You better not shout, you better not cry, you better not pout, and I'm telling you why: Danny Batten is coming to town!

Happy I'm back?

• Total voters

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I feel like some people need to remember low effort content (posts or messages) are technically against the rules, or at least is something that is enforceable. Like I recognise the thrill of seeing that number go up on your profile, probably one of the more qualified to say that haha, however it is just annoying. [TEA]

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I feel like some people need to remember low effort content (posts or messages) are technically against the rules, or at least is something that is enforceable. Like I recognise the thrill of seeing that number go up on your profile, probably one of the more qualified to say that haha, however it is just annoying. [TEA]
He's right

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Our current shitposters / low effort posters haven't been going unpunished recently

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Our current shitposters / low effort posters haven't been going unpunished recently
They may fall in line soon but I don't have much hope with the way they are

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
I feel when i was a Mod (a long time ago now haha), we were a lot more vigilant on Stat seekers and shitposters. However with the limited amount that I know from the period of time when i wasn't here was it got too strict and had a minor meltdown. Seems from there, a big decrease in enforcement has happened

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I feel when i was a Mod (a long time ago now haha), we were a lot more vigilant on Stat seekers and shitposters. However with the limited amount that I know from the period of time when i wasn't here was it got too strict and had a minor meltdown. Seems from there, a big decrease in enforcement has happened
I remember that time too, but things have changed since then: before you had custom titles based on the number of posts, you had an "Active" and an "Expert" badge based on several conditions, of which the most limiting one was the number of posts. I remember somebody that spammed until he got his "Active" badge, then we never saw him again. Several times the reaction was to raise the number of messages needed to get those badges, but that would just make them post even more.

With the new rank system and the likes that have been removed it makes stat hunting far less relevant. No matter how much one posts, he won't get any award for it.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
I remember that time too, but things have changed since then: before you had custom titles based on the number of posts, you had an "Active" and an "Expert" badge based on several conditions, of which the most limiting one was the number of posts. I remember somebody that spammed until he got his "Active" badge, then we never saw him again. Several times the reaction was to raise the number of messages needed to get those badges, but that would just make them post even more.

With the new rank system and the likes that have been removed it makes stat hunting far less relevant. No matter how much one posts, he won't get any award for it.
Makes sense, i do have to say, having a brief overview on all the new ranks, it looks amazing! After I become versed in the nitty gritty of SFS again, i cant wait to sink my teeth in to those challenges

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Makes sense, i do have to say, having a brief overview on all the new ranks, it looks amazing! After I become versed in the nitty gritty of SFS again, i cant wait to sink my teeth in to those challenges
talking of which, even though for the life of me I cant remember the lovely DV calculation, thought I would try out that 700t to LEO thingamabob Screenshot_20221221_200711.png Screenshot_20221221_200720.png
Ive read all the challenge posts so i know i need to go through all the other challenges and ranks.
But I found this to be a good refresher, and also teacher of the new mechanics.