What if time paradoxes are not possible?

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My theory is based strongly on string theory because there are 10^500 possible configurations of vibration of a string so this is The number of The universes and when we go back on time we just go to another Universe that is similar to ours but slightly different for example Pluto doesnt exist (sorry). And The universes are dying and borning over and over again to make place for another universes so when we kill our grandpa when he was young we don't just dissapear because that didnt happen in our universe. So that's my theory od universes :]

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Why 10^500 universes? Why not 10^501 or maybe 42?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
OK But even if theres only 42 universes theres also bigger structures like:Megaverse - consists od 42 universes and so on
You seem pretty confident.
To the best of my knowledge, at this point some scientists have an idea that multiple universes exist. But they aren't close to having solid theories about this like with black holes and stuff, are they?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You seem pretty confident.
To the best of my knowledge, at this point some scientists have an idea that multiple universes exist. But they aren't close to having solid theories about this like with black holes and stuff, are they?
Well that's just my silly theory and i can't obviusly prove it :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
In all seriousness, I remember watching Brian Cox talking about this. And the biggest 'proof' of multiple universes is the lack of evidence that this is the only universe and that if a universe is infinite with infinite possibilities then there is a chance (however incredibly small) that there is not only multiple exact copies of Earth, there are multiple universes and some of them may be run by hyper-intelligent mice looking for a game show angle to pitch.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Well that's just my silly theory and i can't obviusly prove it :)
Ok, mixed signals here...
In science, stuff goes like this: You get an idea. You make a hypothesis to test the idea. When you have enough data, you make a theory. Theory is like law, it tends to be the final stage of the process. See: Newtons law of gravity, Einstein's theory of relativity, etc. For all their efforts, scientists have been unable to disprove Einstein. That's why he's solid.

Right now, you are at the idea stage, and we are wondering how solid the base of your idea is. That's how the scientific method works. :)

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Screenshot_20200714-144201.png

T i m e p a r a d o x

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
In all seriousness, I remember watching Brian Cox talking about this. And the biggest 'proof' of multiple universes is the lack of evidence that this is the only universe and that if a universe is infinite with infinite possibilities then there is a chance (however incredibly small) that there is not only multiple exact copies of Earth, there are multiple universes and some of them may be run by hyper-intelligent mice looking for a game show angle to pitch.
So, we don't have evidence that this is the only universe.
We don't have evidence either that this is one of many multiple universes.
Science is fun. :)

T

TtTOtW

I for one believe that there's at least one single living creature that would perceive our entire universe as a crumb, and thus consume it with ease. And I'm not even joking this time.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah world is messed up :]

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
In science, stuff goes like this: You get an idea. You make a hypothesis to test the idea. When you have enough data, you make a theory. Theory is like law, it tends to be the final stage of the process. See: Newtons law of gravity, Einstein's theory of relativity, etc. For all their efforts, scientists have been unable to disprove Einstein. That's why he's solid.
A slight alteration there. The entire point of a theory is that it is still theoretical. You can't prove Einstein is correct, it's just no one has managed to prove everything he has said is wrong. There are small bits of General and Special relativity that have been moved slightly toward newer ideas.

T i m e p a r a d o x
I was looking for a screen shot of the Colonel going 'Snake, you've just created a time paradox!

I for one believe that there's at least one single living creature that would perceive our entire universe as a crumb, and thus consume it with ease. And I'm not even joking this time.
Legman confirmed.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
A slight alteration there. The entire point of a theory is that it is still theoretical. You can't prove Einstein is correct, it's just no one has managed to prove everything he has said is wrong. There are small bits of General and Special relativity that have been moved slightly toward newer ideas.
True. Science has no "yup, confirmed, lets go home" stage and for good reason.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Another topic: What we would launch on top of Sea Dragon if it was built?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Maybe Galacticship

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Because that profile pic is more terrifying than Gulag XD
Yeah kinda... This Emoji is going to haunt you at night so better call exorcist now