Titan III-C MOL

I've got a really great Skylab that I put together with the absolute best Saturn V for sfs made by Pointy. His blueprint even came in handy for making a really good Saturn Ib.
Hey speaking of Saturn V and Saturn 1-B, I've made some for one of my latest manned missions, I wanna hear your opinion on them, here's the link:

[IRIS Pack] Project Hermes: Manned Mercury Landing Mission Debrief

The planet pack I'm using for that mission is sort of a semi-real solar system, considerably more difficult than vanilla.

Here are the pictures of the Saturn Ib, Skylab, and the Titan IIIC MOL. As a special bonus, a Gemini capsule docked with the Agena target vehicle.

Attachments

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Here's the Titan IIIC MOL. These are still in version 1.51, I haven't chosen to update sfs currently.
It's okay, imma mess up with this. Thanks! :p :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Sure, letting others use and play with things is the whole reason for even taking the time to make things. That's something this forum often forgets, including the people in charge of it.
*citation required*

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Sure, letting others use and play with things is the whole reason for even taking the time to make things. That's something this forum often forgets, including the people in charge of it.
I mean, I take time to make things because it is fun. I haven’t ever even gave out a single blueprint either.

I mean, I take time to make things because it is fun. I haven’t ever even gave out a single blueprint either.
The thing that irritates me the most about anything in the category of social media regarding SFS, is when someone shows off their fancy thing they make and essentially rubs people's faces in the fact that they'll never get a chance to try out their creation.
People learn best from experience, and from the time I've played around on this forum, creativity becomes stifled. Someone uploads their thing others download, and potentially improve upon it. Unfortunately, instead of complimenting and giving credit for trying to do something creative, more often than not it's constant accusations of theft.
I don't spend as much time on here as I initially had, reading constant theft reports got really boring.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Theft reports wouldn't exist if people gave credit.:)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
reading constant theft reports got really boring.
Don't steal things, and then there'll be no theft reports

not it's constant accusations of theft.

Unfortunately, instead of complimenting and giving credit for trying to do something creative
Erm, creative endeavour is actually rather well received here. But more on that in a moment.

YouTube and reddit have numerous posts per day.
Considering the 'fan'base on reddit or youtube is probably 10x what it is here. And the ratio is even larger than that, the vast majority of 'members' that 'frequent' here come to either
A) look for blueprints
B) look for PC downloads
C) want to appeal a ban from elsewhere in the community
D) come and complain about the forum not allowing them to steal things.
so in realistic terms, there's only about 30-40 of us actually regularly posting here.
And quantity isn't quality. A dozen 'my new starship' posts a day isn't creative. A dozen falcon 9 re-creations isn't interesting. Entire subs whining for exploits (or the loss of) isn't interesting.

t's luck to see new interesting material and creativity every few weeks
Erm, not sure how you come to that conclusion. There have been updates on 5 different and completely bespoke expeditions posted on the forum today.

The London Project
Project Snowy Wind
My SFS progress
The Moon Base (Formerly known as Colonial Von Braun)
Stuff I’m Working On

And that's not including random video posts from not-regular members, challenge rank updates etc.

So again.

citation required

Last edited:

Erm, creative endeavour is actually rather well received here. But more on that in a moment.

Considering the 'fan'base on reddit or youtube is probably 10x what it is here. And the ratio is even larger than that, the vast majority of members that frequent here come to either
A) look for blueprints
B) look for PC downloads
C) want to appeal a ban from elsewhere in the community
D) come and complain about the forum not allowing them to steal things.
so in realistic terms, there's only about 30-40 of us actually regularly posting here.
And quantity isn't quality. A dozen 'my new starship' posts a day isn't creative. A dozen falcon 9 re-creations isn't interesting. Entire subs whining for exploits (or the loss of) isn't interesting.

Erm, not sure how you come to that conclusion. There have been updates on 5 different and completely bespoke expeditions posted on the forum today.

The London Project
Project Snowy Wind
My SFS progress
The Moon Base (Formerly known as Colonial Von Braun)
Stuff I’m Working On

And that's not including random video posts from not-regular members, challenge rank updates etc.

So again.

citation required
Guess I'm completely wrong about the absolute lack of amazing artwork here. Obviously I'm not seeing it.
I guess everything I said was absolutely wrong and has not even an ounce of evidence to back any of it up.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Guess I'm completely wrong about the absolute lack of amazing artwork here. Obviously I'm not seeing it.
I guess everything I said was absolutely wrong and has not even an ounce of evidence to back any of it up.
Have a look around. Plenty going on, and there hasn't been a theft report in weeks so you'll not need to worry about seeing them either.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Won't see any truly amazing material either, because people have been scared away.
The only people we scare are those that insist on using exploits, cheats or the like, or like stealing blueprints and claiming them for their own.

