Share the weirdest thing of your country/city

I'm curious. How do you 'peaceably settle dominance'? Asking for a mate. Because no creature great or small in the history of sentient life on Earth has ever managed to assert dominance without some form of conflict. Even paradise birds displaying bright coloured wings to win a patch of ground to clean up is an aggressive display. Pray tell how a country is supposed to do better?

Erm, I'm not sure you are aware of how WWI started, was conducted or finished. The Kaiser wasn't intending on destroying the Empire. Even if he wanted to, this is 1914. Germany doesn't have a plan for invading the British Isles, nor does it have the capability to cross the Channel in large enough numbers to subdue the UK, and certainly not the rest of the Empire.

Also, you are aware that Japan was on the Allies side during WWI? And they finished that war in quite an advantageous position? No? Thought not.

Oooh, you meant WWII?!? That makes slightly more sense. Yes. The United States dragged the Japanese over to Pearl Harbour kicking and screaming, forced them to destroy battleship row, all after making them invade the far east, murder 300,000 chinese people at Nanking and sack Singapore. I remember now.

Erm...ok... you must've missed the part about the 8 figure death toll to invade japan and end WWII by force...
And yeah, that is the point of the threat of force. If you are unwilling to use it, then it isn't a threat.

Erm, not sure where you're getting that data, but I'm sure somewhere there's a die-hard communist crying into his gulag at having his hard work devalued.

This is my favourite bullshit statistic. Do you know when this was actually true? 1960.
The Soviets aggressively pursued nuclear parity with the US, and overtook them by the mid 70s on a nearly 2:1 basis and stayed that way until START. At the moment, it's a pretty even 50:50 split with the Russians slightly ahead.

Ha! Someone has never heard of the Berlin Airlift. Oh that poor USSR, alone and powerless with the big bad US and UK towering over it.

Yes. Played along with 40,000 nuclear weapons. Why couldn't the USSR 'peaceably establish dominance'? Because the Russians had no intention to be peaceful, but lacked the means to establish forcible dominance. Whereas the US held all the cards in 1945.
If it really wanted to delete communism, it would have done so there and then. The nation was already geared into a war effort. The economy was churning out the supplies required. The US military were in a position to invade Russia from not just Europe, but also via China (our allies at that point) and most of the far East. The US was providing 5% of its own food supplies to keep the Russians from starving after Stalins 'scorched earth' withdrawal tactic basically ruined the Soviets agricultural capacity. They were also the only nation with atomic weapons and had the strategic bomber fleet to deliver them.

The Russians had none of these things.

So explain to me please why if the US were so insistent on destroying the USSR and establishing themselves as no.1 on the planet, why they didn't destroy the USSR in 1945?

Yes. A base in Australia. And a base in South Korea.

As a member of the finest group of soldiers ever trained, I take actual offence to half that statement.

And I thought my jokes were bad.

Let me see. Where did I hear a far eastern nation saying the before? Around 1940-1941 ish? Remind me again?

And I just know you for one will be happy to accept your benevolent new Chinese overlords.
And then you can get a real taste of actual democracy. Dislike the 2 party system? Well that's handy, cos China only has one so you'll always get what you asked for.
To paraphrase Henry Ford. 'You can vote anyway you like, as long as it's for the CCP.'

Erm, why would that collapse the US? Silicon valley would be more than happy to take the slack dropped. Jesus man, we need to sit down and talk actual strategic things here, because you're waaay off mark. All china would need to do is mobilise its entirely peaceful 1 million man reserve army and march them into the country next door and get them to surrender. That alone would cripple any military force of the 21st century, trying to provide Geneva mandated care to 1 million POWs.

It's only paranoia if no one is out to get you.

