Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I ought to revisit this challenge sometime. Decided to put it off for the specific reason of waiting till staging came out, and well now it’s out. Plus it should be pretty well suited for these ultra large launcher applications.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I ought to revisit this challenge sometime. Decided to put it off for the specific reason of waiting till staging came out, and well now it’s out. Plus it should be pretty well suited for these ultra large launcher applications.
I'm still waiting for the promised small asteroid from SFSFS that was supposed to arrive a month ago.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yarp.

Jokes aside, you still thinking of putting Texas into orbit?
I think it’d be a fun project. I deleted the world file from the game to make room for a new 1.5.2 world, but I made a copy of the files in a new location. If I can figure out how to switch it back then I’ll probably start development after I finish my Soyuz project. If not I’ll just try and create a new asteroid.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think it’d be a fun project. I deleted the world file from the game to make room for a new 1.5.2 world, but I made a copy of the files in a new location. If I can figure out how to switch it back then I’ll probably start development after I finish my Soyuz project. If not I’ll just try and create a new asteroid.
Also, didn't iOS decide that you're allowed to borrow blueprints now?

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Also, didn't iOS decide that you're allowed to borrow blueprints now?
Yup. I haven’t tried downloading blueprints yet, but I did successfully install Eternia so it works I presume.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yup. I haven’t tried downloading blueprints yet, but I did successfully install Eternia so it works I presume.
Hmmm. Well once you've built your asteroid, would you like to borrow the worlds largest launch vehicle to get it into space?

That's if it even bloody works in 1.5+...

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Hmmm. Well once you've built your asteroid, would you like to borrow the worlds largest launch vehicle to get it into space?

That's if it even bloody works in 1.5+...
Sure, I think it’d be interesting to see if it works still. Could also be interesting to see if or how staging could be implemented into it.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Sure, I think it’d be interesting to see if it works still. Could also be interesting to see if or how staging could be implemented into it.
You'd only need to make sure the single docking port holding the sections together comes apart at the right time. The fuel burns are timed for everything else

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
You'd only need to make sure the single docking port holding the sections together comes apart at the right time. The fuel burns are timed for everything else
Well that makes it real simple then. I honestly wonder if you could even activate staging with all the lag. 1.5.1 buttons basically just seized up with lag, but I haven’t tested that with 1.5.2.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well that makes it real simple then. I honestly wonder if you could even activate staging with all the lag. 1.5.1 buttons basically just seized up with lag, but I haven’t tested that with 1.5.2.
I doubt it. I had to turn the engines off everytime I wanted to interact with the game beyond steering. Map checks, zooming in/out. And the screen shook maybe 100-200m because of the thrust so you'd need to turn off to find the port and disconnect.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If I change my Space dust to another texture, then mine it would be a challenge, mine have a diameter of only 10cm

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well, siryonkee posted some blueprints, so it looks like iOS can share Bps now.
Careful. Remember that the engines’ hitboxes changed from 1.406 to 1.5. and fucked up many people’s builds. Komodo might need to be completely rebuilt for 1.5.
If I change my Space dust to another texture, then mine it would be a challenge, mine have a diameter of only 10cm
Remember that your space dust, like any other planet, is “on rails” so it can be moved by anything.

Unfortunately no, we can’t use your space dust in this challenge, James.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Careful. Remember that the engines’ hitboxes changed from 1.406 to 1.5. and fucked up many people’s builds. Komodo might need to be completely rebuilt for 1.5.
Though technically it’d be pretty easy to just clip the hit boxes by a little bit. The drag-select feature in 1.5.2 would make this really easy.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yeah, obviously. But remember that every section of Komodo has a lot of engines.
Hence the drag-select feature. You don’t have to manually select each part. Just drag over the entirety of the blueprint and you’re done—simple and easy.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yup, one of the best QOL features that the new update added. Really helps to integrate my part clipping techniques with blueprint editing.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Try inserting the save (persistent) files as a quick save in an established world. They should overlay without disturbing existing files. Change address in rocket.txt and worldstate.txt to desired location. You can also change coordinates if needed.