Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Capable of getting to LEO, Moon and back to earth
Screenshot_2019-09-18-20-10-42.png

Etherian Space Program, I seen this elsewhere and can certainly help out with this one.

Screenshot_2019-09-19-12-26-30.png

This is based upon several assumptions, chief being an empty fairing at the top and usingna frontier for stage 2.

Easiest fix I can suggest is the powerpack. 25 thousand kN is a lot of thrust, you don't need 7 titans and 4 hawks. With a 656t launch mass, you can get away with 2 titans on the core and a hawk on each side as a booster.

That'll save you about 55t of dry mass as well, which will do wonders for your Dv score and probably even mean you can sack the boosters completely, saving you even more weight (200t)

T

TtTOtW

View attachment 27134

Etherian Space Program, I seen this elsewhere and can certainly help out with this one.

View attachment 27140

This is based upon several assumptions, chief being an empty fairing at the top and usingna frontier for stage 2.

Easiest fix I can suggest is the powerpack. 25 thousand kN is a lot of thrust, you don't need 7 titans and 4 hawks. With a 656t launch mass, you can get away with 2 titans on the core and a hawk on each side as a booster.

That'll save you about 55t of dry mass as well, which will do wonders for your Dv score and probably even mean you can sack the boosters completely, saving you even more weight (200t)
And once those boosters are off, turn the two big side tanks into boosters via side separators. Now that weight shed when empty will drastically improve ISP and Δv.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
And once those boosters are off, turn the two big side tanks into boosters via side separators. Now that weight shed when empty will drastically improve ISP and Δv.
Erm, not really. Because they're all titans, the ISP won't change. And the 3 large tanks have the exact same amount of fuel and consumption so they'll burn out at exactly the same time as well.

T

TtTOtW

Erm, not really. Because they're all titans, the ISP won't change. And the 3 large tanks have the exact same amount of fuel and consumption so they'll burn out at exactly the same time as well.
But once the changes you suggested are made, it will further improve matters.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Tsar Rocket models are yours?
Oh, I've been summoned.
What, these little things?
View attachment 27201
View attachment 27202
Nah, i was using a modified Fireball for a while but those beasts are the Lt.s babies.

I say you're gonna need to start lifting that much weight because for the size of ship you're trying to build it'll mean less trips to orbit and make the design / installation process easier

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Wow! How many tons is this thing capable to lift on orbit?
The Rocket itself doesn't actually get to orbit most of the time, but with the right planning it can launch about 1200 tons. I usually use 1500 tons as the metric though, 300 tons of fuel are spent by the second stage though to orbit the payload.