Unfortunately thus:

has never been a thing. There hasn't been a day of peace in around 4 and half thousand years. Something I've no doubt you'll blame on Trump or the UK or the Rothschilds or Illuminati or something. Mankind (and all animals) operate on one very simple impulse

'I NEED THINGS'.
if you can make things, great. But if you have a thing, and I want that thing and I can't make that thing but you can't stop me taking that thing away from you, then guess what's gonna happen?
That isn't a US thing or an Empire thing. That is common across all sentient animals, whether you like it or not, and if you want to keep your things then you either need sharp teeth or a big fucking stick. And you need them to be sharper and bigger than anyone elses as well.

If anything, it utterly beggers my mind how little credit you give the United States post-War. For the first and only time in history, a nation had the power to take anything it wanted, from anyone it wanted, whenever it wanted and didn't.

No other nation, human, animal or creature on this Earth since the dawn of sentient life has ever shown that much restraint.
Thanks for all that, not sure why you bother

Peaceable settlement:
Declare: “We own Hawaii, Philippines, Alaska and a number of other rocks in the Pacific, we have a great navy with ample power to destroy you but will mind our own business if you stay way the hell away from ours”Peaceable, wasn’t this the whole idea of your beloved mutual nuclear destruction pact?

Here’s a nice prepacific history we can all agree on:
US military strategy prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor

It starts with the Japanese feeding frenzy but doesn’t mention the whole Opium War thing that put the blood in the water so to speak,
Just seems a fair preamble

Soviet productivity per capital labor was less than 30% of the US and total production less than 50% through the whole Soviet era:
https://www.rug.nl/research/portal/files/14498895/gd29.pdf
(A University of Groningen paper if that link looks spooky)
Them facts, there they are

Well shit,
A42639FE-F755-44B7-B6B6-6F68C07F5850.jpeg

But what were we so crazy about in the 50’s and 60’s?
Trying to fool them into wasting their relatively poor industrial capacity on building nukes and running them off an economic cliff...
Course the real damage came with our ‘help’ introducing capitalism to the poor Ruskies

Compared to the US, the Soviets had little influence beyond their immediate neighborhood and no great success at that, while the Chinese aren’t even trying to play Cold War with us...I got plenty of complaints about China but mostly they just seem to be working hard at building economic partners, you know, that capitalist scheme to make peace through mutually beneficial trade...or you don’t believe in that nonsense, it’s just a hopeless world of hurt on your cold, wet lonely island

The US is incapable of defaulting on its national debt, but only so long as its currency is kept as the international reserve which will only last as long as it is profitable to others;
We have already begun the death spiral of printing mass currency without backing by internationally traded treasury notes

Just like Obama continued and escalated the suicidal bank bailouts started under Bush II, Biden is pressing to print trillions more unbacked notes to toss from the palace balcony;
China doesn’t want to fight the US, it wants business as usual forever, but China has the gold and the West is broke ass done

My interests are to not throw the Country out with the Imperial water, but that’s not how things go, the world just isn’t mine;
The scale of our current situation is not imaginable, WWI/II was just a jostling of power in the West, what’s happening now is the collapse cycle of Western Civilization and the rise of the ‘East’

You can play pretend through the final days right into the darkness and never notice the change, but if you have interests beyond the task at hand you should look a bit further around the bullshit pile

And Silicon Valley can’t make phones, we need Asian slaves to build all our electronics or we can’t afford things;
Understanding why the US is incapable of rebuilding it’s industry takes more time than I got here but Chris Hedges and Michael Hudson among others have great books and lectures filled with clear explanations and quality references

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Thanks for all that, not sure why you bother
What else is there to do...? If your post was concise and well researched then I'd not have bothered. Because it wasnt, then here I am.

Declare: “We own Hawaii, Philippines, Alaska and a number of other rocks in the Pacific, we have a great navy with ample power to destroy you but will mind our own business if you stay way the hell away from ours”
This is 'peaceful'? As you say, this is MAD in a paragraph. Unfortunately, you seem to have missed the main point i made.
if you have a thing, and I want that thing and I can't make that thing but you can't stop me taking that thing away from you, then guess what's gonna happen?
What stops anyone from taking Hawaii, the Philippines, Alaska and a number of rocks from the US...? Big sticks and sharp teeth. You can't just say 'leave me alone'. You have to be able to back that up with force and that force post 1945 requires atomic / nuclear weapons.

