Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The Chinese technically invented rocket science

Edit: Chinese Fire Arrows
wrong Robert Hutchings Goddard was an American engineer, professor, physicist, and inventor who is credited with creating and building the world's first liquid-fueled rocket. Goddard successfully launched his rocket on March 16, 1926, ushering in an era of space flight and innovation.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The chinese invented rockets, but not the science behind it.

wrong Robert Hutchings Goddard was an American engineer, professor, physicist, and inventor who is credited with creating and building the world's first liquid-fueled rocket. Goddard successfully launched his rocket on March 16, 1926, ushering in an era of space flight and innovation.
Well googled. I'm sure there was this Russian guy who is credited with the rocket equation before Goddard though. What was his name again...?
(And even he wasn't the first either)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The chinese invented rockets, but not the science behind it.

Well googled. I'm sure there was this Russian guy who is credited with the rocket equation before Goddard though. What was his name again...?
(And even he wasn't the first either)
the acient greeks had ideas for rockets
The earliest rockets can be traced back to the society of the Ancient Greeks. ... Hero of Alexandria, a few centuries later, also utilized steam propulsion in a manner reminiscent of today's rockets. His device, known as the aeolipile, consisted of a hollow sphere that was connected by pipes to an open kettle of water.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hmm i could use Cosmos fans ULV to place my reusable rocket on mars or venus...

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
the acient greeks had ideas for rockets
The earliest rockets can be traced back to the society of the Ancient Greeks. ... Hero of Alexandria, a few centuries later, also utilized steam propulsion in a manner reminiscent of today's rockets. His device, known as the aeolipile, consisted of a hollow sphere that was connected by pipes to an open kettle of water.
Equations, equations, those are most important.

British mathematician William Moore first derived the rocket equation in 1810, and published in 1813.

The minister William Leitch, who was a capable scientist, also independently derived the fundamentals of rocketry in 1861.

The equation is named after Russian scientist Konstantin Tsiolkovsky who independently derived it and published it in his 1903 work. He got the credit because he was first to apply it to seeing if space travel was theoretically possible.

Robert Goddard (ah, there he is) in America independently developed the equation in 1912 when he began his research to improve rocket engines for possible space flight.

Hermann Oberth (remember the Oberth effect?) in Europe independently derived the equation about 1920 as he studied the feasibility of space travel.

Anikta

Man on the Moon
Registered
ahh ok, it was a joke though