NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Supported Game Version: v1.5.10.2

I've been wanting to play with SRB's since we first saw them in the update roadmap. Sadly we haven't gotten to see them in vanilla yet, except a nerfed form in the career prototype, so I took it into my own hands.

There are 4 different widths, 2 wide up to 8 wide. You get to choose a custom height, rotate the nozzle, or choose whether you want the taper on the skirt via the right click menu.

This is one I am very open to suggestions for. Please do leave balancing suggestions in the replies.

1685484212022.png
1685484398896.png

Here's a few general stats:

ISP: 130
Fuel Density (as compared to liquid): 2x
Dry Mass Ratio: 15%
Thrust Formula: 75t * ( height / 2 )

How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Mods > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the asset file from the below Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Google Drive - solidfuel.pack

The game will automatically load the parts when you re-open it. You'll find them under the Engines pick category.

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Major update to the available sizes, I felt width should increase as height increases rather than each width being proportional to the last, and there needed to be a lot more higher height boosters. Let me know what you think.

1658892981341.png

N2O4

Modder
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
now we're gonna need solid fuel blocks lol
ASoD said it's not doable with current Booster Module. Would be possible when using usual Engine Module, but then boosters would be able to shut down.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
ASoD said it's not doable with current Booster Module. Would be possible when using usual Engine Module, but then boosters would be able to shut down.
I’m attempting to figure it out, but things get “interesting” very quickly.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Part pack updated for new modloader release. Just redownload the pack from the same google drive link and replace the old file at the new custom parts location.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.1 is now out at the same google drive link. Added a toggle that lets you turn off the taper on the skirt.
1665591651738.png

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Something to get excited about in the next update. Waiting on a bug fix patch from the devs to release but it's something I'm certain people will like.
nozzle rotation.gif

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
What did you use to calculate the incline?
I actually didn't need to calculate it, I added the booster module to the nozzle instead of the parent game object which automatically tilts the vector for me.

However, this is what is causing the bug that I am waiting on a fix for. I guess I could just use a custom module seeing as the inputs for the vector don't accept sin/cos calculations but it's a bug that will be fixed anyways so wouldn't be worth the effort.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I really want to start making mods, but i dont know how to do really any coding. Any tips from all fellow modders?
Hello KaneVRHL,

Please create your own thread in the Help and Support section if you have questions about modding. We would like that threads dedicated to mods stay on topic.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2 is now live! Finally added angled nozzle, as a recent patch finally fixed the bug that it caused.

I got the same thing as SpaceExplorer67852. I'm using Steam and MacOS Monterey (12.6).

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 12.17.54 PM.png

Bash:
(base) InfiniteElementAnalysis@mbp % pwd
/Users/InfiniteElementAnalysis/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Spaceflight Simulator/SpaceflightSimulatorGame.app/Mods/Custom Assets/Parts
(base) InfiniteElementAnalysis@mbp % ls
PicoSpace_ALV_V0.2.2.pack
PicoSpace_Booster_V0.2.0.pack
PicoSpace_Engine_V0.5.5.pack
PicoSpace_SpaceCraft_V0.2.0.pack
I'm new at using mods, but I added the above packs from:
GitHub - EmberSkyMedia/SFS_ESM_Engines: Engines Designed by me, often inspired by real world rocket engines.
GitHub - EmberSkyMedia/SFS_PicoSpace_Additional_Launch_Vehicles: PicoSpace Artemis SLS Recreation

Here are my blueprints:
Bash:
(base) InfiniteElementAnalysis@mbp % pwd
/Users/InfiniteElementAnalysis/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Spaceflight Simulator/SpaceflightSimulatorGame.app/Saving/Blueprints
(base) InfiniteElementAnalysis@mbp % ls
Ares 1 Cargo                Atlas 452                    Delta IV Orion Test Flight                H-2A
Ares 1 Crew                    Atlas 501                    Engine comparison                        SLS Cargo Block 1
Ares 5                        Atlas 502                    Falcon 1                                SLS Cargo Block 1B
Ares IV Cargo                Atlas 511                    Falcon 9 Block 4                        SLS Cargo Block 2
Ares IV Crew                Atlas 512                    Falcon 9 Block 4 Dragon 1                SLS Orion Block 1
Ares V Cargo                Atlas 521                    Falcon 9 Block 4 expendable                SLS Orion Block 1 + Cubes
Ares V Crew                    Atlas 522                    Falcon 9 Block 5                        SLS Orion Block 1B
Artemis 1                    Atlas 531                    Falcon 9 Block 5 Cargo Dragon 2            SLS Orion Block 2
Artemis Mars Boost            Atlas 532                    Falcon 9 Block 5 Crew Dragon            SN 8-15
Artemis Mars Cargo            Atlas 541                    Falcon 9 Block 5 Dragon 1                SN5
Artemis Mars Crew            Atlas 542                    Falcon 9 Block 5 expendable                Saturn 5
Atlas 401                    Atlas 551                    Falcon 9 v1.0                            Starhopper
Atlas 402                    Atlas 552                    Falcon 9 v1.0 Dragon 1                    Starship 3.0
Atlas 411                    Atlas HLV DEC                Falcon 9 v1.1                            Starship Advanced Cargo
Atlas 412                    Atlas HLV SEC                Falcon 9 v1.1 Dragon 1                    Starship Cargo
Atlas 421                    Atlas N22 Starliner            Falcon 9 v1.1 expendable                Starship Crew
Atlas 422                    DELTA 4 heAVY                Falcon Heavy Block 5                    Starship Deepspace
Atlas 431                    Delta IV Heavy                Falcon Heavy Block 5 fully expendable    Starship Fuel
Atlas 432                    Delta IV M                    Falcon Heavy Block 5 partial expendable    Starship HLS
Atlas 441                    Delta IV M+ (4,2)            Falcon Heavy Launch 1                    Starship ORT
Atlas 442                    Delta IV M+ (5,2)            Gemini 3                                Superheavy + Pad
Atlas 451                    Delta IV M+ (5,4)            Grasshopper                                custom
If I load for example `Starship Deepspace` it's an empty blueprint screen. If I click `launch anyway` I see this:
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 12.19.15 PM.png

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
I actually didn't need to calculate it, I added the booster module to the nozzle instead of the parent game object which automatically tilts the vector for me.

However, this is what is causing the bug that I am waiting on a fix for. I guess I could just use a custom module seeing as the inputs for the vector don't accept sin/cos calculations but it's a bug that will be fixed anyways so wouldn't be worth the effort.
What if we do the same thing on a liquid fuel engine getting controls through actual thrust vectoring rather than torque? How differently would the engine behave