Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No, it's perfectly reasonable that someone interested in space and science fiction has completely missed 60 years of tv shows, films, books, cultural references and tie ins to real world space programmes and has never heard of Star Trek before.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
No, it's perfectly reasonable that someone interested in space and science fiction has completely missed 60 years of tv shows, films, books, cultural references and tie ins to real world space programmes and has never heard of Star Trek before.
I've never even been interested in Star Trek but I still know what it is

There was a moment in time when each and every last one of you asked the same exact question: “What’s Star Trek?”

Only, you likely weren’t heckled and ridiculed in a public forum.

Talk your talk. However, I don’t think Starfleet would take you

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
There was a moment in time when each and every last one of you asked the same exact question: “What’s Star Trek?”
Very true. Especially as it would've been very difficult to be heckled and ridiculed on a forum like this when that question would've been roughly 25-30 years ago as a very, very young child, barely in school, at the cusp of interest in sci-fi with no access to the internet watching VHS tapes of Wrath Of Khan or The Voyage Home with my mum wondering why they're teleporting humpback whales.

There's a bit of a difference between that, and an '18'yr old with an interest in sci fi, access to all the worlds media, playing a space game has managed to miss 3 recent star trek films, the death of Leonard Nimoy, every current cultural reference about one of the longest running 'universes' in film and everything else that has gone before it?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Engrish? You mean laungage ze countryballs speak?
No, "Engrish" is when a Japanese guy speaks very bad English.

The Japanese can't pronnounce the "L" (It doesn't EXISTS in their language), So If a jap wants to pronnounce the word "English" it would sound as "Ingurishu".

The quote above "All your base ARE belong to us" is a cursed bad translation from a jap 1990's arcade game.

Last edited:
T

The Dark in the Light

OMG, I didn't know! I AM VERY SORRY If that offended you!
No offence taken and what ya said is correct I think. and I'm fine being called a jap and once when I was bored I climbed a spruce tree and screamed "IM A JAP IN A SPRUCE TREE!"