We really need to work on your definition of peaceful man. And isn't that exactly what the US did as well?! Or am I missing something?

Yeah, it's factual and correct. Which means that you've somehow misinterpreted it.

It starts with the Japanese feeding frenzy but doesn’t mention the whole Opium War thing that put the blood in the water so to speak,
Called it. There's absolutely nothing in there about the Japanese invasions of British and Chinese assets. Or the British - Chinese opium wars. The link is solely about the US reaction to Japanese aggressive actions (sabotage, outright attack) and nothing to do with the US baiting the Japanese or dragging them into WWII.
Why not?
Because they didn't.

Them facts, there they are
Well what do you know, it's amazing what you can do with a bit of research.

Otherwise this happens...

But what were we so crazy about in the 50’s and 60’s?
Trying to fool them into wasting their relatively poor industrial capacity on building nukes and running them off an economic cliff...
That, a new toy, Korea and the fact that they weren't yet spending shitloads of cash on Apollo and Vietnam.

Course the real damage came with our ‘help’ introducing capitalism to the poor Ruskies
Well lets be honest. Communism wasn't making them 'rich' ruskies either.

the Soviets had little influence beyond their immediate neighborhood and no great success at that
Never really stopped them trying. Having no success doesn't mean they wouldn't have done it if they had a better geographical location. The Russians were unable to project beyond their borders simply because they are in a really shit spot and boxed in by narrow straits and treaties. That's not to say they wouldn't have done it, especially considering just how much they fucked around with the countries they could get their hands on.

they just seem to be working hard at building economic partners
Oh, you mean like this?
In the past six months, Chinese foreign policy appears to have taken a dramatic and aggressive turn. China has lashed out at Australia for questioning its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, bolstered its claims in the South China Sea, stepped up patrols around the Japanese-controlled Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands, clashed with India in the Himalayas, and sent warplanes across the median line in the Taiwan Strait. It has also doubled down on efforts to defend Huawei by charging Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor with espionage after a Canadian court refused to stop extradition proceedings against CFO Meng Wanzhou, and warned the United Kingdom it would “bear the consequences” for excluding the telecom giant from its 5G network. Most striking of all, Beijing has cracked down on the once semi-autonomous region of Hong Kong, enacting a far-reaching National Security Law and arresting multiple pro-democracy activists.
So that's how you make friends and peacefully impose your dominance. Noted.

you know, that capitalist scheme to make peace through mutually beneficial trade
Yeah, but when the Chinese do it, it's 'peaceful'. When the US does it, it's strong arming small nations to do its bidding. Funny that.

Just like Obama continued and escalated the suicidal bank bailouts started under Bush II, Biden is pressing to print trillions more unbacked notes to toss from the palace balcony;
Ha, well you voted for these guys. Hyperinflation says 'hi!' But, you got rid of the orange man, so there's a bonus, right? All your problems will be sorted by this time next year, you'll see.

WWI/II was just a jostling of power in the West
As understatements go, that wins the lifetime achievement award for understatement.

You can play pretend through the final days right into the darkness and never notice the change, but if you have interests beyond the task at hand you should look a bit further around the bullshit pile
Yes, we both really do need to take a further look over that pile.

And Silicon Valley can’t make phones
Erm, yes it can. Just really really expensively.

we need Asian slaves to build all our electronics or we can’t afford things
That sounds more like an Asian problem. If they're willing to whore out their labour on the cheap to undercut the home made market in order to secure US money, then that is their own problem. The second production or distribution closes, the US will just start making the iPhone here. It'll be bigger, slower and more expensive, but that won't be for long.

I like this guy already.
However.
Understanding why the US is incapable of rebuilding it’s industry takes more time than I got here
I don't think he says that. It reads more like it's unwilling to because there's much, much more money in playing the system than playing it straight.

What else is there to do...? If your post was concise and well researched then I'd not have bothered. Because it wasnt, then here I am.

