AEP

Should I make an AEP/New Horizons BASP addon for the Saturn C-5N?

• Yes, NTR lunar rockets are awesome

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No, I don't like to have fun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
pls orion engine just infinite side separator
It's hard to make, the Orion pulse drive specifically. Modders have lives, they can't just sit around all day making engines for mods. We have school amd chores.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
V1.2 is out now.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
V1.2.1 is out, fixes a bug with the Daedalus plume.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Currently working on making the SNRE look better, as well as finishing up the FFRE. I'm a bit busy with school these days, but I plan to add the MCF from the HOPE proposals.

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
I will as soon as I figure out how
There is 2 ways you could do it
Either

have it click to activate a move module, with a variable set to thrust and the afterburning plume elements, and only staged to activate the engine itself.
This one is more complicated, and doesn't let you activate the engine by clicking, but it allows you to have more control over the engine output.

Or alternatively

You could have it in the plume throttle move module and for it to activate after a certain throttle value, of which the thrust will increase, and the afterburning plume element would show up.
This one is simpler but, doesn't let you do low throttle with afterburner, nor does it let you do high throttle without afterburner

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There is 2 ways you could do it
Either

have it click to activate a move module, with a variable set to thrust and the afterburning plume elements, and only staged to activate the engine itself.
This one is more complicated, and doesn't let you activate the engine by clicking, but it allows you to have more control over the engine output.

Or alternatively

You could have it in the plume throttle move module and for it to activate after a certain throttle value, of which the thrust will increase, and the afterburning plume element would show up.
This one is simpler but, doesn't let you do low throttle with afterburner, nor does it let you do high throttle without afterburner
Wow alright, I'll start experimenting with that. Thank you!

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
New poll!
Should I make the C-5N NERVA upper stage and engine to go with Mac's New Horizons mod?

Saturn C-5N:
sat5n61.jpg

Last edited: