Turbofan engines concept art (More will come!)

Here is the first concept art of a Turbofan engine.
Engine designation: CFM International CFM56
Class: Medium
Size: 9x22
Thrust: 82-150 kN
Mass: 2.3 tons
Fuel consumption: 14 g/kN/s

Images below:
(Topmost image) CFM56 Engine normal
CFM56 Engine Reverse Thrust mode

(Bottom most image) CFM56 Engine compared to a command pod

SFS CFM International CFM56 GTE.png
SFS CFM INSTALLED.png

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Here is the first concept art of a Turbofan engine.
Engine designation: CFM International CFM56
Class: Medium
Size: 9x22
Thrust: 82-150 kN
Mass: 2.3 tons
Fuel consumption: 14 g/kN/s

Images below:
(Topmost image) CFM56 Engine normal
CFM56 Engine Reverse Thrust mode

(Bottom most image) CFM56 Engine compared to a command pod
View attachment 3957 View attachment 3958
Am i correct in saying that it would be used if Stef was to add aeroplane parts?

Am i correct in saying that it would be used if Stef was to add aeroplane parts?
These are real engines, stef will probably add parody versions of these engines rather than these from what I can tell. Assuming that he wants to add plane parts, I'm also not sure how planes will be built and work in a 2D environment though.

E

Earlmilly1

Awesome concept, but I think it is a bit too big, and mr. stef boi would need to add in new fuel, tail, flaps, wing, retractable gear, etc.
But i would seriously love to see it get added in.

Awesome concept, but I think it is a bit too big, and mr. stef boi would need to add in new fuel, tail, flaps, wing, retractable gear, etc.
That is why KSP has special airplane hangar building areas that are dedicated to compensate for gas turbine engines' massive sizes.

I take it that you are not familiar with gas turbine engines.

Gas turbine engines are massive, especially turbofan engines. The reason for this is to house the large compressor section to compress the incoming air to boost the oxygen concentration to aid better combustion, rocket engines don't need this as they already have their own oxidizer, which makes them smaller and simpler while producing very large quantities of thrust, the major advantage in GTEs' over REs' is that they are far more efficient.

P

PhantomGamingYT

Yup, I really want that engine, I always struggle while building a Passenger jet.

Here is the second concept art of a Turbofan engine.
Engine designation: GE90
Class: Large
Size: 12x32
Thrust: 520 kN
Mass: 8.7 tons
Fuel consumption: 49 g/kN/s

Images below:
(Topmost image) GE90 Engine normal
GE90 Engine Reverse Thrust mode

(Bottom most image) GE90 Engine compared to a command pod
SFS GE90.png
SFS GE90 ASSEM.png

B

BuzzLightyear

I am adding according to popularity, not it's dated-ness. Those dated engines are still being improved and used today, so it's capability can still rival new engines.
I'm totally on board with the concept, just wondering about the application. The only airplane I knew of still using those old JT8s was the MD80 series. Most of them are MD90s now, with the V2500 HB turbofan. Way quieter, but larger. My point was more toward relevance and currency, nothing else sir. Looks pretty cool, BTW. That would be pretty handy to have.