Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i cannot find the rules
i found it rite before i post the "i cant" stuff
sonic boom , again please make an effort to condense your posts! This is not a chat, this a forum, your messages are not flushed over time. Instead of dispatching everything over several posts, read all the conversation first, and then write everything you want to say in a single post. There's generally no reason to post several times in a row.

And also again, please focus on the topic. The topic is about tanks, 3 of your 4 messages are off-topic (I'll consider the first one is fine).

Thank you Etherian Space Program for recalling the general rules. Indeed it's better to read them before posting.

T

The Dark in the Light

sonic boom , again please make an effort to condense your posts! This is not a chat, this a forum, your messages are not flushed over time. Instead of dispatching everything over several posts, read all the conversation first, and then write everything you want to say in a single post. There's generally no reason to post several times in a row.

And also again, please focus on the topic. The topic is about tanks, 3 of your 4 messages are off-topic (I'll consider the first one is fine).

Thank you Etherian Space Program for recalling the general rules. Indeed it's better to read them before posting.
And thank you too, Altair.

T

The Dark in the Light

Here is the BT-7. I know pretty much nothing about it, aside that is a light tank. What do you guys think of it?
1587554904917.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Here is the BT-7. I know pretty much nothing about it, aside that is a light tank. What do you guys think of it?
View attachment 36300
Bet it looked awesome through the optical sight of a Tiger...

Jokes aside, it was probably a happier sight to the Germans during Barbarossa as at least they could actually kill this one unlike it's direct successor the T-34.

By all accounts it was fast, had a decent (for the late 30s) high velocity (45mm) anti-tank gun, a larger 75mm low velocity gun, a 105 howitzer gun carriage version and the usual command/flamethrower etc versions.

Unfortunately, it had Russian build quality and paper armour, so they were losing about 160-200 of these a month to gunfire and breakdowns and nearly all were lost in the first 12 months of that operation.

T

The Dark in the Light

Bet it looked awesome through the optical sight of a Tiger...
Or a Panther when I went into combat with Betka.

Jokes aside, it was probably a happier sight to the Germans during Barbarossa as at least they could actually kill this one unlike it's direct successor the T-34.

By all accounts it was fast, had a decent (for the late 30s) high velocity (45mm) anti-tank gun, a larger 75mm low velocity gun, a 105 howitzer gun carriage version and the usual command/flamethrower etc versions.

Unfortunately, it had Russian build quality and paper armour, so they were losing about 160-200 of these a month to gunfire and breakdowns and nearly all were lost in the first 12 months of that operation.
Damn, just regular fire from rifles and machine guns? Or AT rifles too?

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
View attachment 36300
If I'm correct, it was designed by an American but the Army didn't use it, the Russian did
Also, it holds the record for the longest jump achieved by a tank (Someone gave Boris too much Vodka again)

I think it might stop small arms rounds, everything bigger than a .50 Cal will penetrate

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The Panther 75mm gun actually had better penetration than the 88 on the Tiger I up to certain ranges. Obviously the larger round though was much more devastating when it went in, and the HE was a lot more potent as well.

Also, it holds the record for the longest jump achieved by a tank
Ooh really? That must've been one helluva jump. I've heard of British fast tanks (Cromwell) using essentially modified Spitfire engines (RR Meteor) jumping canals. BT-7 is even faster on road and lighter so it wouldn't surprise me

I think it might stop small arms rounds, everything bigger than a .50 Cal will penetrate
Yeah, it'll stop small arms. Modern .50cal AP might punch in from the side/rear and certainly the dedicated AT rifles but anything smaller than that and it won't stand much chance.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The fun thing about this is that the majority of German tanks during the WWII are named after felines, except for this one, the biggest of 'em all. It's frickin' named (obviously) after a rodent LMAO
Majority of German tanks except:

Neubaufahrzeug
Panzer I
Panzer II
Panzer III
Panzer IV
Maus
Ratte
Nashorn
Elephant
Ferdinand
Hetzer
STuG
Goliath
E-100

In fact, you have only panther, tiger, leopard and puma for german AFVs named after cats from the past....70 years. There was a design between Maus and Tiger named Lion as well, but they never got it off paper

The Tiger wasn't supposed to be called Tiger. It got the name unofficially as Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H1 was deemed a bit of a mouthful by Dr. Porsche and called it Tiger instead cos it sounded cool.

Panther was always called Panther from the initial design upwards, possibly due to the Tiger. Same with the various iterations of Leopard that have popped up over the decades.

Imagine spending the whole fuel tank just for 150m
Ha, judging by the set up nature of the stunt, I think that thing would've gone in with almost dry tanks and no ammunition.
I'd love to know the genuine reason behind it, as throwing a tank into a deep body of water isn't the kind of thing a sane driver would do considering the possibility of him going with it to the bottom of the lake.

Majority of German tanks except:

Neubaufahrzeug
Panzer I
Panzer II
Panzer III
Panzer IV
Maus
Ratte
Nashorn
Elephant
Ferdinand
Hetzer
STuG
Goliath
E-100

In fact, you have only panther, tiger, leopard and puma for german AFVs named after cats from the past....70 years. There was a design between Maus and Tiger named Lion as well, but they never got it off paper

The Tiger wasn't supposed to be called Tiger. It got the name unofficially as Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H1 was deemed a bit of a mouthful by Dr. Porsche and called it Tiger instead cos it sounded cool.

Panther was always called Panther from the initial design upwards, possibly due to the Tiger. Same with the various iterations of Leopard that have popped up over the decades.

Ha, judging by the set up nature of the stunt, I think that thing would've gone in with almost dry tanks and no ammunition.
I'd love to know the genuine reason behind it, as throwing a tank into a deep body of water isn't the kind of thing a sane driver would do considering the possibility of him going with it to the bottom of the lake.
Sorry, I chose my words poorly :p
BTW, if my memory serves me right, there's a German tank called Luchs right? (German for lynx)

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
I was talking about the mouse ._.