This is 'peaceful'? As you say, this is MAD in a paragraph. Unfortunately, you seem to have missed the main point i made.

What stops anyone from taking Hawaii, the Philippines, Alaska and a number of rocks from the US...? Big sticks and sharp teeth. You can't just say 'leave me alone'. You have to be able to back that up with force and that force post 1945 requires atomic / nuclear weapons.

We really need to work on your definition of peaceful man. And isn't that exactly what the US did as well?! Or am I missing something?

Yeah, it's factual and correct. Which means that you've somehow misinterpreted it.

Called it. There's absolutely nothing in there about the Japanese invasions of British and Chinese assets. Or the British - Chinese opium wars. The link is solely about the US reaction to Japanese aggressive actions (sabotage, outright attack) and nothing to do with the US baiting the Japanese or dragging them into WWII.
Why not?
Because they didn't.

Well what do you know, it's amazing what you can do with a bit of research.

Otherwise this happens...

That, a new toy, Korea and the fact that they weren't yet spending shitloads of cash on Apollo and Vietnam.

Well lets be honest. Communism wasn't making them 'rich' ruskies either.

Never really stopped them trying. Having no success doesn't mean they wouldn't have done it if they had a better geographical location. The Russians were unable to project beyond their borders simply because they are in a really shit spot and boxed in by narrow straits and treaties. That's not to say they wouldn't have done it, especially considering just how much they fucked around with the countries they could get their hands on.

Oh, you mean like this?
In the past six months, Chinese foreign policy appears to have taken a dramatic and aggressive turn. China has lashed out at Australia for questioning its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, bolstered its claims in the South China Sea, stepped up patrols around the Japanese-controlled Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands, clashed with India in the Himalayas, and sent warplanes across the median line in the Taiwan Strait. It has also doubled down on efforts to defend Huawei by charging Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor with espionage after a Canadian court refused to stop extradition proceedings against CFO Meng Wanzhou, and warned the United Kingdom it would “bear the consequences” for excluding the telecom giant from its 5G network. Most striking of all, Beijing has cracked down on the once semi-autonomous region of Hong Kong, enacting a far-reaching National Security Law and arresting multiple pro-democracy activists.
So that's how you make friends and peacefully impose your dominance. Noted.

Yeah, but when the Chinese do it, it's 'peaceful'. When the US does it, it's strong arming small nations to do its bidding. Funny that.

Ha, well you voted for these guys. Hyperinflation says 'hi!' But, you got rid of the orange man, so there's a bonus, right? All your problems will be sorted by this time next year, you'll see.

As understatements go, that wins the lifetime achievement award for understatement.

Yes, we both really do need to take a further look over that pile.

Erm, yes it can. Just really really expensively.

That sounds more like an Asian problem. If they're willing to whore out their labour on the cheap to undercut the home made market in order to secure US money, then that is their own problem. The second production or distribution closes, the US will just start making the iPhone here. It'll be bigger, slower and more expensive, but that won't be for long.

I like this guy already.
However.

I don't think he says that. It reads more like it's unwilling to because there's much, much more money in playing the system than playing it straight.
I mean really...

This is all perfectly reasonable reaction writ with an empty urgency:

2BFD2D91-1033-49BD-B6A5-01B8955F7A20.jpeg

They’ve done quite a lot of good business in Africa I hear, scolding those Aussies though, such baddies

China is posing no military threat, yet the US is mounting military pressure around China;
But let’s back up a bit...

