Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
This enitre forum is basically just a solid, on target, kick in the nutts, ran on an infinite loop for all I-phone users. You really gotta feel for the silly bastards people.
Yeah, there's a reason I shy away from iOS...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This enitre forum is basically just a solid, on target, kick in the nutts, ran on an infinite loop for all I-phone users. You really gotta feel for the silly bastards people.
Yeah, I'm with TtTOtW here and would love to see where you get to that conclusion. Granted, there's not a lot of iOS users here compared to android, but the vast majority of the builds are done without editing.

Certainly nothing I've posted on here is blueprint edited, and in over 18 months, maybe 2 years on game, the first edited build I've ever been party with is under testing as we speak. And that's purely an engine change.

Cosmo does nothing outside the realms of absolute realism, and I've not seen anything from Blazer, Snakestrike, Altair, and the rest of the big contributors that is blueprint edited. Infact, there is absolutely less of that kind of thing on here than other SFS communities by a big margin.

And don't get started with our actual iOS users like Danny Batten, who gets kicked in the nuts so much and so often hes got the second highest number of posts and highest number of likes on the forum.

So yeah ImaDEADBEAT, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, cos I'm not seeing it.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, I'm with TtTOtW here and would love to see where you get to that conclusion. Granted, there's not a lot of iOS users here compared to android, but the vast majority of the builds are done without editing.

Certainly nothing I've posted on here is blueprint edited, and in over 18 months, maybe 2 years on game, the first edited build I've ever been party with is under testing as we speak. And that's purely an engine change.

Cosmo does nothing outside the realms of absolute realism, and I've not seen anything from Blazer, Snakestrike, Altair, and the rest of the big contributors that is blueprint edited. Infact, there is absolutely less of that kind of thing on here than other SFS communities by a big margin.

And don't get started with our actual iOS users like Danny Batten, who gets kicked in the nuts so much and so often hes got the second highest number of posts and highest number of likes on the forum.

So yeah ImaDEADBEAT, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, cos I'm not seeing it.
I have some minor editing on IPS Pathfinder, but other than that, only other thing is quality of life editing on the Tsar.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Fuel tank re-fills etc, but nothing you couldn't do outside of .bp editing.
The Tsar docks are edited into the fairings of the IPS, otherwise you'd be correct. And I haven't actually used fuel editing on anything other than that initial proof of concept because I don't have the "necessary infrastructure" in-game.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Sometimes I use bp editing to make things look cooler, but all my primary vessels and missions are unedited, or just minimally edited.

T

The Dark in the Light

Sometimes I use bp editing to make things look cooler, but all my primary vessels and missions are unedited, or just minimally edited.
Pretty much all (99.9%) of my ships are unedited. I have yet to use bp editing for making stuff look cooler.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I've a work in progress that TtTOtW is helping me with which is a new ET for my Excaliber shuttle. It's bigger and more powerful than my old one and the only editing is overlapped tanks to get the fuel I need inside a single buildscreen height and stretched engines so I don't need to use 8 titans arranged in an unrealistic configuration. It'll work the same without blueprint editing, it just looks better this way.

Aside from that, I've not even touched a blueprint for any craft I've ever built.

T

TtTOtW

I only .bp edit heavily for 1:1 scale replicas, and that is only for mechanisms and the shaping of it, not performance. To date I have only heavily .bp edited one other craft, Aurora, and that's after 2 years of no heavy editing. The other times I use .bp editing is when I am able to do it without (such as the SCS cargo cover which I demonstrated without editing and various people replicated to test it), but it is extremely tedious and time consuming to do so repeatedly.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Almost all of my .bp edited Merlins aren't made so in a way that increases their performance unfairly. Only now am I considering doing some performance upgrade due to the delay of sfs 1.5. Even then I'm not breaking the game ya I can make a new engine by putting 2 together but I still have to consider fuel consumption which is way higher. So the only thing that's unfair is more thrust in a smaller area. Even then I still have to make the rocket bigger to have more fuel.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Not through qks editing, that's actually a planet editing trick. It does require some bp editing in order to keep your ships in the same place though. Blazer is the one to talk to about this, not me as much.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Yes, I made a working spawn on Titan for the Lieutenant a while ago, and Zeeray asked for one to the Moon, but my SE superiors told me I couldn't do that one.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I can help you, yes. I'm in the middle of exams right now though. I can start working with you in two weeks.