Solid Rocket Boosters!

Supported Game Version: v1.5.9.8

I've been wanting to play with SRB's since we first saw them in the update roadmap. Sadly we haven't gotten to see them in vanilla yet, except a nerfed form in the career prototype, so I took it into my own hands.

There are 14 different sizes in 4 different widths, from 2 wide up to 8 wide.

This is one I am very open to suggestions for, as I care about making them balanced. I feel they are pretty good rn, but I'm still not certain about all the numbers. Please do leave balancing suggestions in the replies.

View attachment 87647

Given that there are so many, I won't list stats for every single one here, but I will give a few general stats:

ISP: 130
Fuel Density (as compared to liquid): 2x
Dry Mass Ratio: 15%
Thrust Formula: 75t * ( height / 2 )

How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Mods > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the asset file from the below Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Google Drive - solidfuel.pack

The game will automatically load the parts when you re-open it. You'll find them under their own separate tab called "Solid Fuel".
truly about to be kerbal space program 2d now

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v3.0 is now out! this brings several new changes.
1. There are no longer presets. The four nozzle widths are their own parts, and you get to choose your own height with a slider in the right click menu.
2. Solid fuel pick category has been removed. All nozzles can now be found under the engines section.
3. Fixed the part icons in the part picker and staging menus taking up a large amount of space and flooding them. They now have a set much more reasonable size.