I threw in the bit about the Opium Wars as a bit of suggested context to the article which I clearly mentioned wasn’t in the article;
Japan enjoyed the West’s colonial ravaging and dope peddling in China, they were western allies as you said

Now of course motivations are a matter of speculation, but they are very important in understanding politics and there are things that must be assumed or you wind up a cigar sucker with his pants down like General Short

Among other prizes of the Pacific the US took the Philippines in 1904, let’s just say this was fine;
With the Europeans all in general retreat from Chinese waters, let’s say that’s good enough history for the notion at hand, the Japanese were like children in a candy store

Making bothersome war with Russia they took Korea and then Manchuria, and well why would they stop?
The US abandoned Guam to them, cuz screw Guam...but would they take the Philippines!?!
Hell no!...that’s a rapist’s paradise

So the paper lays out the whole trap, build up troops in the Philippines until the Japanese decide it’s now or never...and then they invaded Pearl Harbor instead causing Gen Short to mess his trousers and the US got a whole lot more war than they intended, but took a hella lot prize for the effort;
So thanks for all the dying GI Joe, we won’t neglect your mother

But China these days...
I should believe the mess with Tibetans and Whiggers a great tragedy by modern standards,
I should believe China’s government surveillance is creeper than the even more extensive private surveillance in the US,
That WeiWai is more dangerous than Google and FB,
Then Airstrips on sand piles in the S China sea are more dubious than the World Wide Web of US military power...

China has decided it has the international clout to assert itself over its legitimate claim to Hong Kong, having been pressed into an unfair contract by US intervention in the settlement of its divorce with the British whilst China was in a weak state it has decided it is time to renegotiate this deal;
All attempts by the West to preserve this contract described as ‘one country, two systems’ will be assumed to be intrusive because that’s exactly what it is, and so if Hong Kong fails to distance itself from the West and appeal to settle its own affairs it will absolutely be brutally re-educated and so subject to a devaluation of its reputation that will not heal any time soon;
In the event of war between China and the US it will be a battlefield of no moral concern to anyone...I don’t care for any of this, but I’ll settle myself with knowing it’s not my business, it’s just the way it is

024B1E97-438A-4EF7-B381-A002AC25BF76.jpeg

So this proves the Soviets were a global threat how?
Still these days, Putin and others freely hack our security, spam our FB feeds and steal our precious intellect leaving us stupid...because we can’t defend our stupid selves and they think it’s funny

...and US industry is now half that of China and shrinking while China rapidly grows

Decades of accusing China of cooking the books got them the real biggest economy, while the US economy is based on Debt Finance and Rent Seeking...nonproductive income as Marx would call it, or parasitic profiteering if it’s killing you

In the US, the government is controlled by private industry using lobbyists, profits are power and the government is literally helpless beneath them;
The cost of living is so high and the landlords so unforgiving, while industry is so antisocial and absolutely free, we literally have no capacity existent or any forum to build such capacity to form a properly functional industrial economy that can grow

If Apple can’t import it’s phones from Thailand and sell them in the US for mad profits, they will piss on the US and go elsewhere and sell their phones to whoever does have money

I was going to ask what the heck you read of Hudson, then I remembered his anecdote about how the US defense Dept bought up his first book ‘super imperialism’ to use as a how to guide in nailing down US adversaries :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I thought that would be something like the US marines or navy SEALS?
Nah. Hereford is what they call a tier one force. So although the overall budget is smaller than for MARSOC or the teams, pound for person they get more resources because there are less people.

Also, only SEAL team 6 are tier one special forces. The other teams are tier 2 special operations (there is a difference).

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This is all perfectly reasonable reaction writ with an empty urgency:
Perfectly reasonable? OOhhh, so when China throws its weight around, it's perfectly reasonable. If the US does it, it's problematic. Just learning your baseline here man.

Lets go through these 'perfectly reasonable actions', shall we?

They’ve done quite a lot of good business in Africa I hear
Good business for China. Something like 60% of African debt is owed to China. Leaving the entire continent in Chinas back pocket, unable to leave because of how deep its borrowing is, essentially allowing the Chinese free-reign over the place. Something that when the US has done it in the past, you've criticised, but with China it's 'perfectly reasonable.'

scolding those Aussies though, such baddies
Erm yeah. Australia called China to task for its initial handling of a virus which has since infected 108 million and killed 2.3 million people. Aside from however or whatever the Chinese were doing that created or caused the virus, its measures for stopping the spread were almost suspiciously slow, considering just how quickly they were able to halt it internally after it'd gone global. Questions that China needs to answer to the entire fucking world, not just Australia. But of course, China being the nice friendly country it is, answered these questions with threats. Something which if the US did, you'd be the first one to condone it for. But with China, it's 'perfectly reasonable'.

