VanillaUpgrades

I have decided to make a new thread here dedicated to the official modloader port.

This GitHub repo will continue to be where you will get releases for the mod as well as see its source code:
Github - ASoDs-VanillaUpgrades

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.8.5

Current Release: v4.1

Current Beta Release: None.

Features:
  • Greatly increased zoom-in/movement limits of the camera in world/build views.
  • Timewarp stops when you enter a planet's SoI.
  • Time slowdown, you can now use decimal timewarps and even freeze time completely. (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
  • Physics timewarp up to 25x on all difficulties (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
New UI:
  • Toggles for disabling adaptation and snapping in the build grid.
  • New HUD window in world view that shows apoapsis, periapsis, eccentricity, and angle of your rocket.
  • World time view, and reimplementation of 1.35's indicator saying how long you've been timewarping for.
New Unit Displays:
  • Re-implements megameters (Mm) as a distance unit
  • Adds km/s as a velocity unit
  • % speed of light (c) as a velocity unit
  • Adds kt mass and thrust units
New Keybinds:
  • L to launch and skip warnings in build space
  • Z to toggle symmetry
  • X to toggle interior view
  • Tab to open part category menu
  • Slash to instantly stop timewarp
  • C to set thrust to 0.1%
  • T to toggle torque
  • F2 to hide the UI
New Settings:
  • Toggles for explosion shake and effects.
Mod features can be individually toggled in the config window in the game's settings menu.

Installation instructions:
  1. Download the latest zip.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in-game.
  3. Extract the entire folder from the zip to the mods folder. Do not remove the DLL.

This mod is untested on Mac. Use at your own risk.
Can you add a fix to orbit lines disappearing in large custom systems

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.0 released.

I've decided the rebrand the mod as just VanillaUpgrades. Including "ASoD's" in the name not only makes people have to do an extra unnecessary step when installing since I'd have to upload releases as a .zip, but this is also discrediting to Cucumber Space. He has helped immensely in getting things done and cleaned up behind the scenes and I want to thank him for it.

The author of the mod will now also be displayed as StarMods, Cucumber and I have decided to start releasing mods under a team name since we are working on them together now.

This is also a patch for the brokenness in the latest game version.

There has also been a change in the name of the file, to update the mod, remove the old dll, drag and drop the new one, then rename the parent folder to VanillaUpgrades. Alternatively you can just delete the folder and reinstall the mod, but you will lose your config.

THIS MOD NOW HAS A DEPENDENCY! To use the mod going forward, you MUST HAVE UI Tools installed.

Hi
please add to this mod all the hotkeys from
"Infinity's RandomTweaks Mod"
at least move the selected parts with the arrow keys on the keyboard and their lower range with the Shift key
if it's not difficult

Thanks

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hi
please add to this mod all the hotkeys from
"Infinity's RandomTweaks Mod"
at least move the selected parts with the arrow keys on the keyboard and their lower range with the Shift key
if it's not difficult

Thanks
If I did this it'd be in Build Settings, not this mod.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.0.1 is now out.

- Fixed switch to kiloton readout on mass/thrust causing stat drawer to break
- Fixed setting thrust to 0.01% and toggling torque working while the selected craft has no control
- Fixed kiloton readouts not being applied to build mode
- Torque toggle now resets when switching crafts

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.0.2 is now out.

- Angle readout will now switch to the local angle based on the planet's surface now when below timewarp height.
- Implemented UI Tools auto update. You'll now receive mod updates directly in-game automatically.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.0.3 is now out. Added scrollable pick categories for parts. The pick category menu will be replaced with a scrollable mod version if there are enough to overflow off the screen.

VTplayz

Modder
Registered
v5.0.3 is now out. Added scrollable pick categories for parts. The pick category menu will be replaced with a scrollable mod version if there are enough to overflow off the screen.
Wow that is a life saving feature, please add for texture selection too(if you can.)

