The Workshops

Btw, any tips on cutting smol and detailed shapes like M-LOK slots?
What's the material you're using? Usually I'll make sure the blade is as sharp as possible otherwise the cut edges will look "frayed" and messed up. For rounds or circles, I'm not sure, you could carefully prick a series of holes using a sewing needle, then popping them out.

It's best you experiment on a fodder workpiece before trying on the real one.

Update, I thought I'd hinge the top cover, so you can access the internals without having to remove the backplate. Should be able to make cleaning much easier.

1616855259490.png

I've implemented a little spring loaded detent on the backplate where you can depress to unlock the top cover.

1616855891229.png

I gave it basic iron sights.

1616855606885.png

Hey I was wondering, what types of 3D printers does your friend have? I hope he has a liquid resin printer because those types have the best surface finishes and are rumored to be the most accurate.

As of now, 3D printing any sort of firearm parts in my country is completely illegal, so I was thinking if I could get someone else (preferably in America) to do some "field testing" for me. That pistol I am working on? I kinda wanna know how the grip feels like, is it too short? too narrow? I can't tell just by looking at a drawing.

So you can make gun parts for personal use in USA?
for some places in the US, its completely legal, for the country I am in, its extremely illegal.

That's why I was seeking people in the US to print a prototype so I can study the ergonomics of the grip, although that printed part can't be used, because the original design material was cold rolled steel. It's purpose is to figure out the sizing.

I heard you can do some paperwork with the ATF to build your own gun parts
And perhaps make something like this
This guy's living the life I've always dreamed of, instead Im stuck here with CAD and the fucking law breathing down my neck. After this shitshow of a military conscription service, I'm getting my engineering degree and bugging the fuck out for good.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
This guy's living the life I've always dreamed of, instead Im stuck here with CAD and the fucking law breathing down my neck. After this shitshow of a military conscription service, I'm getting my engineering degree and bugging the fuck out for good.
To the land of Freedom, I guess :p
Is it just me or does this site feel very empty?
It used to be full of cool stuff, now it does feel like it's missing something

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Could the gas system of an AR-15 work in the vacuum of space? In this scene, the bolt is travelling much slower so I guess the gas was much weaker and can't push it back as easily like on Earth.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Does the gas come from the combustion of the powder in the bullet cartridge?