Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No, it's not a faction. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

The idea behind this sprang from a comment to about getting someone else to assemble something for you, and isn't to join in on Faction politics, but more of a cross-party service.
The idea being that it's a more 'formal' version of what I've been doing the past few months anyway for members on the quiet.

Think of me as a contractor. I even have the beard to scratch whilst deep in thought.

So, what can I do for you?

Well, within limits, whatever you need. Suggest something and I'll see what I can do.
  • Design Optimisation
    • increasing lift capacity, Dv, build modularity
  • Launchpad assembly
    • Legal and zer0-g, both pre-launch and re-usable
  • Payload delivery
    • Anything from 20 to 2,000t (Hush Danny, your time will come) using base game or expansion, rockets or shuttles, anywhere in system.
  • Object Recovery
    • If you want it back, but can't.
Also, random things like satellite constellations etc

Then gimme a shout. I love a challenge.

Now, certain caveats to this.
  1. Rule One. Don't take the piss. I WILL ignore any and all 'pLz BuiLD mE IsS' etc requests.
  2. At least have tried it yourself. I've no problem with helping if you're stuck and it can't be done with the resources you have. We've all been there. I will ask what you've tried as well and will more often than not try to improve/help your work than outright do it for you.
  3. Don't worry about the secrecy of your project. If you don't want your new superweaponspacestationrocketlauncherdeathstar to be open source but need a bit of advice with it, then PM me and we'll talk offline. I've been exposed to the best (and worst) designs in SFS the past month already and you won't find your mixtape on my album or spread your work around behind your back.
  4. This isn't to show off or subvert/supplant the newly established USFS. There are better at certain things out there (Space Stig, The Mad Scientist) and if your idea is beyond my expertise then I'll suggest someone that can.
What do you need then?
  • An idea. What is your intent.
  • Your solution. How you intended on doing it, but it didn't work or you can't achieve it.
  • What you'd like me to do

(If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it to Discussions)

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
No, it's not a faction. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

The idea behind this sprang from a comment to about getting someone else to assemble something for you, and isn't to join in on Faction politics, but more of a cross-party service.
The idea being that it's a more 'formal' version of what I've been doing the past few months anyway for members on the quiet.

Think of me as a contractor. I even have the beard to scratch whilst deep in thought.

So, what can I do for you?

Well, within limits, whatever you need. Suggest something and I'll see what I can do.
  • Design Optimisation
    • increasing lift capacity, Dv, build modularity
  • Launchpad assembly
    • Legal and zer0-g, both pre-launch and re-usable
  • Payload delivery
    • Anything from 20 to 2,000t (Hush Danny, your time will come) using base game or expansion, rockets or shuttles, anywhere in system.
  • Object Recovery
    • If you want it back, but can't.
Also, random things like satellite constellations etc

Then gimme a shout. I love a challenge.

Now, certain caveats to this.
  1. Rule One. Don't take the piss. I WILL ignore any and all 'pLz BuiLD mE IsS' etc requests.
  2. At least have tried it yourself. I've no problem with helping if you're stuck and it can't be done with the resources you have. We've all been there. I will ask what you've tried as well and will more often than not try to improve/help your work than outright do it for you.
  3. Don't worry about the secrecy of your project. If you don't want your new superweaponspacestationrocketlauncherdeathstar to be open source but need a bit of advice with it, then PM me and we'll talk offline. I've been exposed to the best (and worst) designs in SFS the past month already and you won't find your mixtape on my album or spread your work around behind your back.
  4. This isn't to show off or subvert/supplant the newly established USFS. There are better at certain things out there (Space Stig, The Mad Scientist) and if your idea is beyond my expertise then I'll suggest someone that can.
What do you need then?
  • An idea. What is your intent.
  • Your solution. How you intended on doing it, but it didn't work or you can't achieve it.
  • What you'd like me to do

(If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it to Discussions)
This makes more sense finally you have cleared up your role in all this

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This makes more sense finally you have cleared up your role in all this
As a self inflicted injury, yep haha.

Like I've always said, the factions aren't my thing but i'll help anyone out if I can.

Also, your project should be almost done. I've had to re-launch it a few times because docking port deciding that they didn't want to dock. Fuck small ports.

Anyway, if the new attachment points work, then we're in business and I think you'll like it.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
As a self inflicted injury, yep haha.

Like I've always said, the factions aren't my thing but i'll help anyone out if I can.

Also, your project should be almost done. I've had to re-launch it a few times because docking port deciding that they didn't want to dock. Fuck small ports.

Anyway, if the new attachment points work, then we're in business and I think you'll like it.
I know the can be not very nice especially when there is a glitch which doesnt allow you to place one port next to another

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I know the can be not very nice especially when there is a glitch which doesnt allow you to place one port next to another
Ah the placing isn't the problem. It's when you're in orbit trying to attach sections and it just goes no.

I swear I almost de-orbited the entire lot (again) out of spite and rage.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Ah the placing isn't the problem. It's when you're in orbit trying to attach sections and it just goes no.

