Search results

1. Bored Engineer

Anybody else play No Mans Sky? - I've been working on themed system - Jurassic World (build in progress)

Anybody else play NMS? Always looking to add folks to the builders group: Current project: Jurassic World Status: maybe 25% done Working a massive multi base theme park full of dino like critters and time share cabins ;-). To do... all the detail work. Water park w/submarines, drive through...
  2. Bored Engineer

Working SpaceX style booster landing system (Updated design and landing instructions)

So I think I got it. I went with a wheeled retainment system that allows it to deploy the legs while in descending. The booster needs to be going <30m/s to deploy correctly. The base has enough power to launch a 2nd stage into orbit so feel free to use the BP and practice landing it. New...
  3. Bored Engineer

Working a SpaceX booster landing system... Thoughts so far?

Work in progress so be gentle. I know there are a ton of spaceX designs but I wanted to make something with functional landing equipment. This is what I came up with... Raw mockup Hop Test Landing gear deployment Coming if for landing Touchdown I have a bit of work to get this...
  4. Bored Engineer

Lunar Terrorists strike back - the USSF sends the QRF...

For those following my storyline in the "Moon Tour" Lunar terrorist were struck down by the might of the USSF. If you missed it: Lunar Response to Terrorists Threats Part 2: Years have passed since the lunar terrorists were defeated. Pockets of lunar separatists have sprung up and continue...
  5. Bored Engineer

(New member) - SpaceX(ish) Starlink - 2 stage (both reusable) - Satellite Constellation

Hello everybody. I'm a SFS 1.5 - Foundation Update user and have been playing for a while however never really serious till recently. This is my SpaceX inspired platform I created to launch a Starlink constellation into orbit. Each launch lifts 15 satellites into orbit and both 1st and 2nd...