The Moon Tour

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Most of the time, it stays put though...
1603951642804.png

Update: It's gone pretty far...
1603951691576.png

The beacon for this rover is the left one of the two arrows near each other.

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Welcome here to participate in the Moon Tour !!

What's the "Moon Tour" ?
Well the "Moon Tour" is a World Tour but on the Moon. You have to drive a Rover all around the Moon.
Rules :

- You have to drive, not to fly or orbit around the Moon, so you must have functionnal wheels.
-You can use reactors to increase your speed (like that : (Work on Progress fast rover))
View attachment 41740

- No cheat when you are driving your Rover.
-Cheats are ok only for 0g assembly
-Land something that show your departure and your finish like
-Of course DLC use is ok
-BP editing is ok (I'll try to do without personnaly)

Personnally, I'm still testing few Rovers for this Moon Tour (you saw one in this thread presentation). When I'll finish my challenge I'll show you some screenshots when I've finish it !!

Have fun and feel free to ask me some questions !!
Wait- a propulsions system for a rover like ions are legal?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Wait- a propulsions system for a rover like ions are legal?
yes for boost or correction (like if ur rover is almost flyin so it will reduce speed or it will go back to surface) so for me it was added due to lag so i need speed while in crater (lag is more in tip of those craters or mountains or near objects) and it helps me correction in my rover-ish tank..... (mostly not used since its gives me weight too)

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
yes for boost or correction (like if ur rover is almost flyin so it will reduce speed or it will go back to surface) so for me it was added due to lag so i need speed while in crater (lag is more in tip of those craters or mountains or near objects) and it helps me correction in my rover-ish tank..... (mostly not used since its gives me weight too)
YEAH RCS GO!!

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Wait no-
1603952957141.png

Is there a way to separate the spin and wheel controls?
I'm screwed.

Update: Never gonna do that again. My rover tumbled a lot and now it's good...
1603953085738.png

Last edited:
T

TtTOtW

OK. We're either gonna have to disqualify tumblers or limit them somehow. At least don't make it stick shaped. Then you won't be in the air all the time. The other tumblers were all semi round.

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
OK. We're either gonna have to disqualify tumblers or limit them somehow. At least don't make it stick shaped. Then you won't be in the air all the time. The other tumblers were all semi round.
At least mine doesn't tumble most of the time, staying on one side for up to 5 minutes or so, depending on terrain. Also, that would disqualify AstroThis.