Turbofan engines concept art (More will come!)

I'm totally on board with the concept, just wondering about the application. The only airplane I knew of still using those old JT8s was the MD80 series. Most of them are MD90s now, with the V2500 HB turbofan. Way quieter, but larger. My point was more toward relevance and currency, nothing else sir. Looks pretty cool, BTW. That would be pretty handy to have.
JT8 is still used in some 737's, MD-80s are mostly used for domestic and taxi services now. The reason it is not obsolete is because it's design makes it capable of supersonic flight, making it useful for aircrafts that need to fly above Mach 2, probably military or research. The V2500 HB is not, but it is more economical and can produce more max thrust on take-off , so I guess it's replacement makes sense.

E

Earlmilly1

Friend sitting in engine: lol flying an airplane is easy just put on autopilot lmao
me in cockpit: main engine 1 on, full thrust

E

Earlmilly1

you kill a friend in an engine cuz they say flying is easy use autopilot, then blame their death on A/P

Friend sitting in engine: lol flying an airplane is easy just put on autopilot lmao
me in cockpit: main engine 1 on, full thrust
First of all, immediately running an aircraft engine to 100% thrust will require the engine to run at idling speed of around 35%, and that alone will be more than enough to suck a person in, and your "friend" will be turned into mince meat before he can even utter "lol".

By pipers, I also include the use of turboprop or propeller-piston engines, the Mriya uses turbofan engines. You speak like I don't know about the An-225, funny, when that plane is one of the greatest marvel of aircraft engineering where every living engineer won't shut up about. Next time, try picking a more obscure aircraft.

E

Earlmilly1

Nono it was a joke cuz You said any high wing plane is a piper and an an225 is like the opposite...