What should i improve BEFORE another Mars mission?

What should i improve

• Building

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Recover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Building. Always building. If you have to ask, then the answer is building.

I don't get the obsession with recovery dude (well, I do). Get good at building first, recovering your rockets should be a distant second.

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
Building. Always building. If you have to ask, then the answer is building.

I don't get the obsession with recovery dude (well, I do). Get good at building first, recovering your rockets should be a distant second.
Recoverys for example when i will do base on Mars and will use only one rocket so i Can send it to station and than back

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, I know what you want to do. I'm saying you need to get better at building first. Do you have ground equipment capable of moving and resetting landed boosters?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Then how are you intending on using only one rocket, if you have no method of re-fuelling it and placing a new payload on top...?

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
Then how are you intending on using only one rocket, if you have no method of re-fuelling it and placing a new payload on top...?
I already said it like a milion times that im just practising it when i get the base done on Mars i will do it there because i will send more rocket from Mars to other planets (without expansion) and will buy the expansion and will send than on planets like Jupiter and more...?

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Heya ofc building la

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I already said it like a milion times that im just practising it when i get the base done on Mars i will do it there because i will send more rocket from Mars to other planets (without expansion) and will buy the expansion and will send than on planets like Jupiter and more...?
Why do you need to practice now instead of later? Sounds like trying to become really good at landing is slowing down your SFS career.

The alternative is getting better at building and make big rockets and cool stations.:)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Right, I'm gonna repeat myself for the children that REEEE before they think.

1. I don't know about a million times. You have less than 100 messages.
2. I know what you want to do. I'm trying to work out how you are going to do it. It doesn't matter if you intend on doing it on Mars, the Moon or your back garden, your problem is still the same. You don't have an method of re-using your recovered rockets. Until that changes, there is no point recovering them.

Listen, i know you have a spaceX fanboy in there and thus you have to do everything how SpaceX is doing things (hence the Mars destination, the double landing attempts, the Starshit and falcon type rockets). But before Elon tried landing boosters, he had the infrastructure in place to service returned boosters. People tend to forget this.

You may not like what I have to say, because it's not the answer you wanted. You want people to say 'keep practicing your landings'. Unfortunately you asked my opinion, and my opinion is you need to get good at building. Much better at it. And then get even better. Once you're pretty good, you won't need to ask us what you need to improve on, cos you'll know and you'll be able to create solutions to your own questions.
When that day comes, then try landing all the boosters you want, because you'll be able to do something with them once they're on the ground.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That and he made a post where he wondered if anyone else had accidentally called it Starshit rather than Starship...
I'm pretty sure there is some bois done that thing too :p :p

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
Why do you need to practice now instead of later? Sounds like trying to become really good at landing is slowing down your SFS career.

The alternative is getting better at building and make big rockets and cool stations.:)
I Can be "prepared" for it forward so it will be easier for me

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I Can be "prepared" for it forward so it will be easier for me
You will learn how to land faster if you get better at building and "practice" making big rockets and cool space stations.

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
I feel like you have list in your own sentences.
You said that i was wondering if someone have "starsh!t" in their quicksaves, but i wasnt wondering about it if someone have starsh!t in their quicksaves. I just did profile post about it. And by that profile post i meant that my autocorrect is placing random words in there..
I dont want to be rude or something but yall know that i Can do whatever in my World in that game. And Also how to the ever living Falcon would you move something big as idk what when i dont have that docking thing and one little moving thing wouldnt Even move it by a milimeter.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I feel like you have list in your own sentences.
You said that i was wondering if someone have "starsh!t" in their quicksaves, but i wasnt wondering about it if someone have starsh!t in their quicksaves. I just did profile post about it. And by that profile post i meant that my autocorrect is placing random words in there..
Yes. But if you read what I am actually saying to Mars, he thinks I'm calling starship Starshit. The reason I worded it as so is because you did. Not because I think Starship is particularly shit.

I dont want to be rude or something but yall know that i Can do whatever in my World in that game.
Which is fine, because you can.
However.
You asked our opinion, remember?
but want to improve something before it. What should it be?
So I'm not being rude or anything. You asked the group for its opinion. And my opinion is you are not able to complete your objectives with the level of building ability you have regardless of how good you get at landing boosters.
And Also how to the ever living Falcon would you move something big as idk what when i dont have that docking thing and one little moving thing wouldnt Even move it by a milimeter.
Because you're gonna need to solve this problem before you can even think about recycling rockets anywhere.

Hell, that's not even my opinion. That's just a cold objective fact, so you can hate it all you want but it won't change anything.

Infact, since we're still in the thread where you're asking for things you need to improve on, judging by this:
Im actually working on one station and i Can say that its hecca hard to Dock. (At least for me)
I'd suggest pausing the booster landing altogether. Docking is far more important than being able to land boosters. Getting good and confident at encounters and docking is probably the single most important ability in the game to master. That's also not just my opinion, ask absolutely anyone here. If you can't dock then you're essentially constraining yourself to starlink missions until you can.
Hell, not even, because it's not like you can re-use the rockets afterwards.

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
Yes. But if you read what I am actually saying to Mars, he thinks I'm calling starship Starshit. The reason I worded it as so is because you did. Not because I think Starship is particularly shit.

Which is fine, because you can.
However.
You asked our opinion, remember?

So I'm not being rude or anything. You asked the group for its opinion. And my opinion is you are not able to complete your objectives with the level of building ability you have regardless of how good you get at landing boosters.

Because you're gonna need to solve this problem before you can even think about recycling rockets anywhere.

Hell, that's not even my opinion. That's just a cold objective fact, so you can hate it all you want but it won't change anything.

Infact, since we're still in the thread where you're asking for things you need to improve on, judging by this:

I'd suggest pausing the booster landing altogether. Docking is far more important than being able to land boosters. Getting good and confident at encounters and docking is probably the single most important ability in the game to master. That's also not just my opinion, ask absolutely anyone here. If you can't dock then you're essentially constraining yourself to starlink missions until you can.
Hell, not even, because it's not like you can re-use the rockets afterwards.
About docking:
I already did station on Moon, now i am working on one that in gonna be above Earth.
(On the photo is the one on Moon, its mostly on refueling)

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Please moderate your tone guys. Is the current discussion really worth an argument?