shields
  • Docking Ports
  • Landing Legs
  • Structural Parts
  • Solar Panels
  • Probes (the top and bottom edges)
  • Mercury LES, and several other otherwise non-texturable parts from the Mercury pack.
Do note, quite a few of these parts have colors laid on top of their textures that will change their tint, and some textures might be underwhelming and/or look weird because of it. There is a variable saved to the part to disable these that you can access via BP editing, or using Cucumber's PartEditor mod.

Current Release: v0.2.1-beta

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.10.2

This mod is currently in beta. I have not done enough testing to make sure it is 100% stable and that saving always works. Here be dragons. Also make sure you back up any blueprints you load while using the mod, theoretically it shouldn't affect them unless you overwrite the blueprint but this is still a good idea.

Click HERE for the latest official beta.

Go here to see the mod's source code.

Known Issues:
View attachment 97997
- R Stripes texture (the one shown above) is broken and will not save to parts. I have no idea why. I have tried everything in vain to fix it. All other vanilla textures, including all hidden ones, have been tested and work. Until further notice this bug will remain.

How to Use:
  1. Download the latest version from the link above.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in the game's mod menu.
  3. Drag and drop the DLL, then restart the game.
Works like a charm!