Aside from that, I could take a very quick look through the forums SFS section and find quite a lot of stuff that'd knock anything on reddit, discord and YouTube into a box and keep it there.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Guess I'm completely wrong about the absolute lack of amazing artwork here.
Yeah man, you are.
Won't see any truly amazing material either, because people have been scared away.
The only people that need to be scared is the people who try to steal other people’s effort, present them as their own and take credit for it, aka thieves.

Sorry, but this forum isn’t going to tolerate any form of thievery.

And The simplest solution, if you want to see good quality content is use the search bar. You’ll find that is pretty useful.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The thing that irritates me the most about anything in the category of social media regarding SFS, is when someone shows off their fancy thing they make and essentially rubs people's faces in the fact that they'll never get a chance to try out their creation.
People learn best from experience, and from the time I've played around on this forum, creativity becomes stifled. Someone uploads their thing others download, and potentially improve upon it. Unfortunately, instead of complimenting and giving credit for trying to do something creative, more often than not it's constant accusations of theft.
I don't spend as much time on here as I initially had, reading constant theft reports got really boring.
My humble opinion on this:
There's a part of truth in what you say, as our community tends to be very elitist, and some players could feel excluded because of this.

However, I think you darken the picture too much.

Firstly, people are generally ok to share their rockets, I don't remember about any member refusing to share a rocket and laughing at others. Except maybe one that has a launcher 3000 km high and that he still never showed despite the fact that so much people want to see it, but that's a different story :)

Regarding theft, sadly it happens. But we had to react at some points because people were really pissed when their work was reposted without credits. That's understandable, and what we do is precisely to protect those who bring creativity! Also, note that reposting a rocket is not forbidden. All we ask is that credit is given to the original builder. Additionally, a rocket is only called stolen if the poster claims it explicitely as his. Reposting a rocket without claiming it as his is treated way more lightly, it generally doesn't go further than a cordial reminder.

I know thefts are annoying, but hey, blame the thieves, not us :)

There may be less creativity here, but we are a smaller community. Reddit recently hit the 20k members when we only hit 2k. From which a significant part of ban appealants since they are redirected here for this. But creativity is highly appreciated. Have a look at SSA threads for example. There's not a single one that hasn't received laudatory comments. siryonkee 's work has also been highly appreciated by everyone to give another example.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
There may be less creativity here.
I disagree on this, there is a lot of creative work going on here:

-Soyuz’s Project London
-MP’s Project Something And Colonial von Braun
-Joe’s Progress
-James’ Progress
-Etherian’s Project Snowy Wind
-siryonkee’s Stuff She is Working On
-Hawks’ Colony Fleet And Gylden Stations

I think there is a lot going on here, there’s a lot of creativity and is not hard to find, which is really good if you consider this place has like 40 active players. On YouTube and Reddit you have to search and dig up hard to find original work, not replicas (which is what we call “creative work” isn’t?). And even then you only find maybe this same amount of good content to follow, which is quite disturbing if you consider that, as you said, they have thousands and thousands of active members.

So, overall, is there less creativity on the forum? No, I don’t think there is, at least not if you consider how small this community is, the amount of good content produced here overwhelms the rest of the communities.

My humble opinion on this:
There's a part of truth in what you say, as our community tends to be very elitist, and some players could feel excluded because of this.

However, I think you darken the picture too much.

Firstly, people are generally ok to share their rockets, I don't remember about any member refusing to share a rocket and laughing at others. Except maybe one that has a launcher 3000 km high and that he still never showed despite the fact that so much people want to see it, but that's a different story :)

Regarding theft, sadly it happens. But we had to react at some points because people were really pissed when their work was reposted without credits. That's understandable, and what we do is precisely to protect those who bring creativity! Also, note that reposting a rocket is not forbidden. All we ask is that credit is given to the original builder. Additionally, a rocket is only called stolen if the poster claims it explicitely as his. Reposting a rocket without claiming it as his is treated way more lightly, it generally doesn't go further than a cordial reminder.

I know thefts are annoying, but hey, blame the thieves, not us :)

There may be less creativity here, but we are a smaller community. Reddit recently hit the 20k members when we only hit 2k. From which a significant part of ban appealants since they are redirected here for this. But creativity is highly appreciated. Have a look at SSA threads for example. There's not a single one that hasn't received laudatory comments. siryonkee 's work has also been highly appreciated by everyone to give another example.
I'll admit, SSA has very good work, I enjoy his works very much. They need tweeks here and there, but they're probably some of the best.

It's unfortunate that their is elitest attitude, that kind of thinking really screws not only the creator, but others who might emulate that creativity.
There probably is flat out theft, but others who build on what someone else started seems to be frowned upon, I'm sorry but incomplete work should be regarded as such. If someone completes someone else's beginning and brings int to an end, it's not theft.
As the moderators, you need to encourage growth, not stifle it. You have to lead by example, and there's not enough example to lead others by.