Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
The Old Tsar ran out of fuel after reaching earth, before it could make it home though.
Screenshot_20200429-034544_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Honestly, that's okay though. It gave me time to rethink my strategy a little bit.

First off I launched a tanker. Not a Tsar, but an expanded fireball second-stage. This made its way to the Tsar fairly easily.
Screenshot_20200429-223556_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Some fuel added to the TTV, and it then deorbited.
Screenshot_20200429-224109_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200429-224929_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200429-224952_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The last flight of the First-Generation TTVs has finally come to an end.

I then fill the TD-C to about 10 percent, and leave the tanker at around 25% remaining. They then go their different ways. I've been needing to send a ship to Venus to make sure that it's fixed. So the tanker departs for Venus.
Screenshot_20200429-232047_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The planet is looking Sooooooo much better than it did before. Thanks for the help Blazer. Although, I think it needs to be brightened up a bit tbh.

As for the TD-C, It has relocated to a 180km orbit, rather than returning to Point Inception. I'm realizing now that it makes sense to keep the TD-C around, although it doesn't make sense to use it regularly. In addition, PI just isn't capable of handling two Tsars, as well as the shuttle cargo and manned missions. So, the Tsar Drives are going to have a new station to call home, which shall also have room for up to three Tsar Tankers, and I'm also considering setting up the station to load cargo onto SCS shuttles as well. More on that though later.

T

TtTOtW

The Old Tsar ran out of fuel after reaching earth, before it could make it home though.
View attachment 36622
Honestly, that's okay though. It gave me time to rethink my strategy a little bit.

First off I launched a tanker. Not a Tsar, but an expanded fireball second-stage. This made its way to the Tsar fairly easily.
View attachment 36623

View attachment 36624
View attachment 36625
View attachment 36626

I then fill the TD-C to about 10 percent, and leave the tanker at around 25% remaining. They then go their different ways. I've been needing to send a ship to Venus to make sure that it's fixed. So the tanker departs for Venus.
View attachment 36635
The planet is looking Sooooooo much better than it did before. Thanks for the help Blazer. Although, I think it needs to be brightened up a bit tbh.

As for the TD-C, It has relocated to a 180km orbit, rather than returning to Point Inception. I'm realizing now that it makes sense to keep the TD-C around, although it doesn't make sense to use it regularly. In addition, PI just isn't capable of handling two Tsars, as well as the shuttle cargo and manned missions. So, the Tsar Drives are going to have a new station to call home, which shall also have room for up to three Tsar Tankers, and I'm also considering setting up the station to load cargo onto SCS shuttles as well. More on that though later.
New station? Purpose built? Dang that's exciting!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
View attachment 36622

View attachment 36623

View attachment 36624
View attachment 36625
View attachment 36626

View attachment 36635

Damn, you still have that old Venus? Maybe I can share you my current Venus, which is a lot more reallistic than this old version.

Terrific mission, by the way!