Search results

1. R

World record height tower in stock SFS without cheats (IDK if it's THE world record, but it's definitely up there)

Yup. The only thing that kept me motivated throughout the whole thing is the fact that I could destroy it in the end
  2. R

World record height tower in stock SFS without cheats (IDK if it's THE world record, but it's definitely up there)

Hi guys, This morning, I made a super tall tower in stock SFS (1.35, but it'll be even easier in 1.4 but whatever). The final height I got was 570+ meters tall. I constructed it in segments, by flying each segment to the top of the tower and landing it in the precise spot, no docking ports...
  3. R

A working MLRS

Any ideas about the inability of the MLRS to travel over rough terrain (right now it can only move on the launchpad)? It gets stuck really easily.
  4. R

A working MLRS

lol I'm using the MLRS right now to destroy everything near my launchpad... it's infinitely more fun than clicking each one and clicking "recover"
  5. R

A working MLRS

Tru, but ports aren't in free sfs 1.35 (yeah, I can press "T", but I'd rather not)
  6. R

A working MLRS

True, your design fixes that. Nice one! Also it allows you to pack more missiles...
  7. R

A working MLRS

If you're having issues with the missiles on the bottom hitting the walls of the rocket launcher (and destroying it), then instead of throttlign the missile up to 100%, throttle it to about 94%
  8. R

A working MLRS

Ya so this is a MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System, think the Katyusha rocket launcher). To use it, first launch, then open the solar panels (for power), then open one of the landing legs covering the missiles. Then turn the engines on for one of the missiles at the top (it's important to leave...
  9. R

Heaviest payload to moon and back using only stock parts

Yeah, the payload bay I have is indeed 13 x 30. This is my current rocket: And if you're wondering why this rocket is similar to the rocket I posted earlier on this forum, it's because this rocket is based on that rocket - the last time I succeeded on moon and back, 100% reusable with stock was...
  10. R

If ya post it online, mate, I'll bet you $1,000,000,000,000 that someone has used it without your knowledge. That's the beauty of the internet, you don't have to worry about anything being done - if you can think of it, it has been done, or is being done lol.
  11. R

Nice loophole. euh.... technically your rocket doesn't fit the payload bay requirements, and payload is defined as not including the rocket, but that is a BIG rocket you got to the moon. Nice job on that!
  12. R

loll, 557 m/s.... Wait how heavy was your rover? I'm in the middle of rebuilding my old design, right now it needs work but can get 4 command modules (plus the second stage, which has a probe itself) to the moon. Still needs to get back, why can't I remember how I did it last time? lmao
  13. R

Alright, to everyone that's accusing me of trying to steal a rocket - how about this, screenshot the upper stage with payload & payload bay landed on the moon, and screenshot the engines of the 1st stage (after it lands, include the ground in the photo) to prove that you didn't use expansion...
  14. R

lolol. I just didn't want you guys using all parachutes cuz then it's really just making a disposable rocket and opening the chutes
  15. R

Alright, parachutes allowed, just don't use them to recover all stages. Yeah 1.4 works I guess, but the challenge is orders of magnitude harder in 1.35 (the hawk engine in 1.4 is 2.35 times as powerful as in 1.35)
  16. R

It is massive. Aerodynamics has been a challenge for me doing it too, but if you think about it, really the payload area is smaller than a large fairing (2 large fairings, one adapter fairing thingy and 1 nose fairing).
  17. R

I HAVE a rocket already, it's just not very good... it can bring 3 command modules to the moon, given all the requirements I put in already. I just wanna see if any of you could make a better rocket. "Stealing" a rocket from someone else isn't very fun, which is why I didn't do that. That's also...
  18. R

I wanted to add another rule - no on - pad assembly, and clarify the 1.35 vs 1.4 thing, and provide a link to download PC 1.35
  19. R

I can't edit my post, help lmao
  20. R

Warning: this challenge is not easy. The part that makes it hard is the fact that you can only use stock (free) parts and must keep your rocket within the size limits of stock SFS. Hello, I've been working on a little challenge for myself recently, and I wanted to see how well the more...
  21. R

Solved Rocket keeps tipping over when I turn?

Alright, the tilt at a higher altitude was the advice I needed. Will do, thanks! EDIT: I tried tilting 5 degrees at 6000 meters.... still doesn't work. Maybe even higher or slower? EDIT: Works, thanks!
  22. R

Solved Rocket keeps tipping over when I turn?

Hello everyone, My rocket keeps tipping over whenever I rotate it right a few degrees at 2000 meters (the rotation maneuver is used to get to orbit). My rocket looks like this: Ideally, I'd like to keep the payload bay mechanism on the top (I only have the free version, and the free...