The LVC Defense Platform

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
The Low Velocity Canon defense platform utilizes a upgraded missle and can store 5 rounds of ammunition in its lowest package. But in it highest package can come with up to 21 rounds, and a refueling tank for fleet vehicles.
Screenshot_20190712-180031.png

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Also btw the cheat are used to simulate a vacum enviroment i havent really been able to launch this yet. As work has been non stop lately.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
So....you stuck a couple normal missiles in a tube and announced its a weapon system.....

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The above notwithstanding, have you tried re-loading that in zero g?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah by the looks of that the ports won’t allow that, also the ports on the missiles will break
Not so much that, as soon as he unlocks them, the missile will start floating away at random. There's loads of pusher panels, but he'll have the devils own time getting an uncontrollable, floating and spinning missile into that breach

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Not so much that, as soon as he unlocks them, the missile will start floating away at random. There's loads of pusher panels, but he'll have the devils own time getting an uncontrollable, floating and spinning missile into that breach
That makes me think that the barrel is totally useless in that case. The barrel is used to maintain the combustion gases compressed to propell a bullet when it's fired. In the case of a self-propelled projectile (aka a missile) that's useless.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That makes me think that the barrel is totally useless in that case. The barrel is used to maintain the combustion gases compressed to propell a bullet when it's fired. In the case of a self-propelled projectile (aka a missile) that's useless.
Sorta. It's also used to steady the projectile in the right direction. Obviously, we can't simulate the imparted spin a rifled barrel would generate on the missile, and the barrel is a bit on the long side (aesthetics over function). Also, as the missile accelerates down the barrel, i'm thinking its speed would exceed the breaking speed of the barrel lining panels and break them on route, causing a barrel explosion.

That being said, i'd definitely have a short barrel, as just having a hole for the missile to exit from, the missile could go anywhere after launch

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
If it didnt work i wouldnt post it i have 500 ideas yet they arent possible or i cant make them work. But this one works and works very well.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Sorta. It's also used to steady the projectile in the right direction. Obviously, we can't simulate the imparted spin a rifled barrel would generate on the missile, and the barrel is a bit on the long side (aesthetics over function). Also, as the missile accelerates down the barrel, i'm thinking its speed would exceed the breaking speed of the barrel lining panels and break them on route, causing a barrel explosion.

That being said, i'd definitely have a short barrel, as just having a hole for the missile to exit from, the missile could go anywhere after launch
Ive tested it it doesnt a longer barrel with the set up i have makes it work better and to get you guys to shut up on its functionality im going to provide video proof

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Dude, I genuinely hope it does work. I would love to see it do a 5 round launch, clean, efficient and effective.

That and because I had issues with floating ammunition during the autoloader test days and I'd love to see how you solved them

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
... and to get you guys to shut up on its functionality...
Tone it down please! People simply give their opinion, and they did it with respect until now.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Well most of the replies here have been either about my account or about how this could not work or doesnt work that well.
Horus has experience and knowledge in this field, he's giving his view on this. The others are just asking about your account, you left with a dead-end to your account, then just bounced back in out of nowhere, this should have been expected

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Dude, I genuinely hope it does work. I would love to see it do a 5 round launch, clean, efficient and effective.

That and because I had issues with floating ammunition during the autoloader test days and I'd love to see how you solved them
Its mostly on how you layout your ammo you can do side feeding or parallel feeding in whiching you need a feeding mechanism which is a little movable peice that can follow the rounds but in my 5 round system it doesnt need that cause it is small enough to not need a feeder