How about more eh?

bolstered its claims in the South China Sea, stepped up patrols around the Japanese-controlled Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands, clashed with India in the Himalayas, and sent warplanes across the median line in the Taiwan Strait

So using military force to bully smaller nations into toeing its line. When the US does this, it's bad. When China does this, it's 'perfectly reasonable'.

It has also doubled down on efforts to defend Huawei by charging Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor with espionage after a Canadian court refused to stop extradition proceedings against CFO Meng Wanzhou, and warned the United Kingdom it would “bear the consequences” for excluding the telecom giant from its 5G network

Using political, miliary and economic consequences to protect its overseas corporate interests...? Something I'm sure I've heard you say the US does and is evil for doing so.
But of course, when China does it, it's 'perfectly reasonable'.

Most striking of all, Beijing has cracked down on the once semi-autonomous region of Hong Kong, enacting a far-reaching National Security Law and arresting multiple pro-democracy activists.

And my personal favourite. Cracking down on home based dissenting opinions. Remember children, China is perfectly reasonable.

Mate, I could literally do this all day. Every single thing you can pull up over the US 300 year history of greed, corruption, oppression, overt and covert political powerplays, financial 'incentives' (it's a trap), military grandstanding and the like, I can pull examples of China doing something equivalent in the past 50 years. The second China was able to pull strings, it did so. So leave out the 'plucky underdog, forced to fight back' tale. It doesn't count here.
Quite literally the only exception would be getting involved in other peoples conflicts. And even that, it depends on how much you know about the players in current conflicts around the world right now.

China is posing no military threat
No. Except China expanding its military forces and strategy with the specific intention of taking on the United States in a peer to peer global conflict.
Other than that, China being perfectly reasonable and no military threat to anyone.

but they are very important in understanding politics
Yes, they are. Unfortunately, your understanding of motivations boil down to 'America bad'. Which is rarely more than 50% true.

Among other prizes of the Pacific the US took the Philippines in 1904, let’s just say this was fine
1902. In 1904, it passed a law directing democratic elections for Filipinos. It also set out another law in 1916 setting down a roadmap towards independence and granted (without outside pressure) independence in 1946. After clearing the Japanese out. Because unlike this:
The US abandoned Guam to them, cuz screw Guam
Hell no!...that’s a rapist’s paradise
the US lost the Philippines at the cost of 123,000 men. They 'abandoned' Guam cos they couldn't defend it. That was a strategic decision. They attempted to defend it because they actually had the resources there, not one taken because there wasn't ladyboys on the island. Also Guam fell within hours of Pearl being hammered, so it's not like the US had much time to reinforce the place.

On that, I'd love to see the list of nations 'perfectly reasonable' China have allowed free, independent elections. Oh yeah that's right, it doesn't even allow them at home, never mind abroad.

So the paper lays out the whole trap, build up troops in the Philippines until the Japanese decide it’s now or never
4xn8y3.jpg

Dude, I have come to the conclusion you have absolutely no idea how strategic warfare works. If the US wanted to fight the Japanese, why didn't they just...fight the Japanese...? They didn't even need to wait for Pearl Harbour, the IJN had already been attacking and sinking US warships in the Pacific for a while, had already invaded British assets in the region and pushed Chinas shit in as well. If you consider that not only was the world at war at this point and the US considered Japan to be a backwater island populated by inferior savages, it wouldn't have taken much for a declaration without losing 2400 men and 6 warships.

US got a whole lot more war than they intended
Well...yeah. That's not a hard metric. The US intended no war, so any war above zero war is more war than they intended...

but took a hella lot prize for the effort
One way of looking at it. The US did end WWII in a much better position than it started. It also did fuck all with that superior position except force everyone to trade in dollars so it could keep itself in cocaine and hookers. Unlike every other nation in a superior position, that continues invading places until it is no longer in a superior position (see every empire or global power in the history of time other than the United States post-war).

