Steam version official Modloader not recognizing .dll or .pack

The official Modloader from the steam version worked normally for me, I had a few mods downloaded including the Brioche's Apollo pack, but then one day it just stopped working, didn't even recognize the .dll and .pack now had an error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". And I do believe the .pack file was in its' right place. I repeat it worked before so I went looking for fixes, re-installed the game, updated my graphics, re-installed the mod etc. but nothing worked, I went looking for other people who have experienced this and I found one guy, who had the same problem from the same version, I followed the instructions they gave him but nothing worked for me, I felt defeated and was about to make this post a month ago but I accidentally read one of his comments after the instructions, they were in spanish but I could understand some of it, I translated it and they said something along the lines of "It didn't work, I will just wait for the next update", so I decided to do the same, the next update comes along, 1.5.9.8 and so I update the game and the update worked just fine so I tried the modloader again but it still didn't work, I did re-install the game again and updated my graphics again but nothing worked.
1674154771190.png
1674154723815.png
1674154807480.png

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
From your screenshots the way you installed the mods seems correct... When did you have them working for the last time?

Several possibilities:
- did you use dani's mod loader before the release of the official mod loader (on last october), and if yes did you uninstall it?
- it's a good thing to update the game, but did you also update the mods? At least I can confirm that Gliding heat shields and Closest approach line work fine in their latest version.

From your screenshots the way you installed the mods seems correct... When did you have them working for the last time?

Several possibilities:
- did you use dani's mod loader before the release of the official mod loader (on last october), and if yes did you uninstall it?
- it's a good thing to update the game, but did you also update the mods? At least I can confirm that Gliding heat shields and Closest approach line work fine in their latest version.
I did not use dani's ml, I was new to the game after the ML update and I did update the mods, the mods in the folder I downloaded specially for this thread a few minutes before the screenshot was taken.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I just noticed, for Part editor you also need UI tools. Otherwise everything you did seems correct...

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

I've reported the problems to the dev team, I'll let you know if they find the problem.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The same thing is happening to me, I can't use my favorite mods anymore ;-;
Could you please precise us the mods you use? From those, which ones don't work? All of them or a few particular ones?
Thanks.

Interstellar Cat

Man on the Moon
Registered
The mods I usually use are:

- VanillaUpgrades
- UITools
- MorePartsMod
- ShareSpace Parts V2.2
- PicoSpace Industries' Utility Pack
- PicoSpace Industries' Semi-Realistic Rocket Engines & Booster Pack
- Electricity Part Pack
- LX SpaceX Falcon 9 Pack 1.2
- SpaceX Engines 1.35

And none of those work.

So a little update on the thing, I am so frustrated with the modloader not working that I started a search to see how I can fix it, I'm trying a tactic that I've used in many different games that have a similar file layout, basically - deleting a file responsible for the problem and restarting the game without reinstalling it. Right now I've tried to delete: System.Xml.dll, System.Xml.Linq.dll, mono files (Spaceflight Simulator Game - MonoBleedingEdge - etc - mono) and the modssettings file (Spaceflight Simulator Game - Saving - Settings - ModsSettings) but none of that succeded, I will be updating this and seeing what can help and what not to do, for now I would not advise deleting System.Xml.dll, System.Xml.Linq.dll as that needed me to repair the files after deleting them. To check if the modloader starts loading im using an authorised mod Part Editor (PartEditor.dll).

And another little update, decided to read the previous messages and thanks to Altair I've found a mistake and I will update this in a moment again.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake."

And hello back, so I've confirmed now with everything needed to make PartEditor.dll work and deleting the files posted above "System.Xml.dll, System.Xml.Linq.dll, mono files (Spaceflight Simulator Game - MonoBleedingEdge - etc - mono) and the modssettings file (Spaceflight Simulator Game - Saving - Settings - ModsSettings)" doesn't fix the modloader so I will continue the search in any free time that I have and if within the next year or until the problem gets solved by the devs I will not reply to this, so if I don't reply until let's say, the 20th April 2024 it mean I have either given up, forgotten or the problem got solved by the devs.

I do not know what just happened, but I moved the mods out of the folder and put them back in and it showed this
1681416881239.png

I've tested it and it works, it means that deleting the ModSettings and/or the mono files fixed it, if none of that works for you Interstellar Cat try to move the System.Xml.dll, System.Xml.Linq.dll files out of the Managed folder in Spaceflight Simulator_Data folder, launch the game and put them back in the folder. Also if you delete the mono files, reinstall the game AFTER launching it afterhand you've deleted the files. Hope this works and hope I get a scholarship for and IT school (doubt)