Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think NASA should continue supporting the ISS. For me, this station is something special; it's a great achievement for engineers. The single fact that we have done the spacecraft letting people be in space is amazing. I also know that ISS is a platform for numerous scientific research. Please, don't stone me, but I would like scientists to support the ISS and develop robotic missions. It's too expensive, I know, perhaps I'm just too much love space...
At what point does it make more sense to use the cartload of heavy lifters in development now to make a new station rather than keeping the ISS on life support?

Why would you need a new space station...? Especially one of that size. Except for 'cos it looks cool', what reason is there for one to exist if you're already doing lunar and Mars expeditions
For both of you.
Like I said. Except for it being cool and we all like space stations, why do we need space stations like the ISS...? Surely it's about time we actually did something with all this research and went further than low earth orbit?
Fuck man, the ISS is so close to Earth that at certain times, I've worked further away from home than the crew on board.

Half of the station? The Russians only own two modules and the whole station is massive compared to them.
Well, they're also the only sections capable of disconnecting and flying themselves and them leaving pretty much takes the majority of the ISS ability to orbit change, two bedspaces for crew and a lot of the life support as well. So whilst they don't comprise a large amount of actual volume, capability wise the station wouldn't be able to do a lot or stay for very long without replacement.

For both of you.
Like I said. Except for it being cool and we all like space stations, why do we need space stations like the ISS...? Surely it's about time we actually did something with all this research and went further than low earth orbit?
Fuck man, the ISS is so close to Earth that at certain times, I've worked further away from home than the crew on board.
Well, perhaps, you're right. I need to learn more about the research that is conducted on the ISS to understand whether this station is profitable or not. At least, I haven't heard about any great discoveries made by astronauts on the ISS, and I think it's a good reason to think of moving further...

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
not even worthy of being a necropost, it says nothing. Adrian please don't post nothing