Tanks

Which tanks are cooler

• Total voters

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Do they count as tanks? I’d normally count them as mobile artillery/AA. But please correct me if I’m wrong.
I guess the one with S-75 and S-125 are SPAA since those were armed with anti-air missile
not sure about the TOS-1, it wasn't used by any artillery units but the Russian NBC Protection Troops does use them

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well, it depends on how you define 'tank' in the first place.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The definition on Wikipedia seems correct.
"A tank is an armoured fighting vehicle intended as a primary offensive weapon in front-line ground combat."
So is a Bradley IFV. But trust me on this, if you call a Bradley a tank the driver will beat you over the head with a torque wrench.

but the TOS-1A, since it was used against infantry and fortified positions, I guess you could call them "tanks"?
Having the same role as an MLRS. Which isn't a tank either.

Also, to make the water even muddier

A tank is an armoured fighting vehicle intended as a primary offensive weapon in front-line ground combat."
would also include assault guns and tank destroyers like the Stug, Brumbar and JadgTiger. And the Stug especially was not a tank and never came under the panzer umbrella.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
So is a Bradley IFV. But trust me on this, if you call a Bradley a tank the driver will beat you over the head with a torque wrench.

Having the same role as an MLRS. Which isn't a tank either.

Also, to make the water even muddier

would also include assault guns and tank destroyers like the Stug, Brumbar and JadgTiger. And the Stug especially was not a tank and never came under the panzer umbrella.
Just curious, why weren't the StuG and JadgTiger/JadgPanther tanks? Because they had fixed guns?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Just curious, why weren't the StuG and JadgTiger/JadgPanther tanks? Because they had fixed guns?
Nope. Politics. The panzer divisions didn't want them. The artillery got them, but they weren't really artillery. So they became their own entity.

Last edited:

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Because installing a Sherman 75mm gun would be a downgrade.
b- but muh murican engineering! D: lol

In all seriousness, I literally only made that as a joke and for photoshop practice lol

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
OH GOD NO YOU. TiMe FoR yOu To Be SeNt To A BLak Hole
Its Sha Ka Ree