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.1 is now released.
- Timewarp will no longer stop when crossing SoI's if you are using timewarp to and not manual timewarp
- Added option for allowing the game to run when it isn't the focused window (off by default, find in misc config section)
- Vanilla bug fix. While playing windowed or using multiple monitors, scrolling outside of the game while it is focused will no longer make the camera zoom.

This thread is for the VanillaUpgrades Steam mod.

This mod requires that you have UI Tools installed to work. Click here to download the latest version:
GitHub - UI Tools Latest Release

Click here for a direct download of the latest version of VanillaUpgrades:
GitHub - VanillaUpgrades Latest Release

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.9.8

Current Release: v5.1.1

Current Beta Release: None.

Features:
  • Greatly increased zoom-in/movement limits of the camera in world/build views.
  • Timewarp stops when you enter a planet's SoI.
  • Time slowdown, you can now use decimal timewarps and even freeze time completely. (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
  • Physics timewarp up to 25x on all difficulties (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
  • Scrolling for part categories
New UI:
  • Toggles for disabling adaptation and snapping in the build grid.
  • New HUD window in world view that shows apoapsis, periapsis, eccentricity, and angle of your rocket.
  • World time view, and reimplementation of 1.35's indicator saying how long you've been timewarping for.
New Unit Displays:
  • Re-implements megameters (Mm) as a distance unit
  • Adds km/s as a velocity unit
  • % speed of light (c) as a velocity unit
  • Adds kt mass and thrust units
New Keybinds:
  • L to launch and skip warnings in build space
  • Z to toggle symmetry
  • X to toggle interior view
  • Tab to open part category menu
  • Slash to instantly stop timewarp
  • C to set thrust to 0.1%
  • T to toggle torque
  • F2 to hide the UI
New Settings:
  • Toggles for explosion shake and effects.
  • Allow the game to run while it isn't focused
Vanilla Bug Fixes:
  • While windowed or using multiple monitors, the game will no longer zoom the camera if you scroll outside of the game window.
Mod features can be individually toggled in the config window in the game's settings menu.

Installation instructions:
  1. Download the latest DLL.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in-game.
  3. Drag and drop the DLL into the mods folder.
  4. Restart the game.

Here is the GitHub repo where you can view the source code:
Github - VanillaUpgrades

This mod is untested on Mac. Use at your own risk.
Im on windows 11 and it tells me that "VanillaUpgrades.dll isnt downloaded frequently." bla bla bla, can someone tell me why?

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
for some reason, the world clock isn't there. is it because i downloaded the .dll instead of .zip?
By default it only shows up when you timewarp. Use the mod settings in the game's settings menu to turn on the toggle to always show it if you'd like

By default it only shows up when you timewarp. Use the mod settings in the game's settings menu to turn on the toggle to always show it if you'd like
it doesn't allow me to timewarp (no <>, no buttons, no nothing) this only started when i upgraded to 5.11, when i used 5.03, it still let me timewarp. perhaps it is a problem with ui tools, i'll update this once i try updating ui tools

The mod incorrectly counts the world time. By setting realistic dimensions, it can be understood that the time counter will show values approximately 1.05364 times larger. For example, the Earth year lasts 384 days, not 365.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
The mod incorrectly counts the world time. By setting realistic dimensions, it can be understood that the time counter will show values approximately 1.05364 times larger. For example, the Earth year lasts 384 days, not 365.
that's more an issue with the game rather than the mod. the mod just converts the saved world time to something readable then displays it. the game's physics aren't 100% accurate so that discrepancy occurs. the time it gives is accurate, it's the orbits that are off.

I understood. Is it possible to change the time displayed on the screen yourself?
that's more an issue with the game rather than the mod. the mod just converts the saved world time to something readable then displays it. the game's physics aren't 100% accurate so that discrepancy occurs. the time it gives is accurate, it's the orbits that are off.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.1.4 is now available. I finally got around to making the hide ui function not complete jank.