I should believe China’s government surveillance is creeper than the even more extensive private surveillance in the US
And so you should. And the key word is 'private'. You have to option there in the US and here in the UK to sidestep 'private' surveillance. Hence the current fall of Whatsapp and the complete boycott of Hauwei by the major nations inside NATO. In China, it has taken the 'perfectly reasonable' steps to ensure all communications and information is first filtered via the government servers where it decides if what you are doing as a private citizen is problematic or not and if you require sanctions or not.

That WeiWai is more dangerous than Google and FB
Yes. See above for reasons why.

China has decided it has the international clout to assert itself
'Perfectly reasonably' and as soon as it was able to.

China has decided it has the international clout to assert itself over its legitimate claim to Hong Kong, having been pressed into an unfair contract by US intervention in the settlement of its divorce with the British whilst China was in a weak state it has decided it is time to renegotiate this deal
A legitimate claim it is, but it's certainly not a popular one in HK. Infact, for the first time in as long as I can research, a state being returned back from overseas colonial rule has resisted attempts to be brought into the fold of its new 'perfectly reasonable' masters.
Something that the Chinese
it will absolutely be brutally re-educated
give absolutely no fucks about. Because they are 'perfectly reasonable'.

So this proves the Soviets were a global threat how?
It doesn't. And wasn't supposed to prove Soviet global threat. If you read it, you'd see that. If I were to make a point for the USSRs increasing and unilateral threat against the West, I would have to point no further than to Berlin in 1946. But since you seem to be unaware of the Berlin Airlift (because it involved the US and UK doing a good thing, and we can't have that), I shall instead direct your attention to whilst the US could (and should) have continued East after taking Berlin at a time when the Red Army would've stood little chance of stopping the US and instead backed off despite having the clear strategic advantage, the USSR used that breathing space to build a military force in direct opposition (and in some cases directly copying) the United States and newly formed NATO.
Including its enormous proliferation of those things you seemed to forget the Russians had an absolute shitload of. What were they called again...? Oh yes, nuclear weapons.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
In the US, the government is controlled by private industry using lobbyists, profits are power and the government is literally helpless beneath them;
Pretty much. And it has kept you at the top of the food chain and knee deep in hookers and cocaine throughout the 20th century.

The cost of living is so high and the landlords so unforgiving, while industry is so antisocial and absolutely free, we literally have no capacity existent or any forum to build such capacity to form a properly functional industrial economy that can grow
Money talks. There's a reason why the further away from the coalface a country/person becomes, the richer and more successful it tends to be. And again, it's not like the US can't. It just has absolutely no will to, because there is a fuckload more cash in selling services than digging a coal mine.

I was going to ask what the heck you read of Hudson, then I remembered his anecdote about how the US defense Dept bought up his first book ‘super imperialism’ to use as a how to guide in nailing down US adversaries
And then you realised 'yeah, he's actually quite right.' Because that is exactly what they're doing. And it has worked for about a hundred years.

If Apple can’t import it’s phones from Thailand and sell them in the US for mad profits, they will piss on the US and go elsewhere and sell their phones to whoever does have money
Like who...? If Apple can't import its phone from Taiwan and sell them in the US for mad profits, then they'll make them in the US and sell them in the US for mad profits. You seem to forget (which is a feature) that there will always be a demand for devices. And where there is demand, there will always be a supply. Apple aren't suddenly going to stop making iThings because they can't get cheap boy labour making them.
They'll just make them here and hike the prices up to cover the overheads and people will still buy them because there will be no-where else to get them.

And all this my man, just to deflect the conversation away from its original point.

psychotic nuclear weapons program
and barely 10% of the nuclear stockpile
That you know absolutely bugger all about the Nuclear Arms race that formed the backbone of the Cold War and even less about the current state of Detante between the two nations.

