Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Everyone knows Mexico doesn't own any tanks, never mind make any.

Cosmo is just fucking with you

In any choice ive ever made, Germany is always my pick. Best Tools by far, best cars, great beer. Hell anybody in Germany want to swap? we got...... err um apple pie.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
We all know German tanks are good on firepower, American tanks on reliability and Russian tanks on production.

We all know German tanks are good on firepower, American tanks on reliability and Russian tanks on production.
Im gonna just assume you're referring towards the mid to late years of the second world war.

German tanks are good at great firepower? Sure, somewhat true, but the allies later compensated for that by mounting bigger guns on their tanks like the "easy 8" for the Sherman, and the Soviet T-34/85. So all are even.

American tanks on reliability? Nah, ever since they adopted the "quantity over quality" approach to Sherman manufacturing, the American tanks ended up being less reliable especially on the engines, same goes with the Reds, I am not sure about their reports on engine reliability but their welding was rushed which hurt armor reliability especially before the 85 variant. Speaking of welding, the Jagtiger heavy tank suffered from poor welding and when rounds hit the armor, the shock cracked the armor along the welding lines.
To sum up, American tank's reliability is not that good but manageable, Russian tank's reliability are improved over time but is still ok, German tank's reliability are pretty good for earlier production tanks like the Tiger but got worst towards the end of the war.

Finally, production. Nope, both Russian T-34s and American Sherman tanks are great for mass producing, the German tanks suffered greatly in this area because they were over engineered and "high quality", full mass production was impossible because many parts were required to be hand made which seriously slows down production time.

Horus Lupercal Correct me if I am wrong here, thanks.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
But, what about this thing?

JL MC.COOL EXPLAIN THIS THING

View attachment 32410
"The KV was ordered right off the drawing board.[6] When the Soviets entered the Winter War, the SMK, KV and a third design, the T-100, were sent to be tested in combat conditions. The KV outperformed the SMK and T-100 designs. The KV's heavy armour proved highly resistant to Finnish anti-tank weapons, making it more difficult to stop. In 1939, the production of 50 KVs was ordered. During the war, the Soviets found it difficult to deal with the concrete bunkers used by the Finns and a request was made for a tank with a large howitzer. One of the rush projects to meet the request put the howitzer in a new turret on one of the KV tanks.[7] Initially known as 'Little turret KV' and 'Big turret KV', the 76-mm-armed tank was redesignated as the KV-1 Heavy Tank and the 152 mm howitzer one as KV-2 Heavy Artillery Tank."
stolen from wikipedia
dude, it's a box with a tube on a hull

T

The Dark in the Light

Ok, WHAT IN THE HELL!?
Screenshot_20200202-203734_World of Tanks.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-203753_World of Tanks.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-203757_World of Tanks.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-204030_World of Tanks.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-204138_World of Tanks.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-204231_World of Tanks.jpg

Everybody was confused on how this even happened, me as well. I found a snug spot near this building thing I was in to snipe and all of a sudden this happened. Gonna go record the replay and put it on Youtube I think.

Im gonna just assume you're referring towards the mid to late years of the second world war.

German tanks are good at great firepower? Sure, somewhat true, but the allies later compensated for that by mounting bigger guns on their tanks like the "easy 8" for the Sherman, and the Soviet T-34/85. So all are even.

American tanks on reliability? Nah, ever since they adopted the "quantity over quality" approach to Sherman manufacturing, the American tanks ended up being less reliable especially on the engines, same goes with the Reds, I am not sure about their reports on engine reliability but their welding was rushed which hurt armor reliability especially before the 85 variant. Speaking of welding, the Jagtiger heavy tank suffered from poor welding and when rounds hit the armor, the shock cracked the armor along the welding lines.
To sum up, American tank's reliability is not that good but manageable, Russian tank's reliability are improved over time but is still ok, German tank's reliability are pretty good for earlier production tanks like the Tiger but got worst towards the end of the war.

Finally, production. Nope, both Russian T-34s and American Sherman tanks are great for mass producing, the German tanks suffered greatly in this area because they were over engineered and "high quality", full mass production was impossible because many parts were required to be hand made which seriously slows down production time.

Horus Lupercal Correct me if I am wrong here, thanks.
Jez ran away

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
The feck man, yall know more about tanks than me and you gave me that statement of "oh russian tanks are good for mass producing and shit", that's heretically blunt.
Russian tanks are almost on the same level as American tanks