Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I wonder if there is a limit or a cool down period for this ability. We give it a week or so, cast it again, see if he reappears and if it happens so much for so long, that he stops coming and misses an actual update.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I wonder if there is a limit or a cool down period for this ability. We give it a week or so, cast it again, see if he reappears and if it happens so much for so long, that he stops coming and misses an actual update.
A week is probably sufficient. Maybe two just for good measure.

Edit: and just like that, as soon as he arrived, he is now gone again.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
A week is probably sufficient. Maybe two just for good measure.
Aye, my thoughts as well. Either one is a winning scenario, he falls for it week in, week out, or stops checking who is crying wolf and misses something important.

Edit: and just like that, as soon as he arrived, he is now gone again.
He's been doing that for an easy 2 years now. If you roll through his comment history, Its all update peeks, complaints about when the update should be, his opinion on what the update should contain. Even got into a bit of a set-to with me an Altair about fucking phase angles complaining that the delta velocity map wasn't up to his standards.
He's never actually posted any...stuff...here, like designs, missions etc, and disappeared completely for maybe 3 months after 1.5 dropped. It's always been "check for updates, sign back out".

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
If you roll through his comment history, Its all update peeks, complaints about when the update should be, his opinion on what the update should contain.
Yeah, I noticed that a bit earlier as well. Honestly he’s probably not even the only one who just pops in whenever there is an alert. I’m sure there are more, including guests who don’t even have accounts (though they aren’t able to set alerts up). I know I was like this for pretty much an entire year before actually creating an account, just silently watching everything from afar.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, I noticed that a bit earlier as well. Honestly he’s probably not even the only one who just pops in whenever there is an alert. I’m sure there are more, including guests who don’t even have accounts (though they aren’t able to set alerts up). I know I was like this for pretty much an entire year before actually creating an account, just silently watching everything from afar.
Oh yeah. I was a guest for around...6 months, at least, before I set my account up. Mostly because I was 'abroad' at the time and couldn't create or visit anything tied to me digitally. And there'll be many more than him as well. Lots of guests will appear wondering what the hell is going on

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Oh yeah. I was a guest for around...6 months, at least, before I set my account up. Mostly because I was 'abroad' at the time and couldn't create or visit anything tied to me digitally. And there'll be many more than him as well. Lots of guests will appear wondering what the hell is going on
Yep, the only reason I joined in the first place was just to ask a question about an issue I was having. There was no incentive to join otherwise. Well, two years later and I’m still hanging around. Definitely wouldn’t have expected it while I signed up.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yep, the only reason I joined in the first place was just to ask a question about an issue I was having
Specific impulse. I joined to ask Altair about how multi-engine specific impulse works. All in service of my spreadsheet so I could eventually get Komodo off the ground.

And like you, I'm rarely here for SFS these days. I just like (most) of the people that frequent here.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
And like you, I'm rarely here for SFS these days. I just like (most) of the people that frequent here.
I still enjoy SFS, though I agree that this forum is less of a Spaceflight Simulator forum, and more of a everything forum. Definitely not quite the same as when I joined.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
though I agree that this forum is less of a Spaceflight Simulator forum, and more of a everything forum. Definitely not quite the same as when I joined.
True. And most of the most veteran members are here more because of the community than because of the game itself.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, think that is a product of the times. Once you get to know people better, conversation swerves into different places. Some quite relevant and interesting, others...not so much.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yeah, think that is a product of the times. Once you get to know people better, conversation swerves into different places. Some quite relevant and interesting, others...not so much.
For sure, for sure. Everyone practically knows everyone else around here.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
And you are going to get bored with the game at some point. That is something that is going to happen no matter how much you force yourself to keep playing.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
For sure, for sure. Everyone practically knows everyone else around here.
Yeah absolutely. Especially their internet personalities and stuff. I speak to some 'off forum', and know them as people

And you are going to get bored with the game at some point. That is something that is going to happen no matter how much you force yourself to keep playing.
Oh yes. I think we all hit that point at sometime.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh, so it's here that the conspiracy started! Brilliant really!

I'll ask rayman to stop posting in Update Peeks 2 to let run the cooldown timer. :p

I'd have loved to see Ukrooter magically appear, I guess I'll have to wait for next week...

