Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It's the suppressor (silencer is the wrong word. You can't silence a gunshot, just suppress it to less than loud as fuck levels) for this
Forgot the term on it ehhh...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
suppresor is can eliminate muzzle flash but the silencer idk
A silencer is the same as a suppressor. It's just not the correct term, like calling a magazine a clip.

Suppressors do eliminate muzzle flash, but that isn't it's primary task. A flash eliminator will do that job just as well without the weight, ballistic and heating issues you get with suppressors.

When you pull the trigger on a firearm, the expansion of gases from the propellant push the bullet down and out of the barrel at usually supersonic speeds. This creates a loud bang as the gases and bullet exit the muzzle.
What a suppressor does is 2 fold.

1. It collects and slows the gases as it leaves the muzzle, forcing it to pass through 'baffles' and venting them at much lower speeds. Thus reduces report noise, flash and also smoke release and you get less 'kick up' on the ground and sand around you if you're firing prone, reducing the chances of your firing point being found. Because of this though, a suppressor heats up rapidly under repeated shots. I can't remember if it's 3 or 6 degrees C for every round that passes through it, but I've had a suppressor burn through my trouser leg during a transition after only firing a few rounds and you can burn a wooden table with one after a magazine or two.

2. It slows the bullet enormously. Part of the noise of gunfire is simply the bullet tearing through the air at 2-3 times the speed of sound (making that snap noise you hear as it passes overhead). Slowing the round down reduces the noise considerably, but has a detrimental effect on range and also because of how the suppressor changes how the barrel moves during firing, you need to re-zero your weapon after you fit a suppressor to it. If you're being fired upon and you can't hear that snap and which direction the round is coming from and going to, then it makes locating the shooter very, very difficult.