Search results

1. Lt. Snakestrike

I present the S.P.E.E.D. (Self Propelled Engine Exploiting Docking-ports)

Yeah, Acarii Drive has been around forever. It was fun seeing the people making balls of docking ports that could make it to space unpropelled.
  2. Lt. Snakestrike

Ad Astra per Tartarus

We're using Nitrogen as a Simulated Prop until the actual test where we'll fire.
  3. Lt. Snakestrike

Ad Astra per Tartarus

8bitCosmonaut If you're still around, I know and can answer a lot more now if you're interested.
  4. Lt. Snakestrike

Ad Astra per Tartarus

An update: We still haven't Hot-fired the Rocket. Our main hold-ups are ignition and finding a suitable test location, but also it's a student project, so things take time. I'm the Vehicle Lead now, and most of my work is redesigning the P&ID so it can be used with a rocket that can actually...
  5. Lt. Snakestrike

Ad Astra per Tartarus

Soo... What's the policy on necroposting on my own thread??? :eek:
  6. Lt. Snakestrike

Lt. Snakestrike lock out of the forums.

Yeah, Gecko or TtTOtW will probably know.
  7. Lt. Snakestrike

Lt. Snakestrike lock out of the forums.

Well, it's fixed now... that was so weird. Any chance my head professor color could be given priority btw?
  8. Lt. Snakestrike

All the Way!

Let's finish this up! Coming home from Mars (this is the same mission as my Team Frontier Entry), and decelerated into an Elliptical Earth Orbit with an Intercept of the Moon. Same as before, Lander detached and Deorbited. Launched and Docking again. And flyin away. Lander's full...
  9. Lt. Snakestrike

I'm Spinning Free

No reason to stick around, I've got places to go. Back in orbut, the orbiter (which is still attached to the second stage might I add) reaches the lander and docks. Made the burn out and then finally left the second stage behind. "But Lieutenant," you might ask, "why did you plan on still...
  10. Lt. Snakestrike

I'm Spinning Free

Anyways, I've had that final mission done for a while now. Launched an interplanetary lander on that 2000t monstrosity of a box rocket I used for the Hawk entry. Destination: Mars Flew right past one of the moons (I think it was Deimos) on the way in. Orbited, and now landing ship...
  11. Lt. Snakestrike

I'm Spinning Free

Cool, sounds good!
  12. Lt. Snakestrike

I'm Spinning Free

Still Waiting on this Marmilo
  13. Lt. Snakestrike

The Unexplored World of Quicksave Editing

I think you mean moonmoons
  14. Lt. Snakestrike

No, 0,0 is always the center of the center planet. For the main solar system that planet is the sun. (Since stars are treated as planets in pretty much all respects).
  15. Lt. Snakestrike

If that was seconds, it means about 57 years of in-game time, which pretty much checks out.
  16. Lt. Snakestrike

It probably does, but the time values aren't ticks. You can tell that because it uses decimals. Here's the time value for my 1.4 world: "worldTime": 1850738010.3588409, Based on how long I played this world, this most likely is seconds, even accounting for time warps.
  17. Lt. Snakestrike

The only thing that changing the world time would affect is the planets though. World time doesn't factor into the rockets themselves. Theoretically, you could set the world time to get a certain alignment of the planets, but imo there's no practical way to do that (other than aligning all...
  18. Lt. Snakestrike

I don't quite understand how time works in this game, so no, I haven't.
  19. Lt. Snakestrike

The 1.52 update has actually done something to really help one specific part of Qks editing: Not only is the Rocket Name helpful in-game, but the name value is stored the first line of the rocket's fragment (I refer to portions of the code which can be moved between quicksaves as fragments...
  20. Lt. Snakestrike

Yes, that is entirely possible, and it's the reason I learned qks editing in the first place. More on that soon though, but I have exams this week, so this is far from my priority.
  21. Lt. Snakestrike

Sorry, you're right, I never specified. Back in 1.4, the game used to use a single .qks file for each quicksave, and your persistent save too. Now though, the organization of quicksaves is more complex. Each save in 1.5 is actually a system of 4 files, "Version", "WorldState", "Branches", and...
  22. Lt. Snakestrike

One thing I've been looking into lately: Teleportation. The qks records each independent ship's Position as an X-Y pair (same for the ship's velocity) which gives the information of the ship at the time of the save. Then, when you load the save, the game calculates the orbital data of every ship...
  23. Lt. Snakestrike

It's about time that I properly earn my title as the expert on Quicksave editing. In this thread (which is kind of a continuation of the previous thread of this title), I will be documenting the structure of the World Save Folders and the general formats of the files that can be found in each...
  24. Lt. Snakestrike

My Favorite Past Projects

I honestly just didn't follow this mission, but it's definitely worthy of mention.
  25. Lt. Snakestrike

A Necessary update to the Game

There's one change to the game during the 1.5 update that removed so much from the game imo. We had so many more options in 1.4 when we were able to use parts that were inside of fairings. The hitbox changes to ions and batteries were disappointing, but acceptable, but losing the use of fairings...