JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
1 Kolibri would be lighter and more thrust.
Yes we'll I wanted to minimise BP clipping and I like the design it is like the soft landing rockets on the Soyuz it slows my capsule down to a 7.4 o 6.8 m/s

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I've made a drone ship for the rocket and ive used a 1st stage that has full fuel and the drone ship is a about 50 meters from the launch pad and the test was carried out like the SpaceX SN tests and it was a success
Screenshot_20201023-175938.png
at each Drone ship about 3 second stages will be placed and the rocket can be launched from the pad about 5 will be placed on earth

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I've made a drone ship for the rocket and ive used a 1st stage that has full fuel and the drone ship is a about 50 meters from the launch pad and the test was carried out like the SpaceX SN tests and it was a success View attachment 47241 at each Drone ship about 3 second stages will be placed and the rocket can be launched from the pad about 5 will be placed on earth
The twr...

T

TtTOtW

Joe, this is a very promising system. I'm genuinely impressed. Well done.

For the reconnection ports, reduce it to one, if you can. Transfer the heat shield's fuel to S2 and you'll find it quite beneficial to your Δv stats.

Skip boosters first. Only focus on perfecting your rocket now.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered

For the reconnection ports, reduce it to one, if you can. Transfer the heat shield's fuel to S2 and you'll find it quite beneficial to your Δv stats.

I do transfer the fuel from my heat sheld to stage 2 and I'll see what I can do with the reconnection ports
This rocket was supposed to be a New Shepherd recreation but I decided to see what I could make and here is my creation

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered

Thank you

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The Black and white booster has flew about 3 times already

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I've done something to the rocket I've abandoned the heat sheld jettison idea and soft landing rockets I've xtended the second stage and I've created a cargo variant of the rocket the booster used has flown 6 times
Screenshot_20201024-161753.png

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
There will be 4 different boosters with different designs so I know which booster is which

T

TtTOtW

That's nice! Reusability (ACTUAL reusability...) is something wonderful, and hardly pursued. It also hinges on the flight skill and experience of the pilot.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
That's nice! Reusability (ACTUAL reusability...) is something wonderful, and hardly pursued. It also hinges on the flight skill and experience of the pilot.
I remember my first rocket I placed on here the JR 1 and it took about 10 rockets to perfect it now I have got the JR M2 (Joeanian Rocket Mark 2) I intend to make most of my rockets reusable now I might try a reusable Saturn V

T

TtTOtW

I remember my first rocket I placed on here the JR 1 and it took about 10 rockets to perfect it now I have got the JR M2 (Joeanian Rocket Mark 2) I intend to make most of my rockets reusable now I might try a reusable Saturn V
That'll be tough... It'll take a lot of time too.

GO FOR IT.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
TtTOtW Trial and Error oh well I need to try to get this to work
Screenshot_20201024-173827.png
Screenshot_20201024-173842.png
Screenshot_20201024-173911.png
Screenshot_20201024-173938.png
Screenshot_20201024-173958.png

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Ok I've decided only the 1st stage will be reusable so what I do is I make test article rockets and the part that has functionality is painted the normal colours in this photo it's the 1st stage and the rest that are painted orange are test articles to they have no function
Screenshot_20201024-175517.png

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The orange S-IVB is a test article so it has no engine but the 1st and second stage are controllable the 1st stage has proven reusable and the second and 3rd stage are expendable i opened the faring to make the boilerplate Service module impact with the stages to destoey the rocket the next test will be a test with all functional stages for a earth orbit test