The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Capable of getting to LEO, Moon and back to earth
Yeah, you're gonna need a lot more delta-V than that if you want to get to Saturn directly. Your other option is to get there via VEEGa (Check out Altaïr's Gravity assist tutorial for that). Even with that though, I don't think your rocket is gonna be enough. I'd suggest going to Horus Lupercal if you need advice about rocket optimization. Not in this thread though please, I want to keep it kinda on topic. I can try to help you a bit too if you want, but I've been really busy with college lately, so I might not be able to help very much...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
For reference, the shuttles at Point Inception, Radiant and Tenebrous, have a ridiculous amount of Delta-V.
Screenshot_20190803-152823_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

This was Tenebrous's most recent trip back from Titan.

It takes most of a Tank of fuel to get to and from Saturn for this ship. The same ship could easily do a moon and back trip with around a tenth of its fuel tank.

Just to give you a sense of the difference.

T

The Dark in the Light

Here if youve been busy focus on ur study's first and I might go talk to Horus about it. Or I could always make earth orbit the moon I want to go to.
Yeah, you're gonna need a lot more delta-V than that if you want to get to Saturn directly. Your other option is to get there via VEEGa (Check out Altaïr's Gravity assist tutorial for that). Even with that though, I don't think your rocket is gonna be enough. I'd suggest going to Horus Lupercal if you need advice about rocket optimization. Not in this thread though please, I want to keep it kinda on topic. I can try to help you a bit too if you want, but I've been really busy with college lately, so I might not be able to help very much...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Here if youve been busy focus on ur study's first and I might go talk to Horus about it. Or I could always make earth orbit the moon I want to go to.
The main thing is that I'm not really good at teaching... Also, why the heck would you move the earth... that just seems dumb... lol.

T

The Dark in the Light

Well, moving it into the orbit of the moon I want to go to would mean I wouldn't need a lot of fuel and spend lots of time racking my brain to learn about Delta-V and calculating how much fuel I need

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, don't take the easy way out though, it's a lot more fun figuring it out the legit way.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Lol, the first time she hasn't tried to fling me out of the system.
Screenshot_20190924-224855_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Screenshot_20191008-141221_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191008-142617_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191008-144129_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

It's all coming together. I still need to exchange the docking tower for the new one, this old one sucks...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Are those Ion engine boosters I spy? Fancy! Quick question: 33 ion engines too much? (shuttle on 1.35 PC)
Lol, I didn't see this at first. The problem you're gonna run into here is the space requirement or weight requirement in terms of electricity that it'd take to run that many ions for a long period of time. All depends on the ship though.

And Yes, they are. I use Ion Arrays in everything I have that's interplanetary.

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
i took my interplanetary ship called ''galileo'' to saturn... twice.. one with infinite fuel and the other one without it.. i only have captures with the infinite fuel though... im sorry for that...
Screenshot_2018-10-07-17-01-46.png

i also crashed it ''accidentaly'' somewhere on saturn
Screenshot_2018-10-07-19-28-39.png

Screenshot_2018-10-13-21-15-00.png

and then i landed it ''accidentally'' on titan
Screenshot_20190311-202853.png

Screenshot_20190311-202912.png

that is completely impossible without cheats though... cuz it will run out of fuel. but it can go wherever in the solar system without cheats.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
i took my interplanetary ship called ''galileo'' to saturn... twice.. one with infinite fuel and the other one without it.. i only have captures with the infinite fuel though... im sorry for that... View attachment 27911
View attachment 27912
View attachment 27913
View attachment 27914
View attachment 27915
that is completely impossible without cheats though... cuz it will run out of fuel. but it can go wherever in the solar system without cheats.
Lol, that thing should not be landing on moons, lol.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
i took my interplanetary ship called ''galileo'' to saturn... twice.. one with infinite fuel and the other one without it.. i only have captures with the infinite fuel though... im sorry for that... View attachment 27911
View attachment 27912
View attachment 27913
View attachment 27914
View attachment 27915
Well, I hate the fact that uses cheats, and solar panels, but apart from that, nice station.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Screenshot_20191107-181322_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Something I realized in my other big project: These new arms aren't compatible with the Abomb. Time to fix that.
Screenshot_20191107-182529_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

In standby for the launch of the fixed one.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
SCS Radiant is almost ready to leave for Titan. It's second payload has been launched finally, so it can now leave.
Screenshot_20191110-144625_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191110-144949_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Screenshot_20200425-221930_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Just some maintenance right now. Just deorbited a Tanker, and will launch another soon. Also, I'll pry be bringing Radiant to Earth pretty soon.