I swear I almost de-orbited the entire lot (again) out of spite and rage.
Ya i try to build mine on the ground then send it up with boosters i can seperate from the structure.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I hate zero-g testing at ground level. And when you see what i've done, you'll understand why

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I hate zero-g testing at ground level. And when you see what i've done, you'll understand why
Not zero g testing but final assembly. I have a process. Design said weapon or ship. Build it. Test it to make sure it works. Then split it apart to more managable peices for orbital assembly. Then assemble it on the ground with grabity to test the fitting. Then launch all the pieces and assemble in orbit. If the weapon or ship is light enough i just add boosters on the ground to the ship.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, here's the problem I've been having rn: I've been looking for/trying to make a 90° reusable rotation joint which can be attached on both sides.

I've had no luck with my testing, and Danny hasn't had much luck either.

Several of my current designs would be simplified a lot with this, and I've been hoping to get this for the two ships I'm currently working on as well...

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Alright, here's the problem I've been having rn: I've been looking for/trying to make a 90° reusable rotation joint which can be attached on both sides.

I've had no luck with my testing, and Danny hasn't had much luck either.

Several of my current designs would be simplified a lot with this, and I've been hoping to get this for the two ships I'm currently working on as well...
Oh shit. Sorry I've completely forgotten about that.
The problem is it's easy to make a 90* rotation joint. But as you need it super compact to fit snugly on the end of your rocket

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
90° reusable rotation joint
Re-usable, and i'm assuming lock-able at each side of the 90 degrees?

The problem is it's easy to make a 90* rotation joint. But as you need it super compact to fit snugly on the end of your rocket
Yeah, I'm surprised you gave up on that on. More likely he forgot in favour of YET ANOTHER SET OF LANDING LEGS.

You know how many sets you entered into that design competition?!

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Re-usable, and i'm assuming lock-able at each side of the 90 degrees?

Yeah, I'm surprised you gave up on that on. More likely he forgot in favour of YET ANOTHER SET OF LANDING LEGS.

You know how many sets you entered into that design competition?!
I think 8.
Lol I had a good one going when I left off, the only problem was it was a 1/8 block to the right to connect

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think 8.
Lol I had a good one going when I left off, the only problem was it was a 1/8 block to the right to connect
I counted 11. The Technica Sub-Assembly is basically the Danny Batten show. With some buildings tacked in somewhere.

I think the phrase used in the chat was 'ffs Danny' Or words to that effect.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
I counted 11. The Technica Sub-Assembly is basically the Danny Batten show. With some buildings tacked in somewhere.

I think the phrase used in the chat was 'ffs Danny' Or words to that effect.
Hehehe....
I'm just annoyed I didn't finish my TWG crafts in time for the end

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, the problem is keeping it from clipping in 0g, and getting it to lock is the thing I've been getting problems with...

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Well, the problem is keeping it from clipping in 0g, and getting it to lock is the thing I've been getting problems with...
Yes yes. It's janky, but I'll get back to looking. It'll be in the background though as you know I have a couple large projects on the way

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes yes. It's janky, but I'll get back to looking. It'll be in the background though as you know I have a couple large projects on the way
Yeah, and that's fine, beggars can't be choosers. I've been spending my time working on other parts of my biggest project rn. My other project is the Ion TD, which is basically just stuck without this joint.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Zeeray13

Right, I'm having a world of issues finishing the video for it, but the system finally works (fucking small docking ports).

Basically you've done the natural progression from loading individual rounds into a tube (like a shotgun) to stripper clips (like a Garand).
I've designed it as a modular system so it can be launched flat packed and has a completely removable magazine section, so you can John Wick it away when it's empty and put a new ammunition box on without replacing the weapon

The perks of the way is the act of reloading takes seconds and since this isn't California, you can make the magazines as big as you like (just extend the magazine and holder upwards to fit more ammunition in).

I've not changed how the rounds are brought down using that probe/rcs thing. Personally I'd have added a fuel tank to it and attached the rounds together into a belt so they're easier to push down, but the weapon operation is down to you. I've just made it easier to lift into orbit and re-load.

Also included in the blueprints are launch vehicles that will get the components into LEO for assembly.

This is the base unit, containing (from left to right), the right side of the weapon with magazine attachment point, left side of the barrel and the base of the weapon itself.

It has downward pointing docking points because I attached mine to a 270t 'recoil buffer' brought up by Excaliber mission (which also brought up an assembly drone as well) so it was less likely to de-orbit itself if it was heavy as fuck when you initiate the titans.
You'll also notice it's essentially 3 stages as well. The idea being it gets up to an orbit, assembled and then can be pushed into a higher orbit ready for use.

Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-15-05.png

Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-15-11.png

And the magazine, double stack, with launch vehicle.

Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-15-29.png

Screenshot_2019-07-31-18-15-35.png

Once the magazine is in orbit, the 2 side are placed together with the structural parts innermost. It then slots onto the magazine attachment point on the assembled base unit.

The complete system on the launch pad. And yes, I did launch the lot simultaneously. It looked cool as fuck, but very laggy

Screenshot_2019-07-15-23-42-57.png

Here is where the video of launch, orbit and assembly would have gone...

Anyway. Operation, in pictures.

So, old magazine empty, fresh one good to go

Screenshot_2019-07-31-14-10-10.png

Old magazine removed.

Screenshot_2019-07-31-14-10-28.png

John Wick magazine discard...

Screenshot_2019-07-31-14-12-50.png

Fresh magazine re-inserted

Screenshot_2019-07-31-14-13-24.png

Ready to fire.

Screenshot_2019-07-31-14-13-45.png

Shown on top of Excaliber with the recoil buffer and the spare booster for pushing the weapon to a higher orbit.

Attachments