Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Hello everyone!

I have two announcements to make.

One is that we are looking into overhauling the rank system. To this end, we'd welcome any feedback about the current system, or ideas for improvements. Suggest them to us here or in a DM. :)
Don't expect the new system to come out soon, it's a big task! But to reassure all doubts, your team ranks will carry over into the new system, you won't have to start from scratch if you have a Team Titan, Team Frontier or Team Hawk badge.

The second announcement may be more immediately interesting, as of right now we shall be taking applications for rank mission judges.
Their job will be to evaluate mission submissions, and to ping an admin if they are satisfactory according to the publicly posted guidelines. Or to provide appropriate feedback to the submitter if they are not. It is our hope that having judges will allow for quicker evaluation of submissions and thus quicker rewarding of badges, as an admin* will be quickly rewarding the badge upon the conclusion of the judge's evaluations. We shall trust them to evaluate well, and to foster a postive environment of improvements amongst people submitting missions. :)

For now, all judges shall be team hawk, and they can officially evaluate submissions up to one rank lower, aka judges can evaluate team titan and team frontier submissions. Forum staff will still be the only ones in charge of evaluating of team hawk submissions.
If you are of team hawk and you feel you could be a good judge, DM a member of staff!

*An admin is required due to limitations in the forum's software.

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
As a member of Kiloton-Club, I think there isn't a mission or badge for huge things... :confused:
Hehehe! ;)
Seriously, how about making a team for those who are encouraged to make gadgets. For example, wizards for android users, technologies such as the acari drive or similars. Maybe name it Team SCR or the unexpected Team ION :cool: Wait! Do you like Team Retro-Pack? :D

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Make voyager quest easier! It is way too hard!
Agreed. Ever since I got the floater badge (my newest one), I've been trying and failing to do the voyager quest. It just seems like nothing works.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I see so many people saying under pressure was so hard and I don't understand
Agreed. If you are stuck just watch others successful attempts and be careful and precise with your maneuvers.

Make Cars acceptable for the replica challenge :p
High altitude planes like SR71 and more clarification on vehicles like SpaceShipTwo.

Agreed. Ever since I got the floater badge (my newest one), I've been trying and failing to do the voyager quest. It just seems like nothing works.
I'd say it is harder than under pressure. I'd say swap them. Under Pressure in Frontier and Voyager in Hawk but with 10% lower limit to make it truly Hawk.

Last edited:

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Agreed. If you are stuck just watch others successful attempts and be careful and precise with your maneuvers.

High altitude planes like SR71 and more clarification on vehicles like SpaceShipTwo.

I'd say it is harder than under pressure. I'd say swap them. Under Pressure in Frontier and Voyager in Hawk but with 10% lower limit to make it truly Hawk.
yeah

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. :)
We'll definitely be considering how to make sure all challenges within a rank are the same difficulty, given all the changes in the game over time.

And those ideas about doing technical things and other kinds of challenges are very interesting.:D

If you think of ways to make the instructions simpler that's also very valuable info!

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Team ION Badge Stats
Badge color: Light Blue
Badge text: Team ION
Don't restrict yourself to the current schemes, it's an overhaul after all. :p
If we were to have a fourth rank, what missions would you put in it?

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto and Back? (Base players: Grand tour and back)
Moon and Back Twice?
Transport and land a 500 ton rover on Mars?
Idk come up with more if you want
A fourth shade of blue name?
#54ACD2

Last edited:

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Fully reasuable to the moon and back. Mercury or Venus and back. Use of VEEGA to enter low Jovian orbit. Moon and back twice with same rocket. Replica challenge but with a reusable rocket and accurate recovery hardware and functionality. Unlocks editing without time limit and the ability to contribute to the making of forum/discord challenges.

S

Sportgus

I think a badge for more technical challenges should be added if more badges will be added. Perhaps one for the buggyness and exploits of the game :pand maybe one for the bp editing or planet editing side of sfs.
If there were to be a Team Ion, I think it would have to be extremely difficult, pushing everything you have to the limits, stuff even the Space Stig himself struggled with.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Fully reasuable to the moon and back. Mercury or Venus and back. Use of VEEGA to enter low Jovian orbit. Moon and back twice with same rocket. Replica challenge but with a reusable rocket and accurate recovery hardware and functionality. Unlocks editing without time limit and the ability to contribute to the making of forum/discord challenges.
Thanks Idkgeek

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I think a badge for more technical challenges should be added if more badges will be added. Perhaps one for the buggyness and exploits of the game :pand maybe one for the bp editing or planet editing side of sfs.
If there were to be a Team Ion, I think it would have to be extremely difficult, pushing everything you have to the limits, stuff even the Space Stig himself struggled with.
No ions grand tour, single stage to Mars and back (no ions), Apollo³, low solar orbit, maybe some other stuff