Sheepy

Planet Sculptor
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Registered
In Canada our prime minister says: On va continuer de continuer de continuer de continuer de continuer de continuer de continuer.
In Quebec the head doctor person always mispronounces CHSLD and other words

S

Searcher Space Program

Well theres so much people answered so why not me right?

I live in Turkey and the weirdest thing in Turkey (for me) is 2 things actually:

-We dont have a space program(we just started one but still no launchpads or anythin) or a car which is still a prototype that will actually start producing in continiuing years as well as the space program

-One side of the Turkey is around 25 degrees while other side is -20.You can both got burned and freeze to your bones with traveling cities which is a weird and cool thing.

IDK ANYTHIN MORE WEIRD SO THATS ALL

Well theres so much people answered so why not me right?

I live in Turkey and the weirdest thing in Turkey (for me) is 2 things actually:

-We dont have a space program(we just started one but still no launchpads or anythin) or a car which is still a prototype that will actually start producing in continiuing years as well as the space program

-One side of the Turkey is around 25 degrees while other side is -20.You can both got burned and freeze to your bones with traveling cities which is a weird and cool thing.

IDK ANYTHIN MORE WEIRD SO THATS ALL
Texas weather is even crazier than that, or that’s Celsius...ok, maybe it’s a draw

There’s a lot of space program on the way to a working craft and launchpad, I’m sure it’s going along accordingly so good luck!
Ok, BOT. The political debate has lasted long enough.
Lol, sorry, Horus makes me feel sane

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
In my country, most people, a lot of which are from the older generation, believe in this thing called pasma. It's some made up folk illness bullshit whose effects ranges from gradually making your hand shaky to making you blind. You can get it when your exposed to cold stuff especially when you're tired. In my family, in particular, I must rest for like 30 minutes to an hour if I used my phone or the computer before taking a bath cause it's tiring for my eyes and hands and shit and they seriously WHOLE-HEARTEDLY believe that I might become blind if I wash my eyes with water, especially cold water, after staring at a screen cause radiation and some bullshit they probably read in Facebook. I really hate it. I even read that cold compresses are actually good for the eye strain you get after looking at screens.

They also think that doctors don't recognize pasma as a disease cause they want to sell us more medicine and shit like... Mom, you work in the medical field. Why do you still believe in this bullcrap?! JUST LET ME TAKE A FUCKING BATH. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *explodes*

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
In my country, most people, a lot of which are from the older generation, believe in this thing called pasma. It's some made up folk illness bullshit whose effects ranges from gradually making your hand shaky to making you blind. You can get it when your exposed to cold stuff especially when you're tired. In my family, in particular, I must rest for like 30 minutes to an hour if I used my phone or the computer before taking a bath cause it's tiring for my eyes and hands and shit and they seriously WHOLE-HEARTEDLY believe that I might become blind if I wash my eyes with water, especially cold water, after staring at a screen cause radiation and some bullshit they probably read in Facebook. I really hate it. I even read that cold compresses are actually good for the eye strain you get after looking at screens.

They also think that doctors don't recognize pasma as a disease cause they want to sell us more medicine and shit like... Mom, you work in the medical field. Why do you still believe in this bullcrap?! JUST LET ME TAKE A FUCKING BATH. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *explodes*
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How bout don't sleep for 3-4 days without bath and writin some codes and afterwards take a bath... Then let's see if we can get 'pasmado' by doin it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How bout don't sleep for 3-4 days without bath and writin some codes and afterwards take a bath... Then let's see if we can get 'pasmado' by doin it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, shift+enter actually sends it. Noted. Anyways, I think there's a greater thing to worry about than pasma if we don't sleep for 3-4 days.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I have a very important question for you guys, if you were in charge of government funding in your country on which of those things you would spend 518 043 400 dollars (2 billion zlotys)?

1. On government television
2. On improving medical care to fight with cancer

If you choose 2. you are normal, if you choose 1. then you are some idiot from Polish goverment

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm from india
And indians make cringy videos
Fake helping
Fake pranks

-1 photo
- particle effect
-and bgm