SHARE YOUR BLUEPRINTS

But the Frontier engine simply doesn't have enough thrust to be any good for a main core of that size.
I call bullshit on that one since the Ariane 5 is designed with a low thrust hydrogen engine as her core. My Ariane 5 uses a single frontier at the core and titans as SRBs on the sides. Basically the boosters are used as sustainers just like the real Ariane rocket, and drop off when the core stage have burnt enough fuel to reach a sustainable TWR. Then it will continue her way into space.
1542272693581.png

Last edited:
Also, its ISP is too high. So while it is proportionally closer to correct, it just doesn't work in SFS. The fuel will last way too long to be anywhere near realistic.
Nonsense! The Ariane I built that uses a single frontier core stage and titan boosters on each side worked perfectly as a geostationary launch platform! Frontier's performance is just enough.

Last edited:

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I call bullshit on that one since the Ariane 5 is designed with a low thrust hydrogen engine as her core. My Ariane 5 uses a single frontier at the core and titans as SRBs on the sides. Basically the boosters are used as sustainers just like the real Ariane rocket, and drop off when the core stage have burnt enough fuel to reach a sustainable TWR. Then it will continue her way into space.
View attachment 9263
I am well aware of this, it's just painfully slow to get into orbit once the boosters are seperated. At least in my experience. This game could use a little bit of physical time warp.

it's just painfully slow to get into orbit once the boosters are seperated
It's a space game, not "I need to get home before dinner or my mum's gonna spank me in the arse so hard I have to sit on my baby sister's arm float for the rest of the week"

Point is, never rush a space mission. I usually code a launch in KSP in KoS, launch, and go take a crap. Or in SFS, I play the game while I take a crap, or when I do homework. Just launch, point the rocket at a specific angle of attack, and do some math problems.

Last edited:
T

TtTOtW

Nonsense! The Ariane I built that uses a single frontier core stage and titan boosters on each side worked perfectly as a geostationary launch platform! Frontier's performance is just enough.
Not when you build it exactly to size, with only half a meter variance on any dimension due to build limitations.