On my side I remember I just joined to make a few suggestions 3 years ago. None of them were took into account but still I stayed... And now I'm the Head moderator, I would never have believed it 3 years ago o_O

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh, so it's here that the conspiracy started! Brilliant really!

I'll ask rayman to stop posting in Update Peeks 2 to let run the cooldown timer
Welcome to the Rebellion...

I'd have loved to see Ukrooter magically appear, I guess I'll have to wait for next week...
Have to have it like a Candyman or Beetleguise scenario.

On my side I remember I just joined to make a few suggestions 3 years ago
I remember the post. Yeah, I think nothing of it got implemented. And look where you got to since, head mod, Space Stig and a few other jobs as well

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I remember the post. Yeah, I think nothing of it got implemented. And look where you got to since, head mod, Space Stig and a few other jobs as well
Actually, ONE thing has been implemented (I think). From my 5 suggestion, one was about the docking ports that sticked back together very soon after undocking. So if you had 2 parts docked together with 2 or 3 docking ports pairs it was practically impossible to separate them (by the time you tapped the third docking port, the first pair had already sticked again). Everybody forgot, but once upon a time we had that issue.

But I didn't expect I would make tutorials about navigation or a delta-V map. (and solved some problems for Stef)
I'm also glad to know that you joined because you had a specific question for me!

Oh, I was thinking, do you have a magic trick to summon the original rayman? I would really like to see his reaction when he noticed all the fun we make of him. :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Actually, ONE thing has been implemented (I think). From my 5 suggestion, one was about the docking ports that sticked back together very soon after undocking. So if you had 2 parts docked together with 2 or 3 docking ports pairs it was practically impossible to separate them (by the time you tapped the third docking port, the first pair had already sticked again). Everybody forgot, but once upon a time we had that issue.
Yeah, I remember that one. It used to be an utter bastard (more so than it is now).

But I didn't expect I would make tutorials about navigation or a delta-V map. (and solved some problems for Stef)
Lets be fair though, you are one of the few SFS'ers with actual credentials. The rest of us are just amateurs making noises.

I'm also glad to know that you joined because you had a specific question for me!
True story. First 2 things I did was DM you about ISP calculations. The second was message TT asking how you upload a excel spreadsheet based upon the answers I got from you...

Oh, I was thinking, do you have a magic trick to summon the original rayman? I would really like to see his reaction when he noticed all the fun we make of him
That incantation would require some real voodoo magic man. It'd be dangerous as that amount of power would need a lot of Cof-Tea and the Nightmare Legman might notice it from wherever in the universe he might be and come looking again.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Lets be fair though, you are one of the few SFS'ers with actual credentials. The rest of us are just amateurs making noises.
You largely count from the talented players too. My only regret is that once we've done everything in the game it's not as funny as it used to be. I must say that after the single launch Grand Tour and the Jovian Gateway I've been quite bored at some point cause I felt like I could not do much more than that.

I'll have to think about a more challenging planet pack if I want a new challenge... :rolleyes:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
My only regret is that once we've done everything in the game it's not as funny as it used to be
Yeah. That's the reason why I've gone so outrageous recently with my offerings. It needs to be just to have any hope of being challenging these days.
That's the paradox with this game, by the time you get good enough to do anything, you've already done everything.

I'll have to think about a more challenging planet pack if I want a new challenge...
I dunno man, your offering in progress is pretty damn hot. Hell, it even got Cosmo excited. I'd use the shit out of it if I was into 1.5.

T

Test User

Bruh altair as a mod, can’t you turn on emails notifications on the real rayman? To bring him back to the Forum?

Bruh...

That’d Be funny.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yeah. That's the reason why I've gone so outrageous recently with my offerings. It needs to be just to have any hope of being challenging these days.
That's the paradox with this game, by the time you get good enough to do anything, you've already done everything.

I dunno man, your offering in progress is pretty damn hot. Hell, it even got Cosmo excited. I'd use the shit out of it if I was into 1.5.
Yes, I have to finish that. But managing that piggy face also consumes my time :p

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I hate to change the mood up, but here is number two for today. Like I said, these things are getting way more common again. It also looks like the subreddit is learning the proper way to answer these posts as well...
335CADB7-ED16-42E6-A343-643EC359D4AA.jpeg