Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
When it starts turning uncontrollably turn the outermost engine on the booster when it starts doing that again turn off both engines and and use the tank to fuel the shuttle when it runs out ditch it
Extra photos

When you launch it start transferring fuel from the main booster to the shuttles tank

When you reach about 1000 m/s turn off the hawk engine and orbit with the frontiers
Seems it's a flyin bird :) :)

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I am not go at name too, you can say is very worst

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
It’s a shuttle, true. But it can be better.
Extra photos

When you launch it start transferring fuel from the main booster to the shuttles tank

When you reach about 1000 m/s turn off the hawk engine and orbit with the frontiers
So... how about if you make the payload bay with fairings, instead of structures? Just a thought...

Unamed

Registered
I can’t really build faring cargo bays I just don’t understand them and ever since 1.5 came out it’s even harder because I can’t activate thing through farings

So... how about if you make the payload bay with fairings, instead of structures? Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I can’t really build faring cargo bays I just don’t understand them and ever since 1.5 came out it’s even harder because I can’t activate thing through farings

So... how about if you make the payload bay with fairings, instead of structures? Just a thought...
yeah i feel ya about fairing not able to touch behind its skinny sheet of metal....

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

[/QUOTE]
Fairing are used as bay cause it covers the payload so for a space shuttle it looks good, but you can use sturds for shuttle.
The only problem for sturd is, fairing is quite thin as compared to sturd so it gives an extra space for the payload.
I know it's just a difference of 0.5m but I still prefer fairing cause it looks nice. It just need some practice.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
What’s up with the [/QUOTE]s? :p

Also,

Hope this helps you:
A tutorial on shuttle payload doors in SFS 1.5

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This thing really doesn’t like miss-clicks
instead of separators, why don't use a fuel tank to fill the gap?

and RiP for the shuttle's head :p :( :p

T

TtTOtW

Also don't put the port on the floor of the bay. It obviously won't work. Rather, put a port/s in the top end of the side of the load bay, which will be exposed when opening the cover. Then it will be accessible.