all those for mulit-player mode in SFS

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Explain to me how you concluded my statement means JMTeam09 is Jordi?
Because you said "Only I or Jordi or Mike (if he is still with us) can override their statements.", in which you did not include JMTeam09 and instead implied Jordi has high authority in this forum, and JMTeam09 does not, even though he's the owner of the site.

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
Because you said "Only I or Jordi or Mike (if he is still with us) can override their statements.", in which you did not include JMTeam09 and instead implied Jordi has high authority in this forum, and JMTeam09 does not, even though he's the owner of the site.
Well as you know now that mistery is solved.
I have some stuff to say about mmp and modding on IOS.

If you have ever played garry's mod you know the language lua.
Lua is a language that is parsed at runtime and then converted to the language its written in.
In our case thats going to be C# (Because we use that in unity).
Meaning i can add mod support even for IOS since all that youre downloading is text.
Im pretty sure we can store text, we are already doing that actualy.
And i know that we can download stuff since we had sharing (that didnt work on every IOS device but some worked... i think?)
Meaning that we could create a main distributionpoint for mods for all platforms written in lua.
That can mean that things like multiplayer can be projects taken over by the community if they dont want to wait for us to finish/start it.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Well as you know now that mistery is solved.
I have some stuff to say about mmp and modding on IOS.

If you have ever played garry's mod you know the language lua.
Lua is a language that is parsed at runtime and then converted to the language its written in.
In our case thats going to be C# (Because we use that in unity).
Meaning i can add mod support even for IOS since all that youre downloading is text.
Im pretty sure we can store text, we are already doing that actualy.
And i know that we can download stuff since we had sharing (that didnt work on every IOS device but some worked... i think?)
Meaning that we could create a main distributionpoint for mods for all platforms written in lua.
That can mean that things like multiplayer can be projects taken over by the community if they dont want to wait for us to finish/start it.
Yes!

What might be interesting for multiplayer is smaller solar system like teeny tiny, it would take less time to get anywhere so that would avoid the timewarp problem and generally make things like combat easier
(since your in closer proximity of the other player unless you fly out)
The gravity would be the same if not buffed so that fuel is not too unbalanced.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
What might be interesting for multiplayer is smaller solar system like teeny tiny, it would take less time to get anywhere so that would avoid the timewarp problem and generally make things like combat easier
(since your in closer proximity of the other player unless you fly out)
The gravity would be the same if not buffed so that fuel is not too unbalanced.
If everything is smaller, including atmospheres, that could prove problematic for reentry.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
But I came up with an idea to fix that.
So if the the whole solar system had a grid system that could be changed in server settings. Them make it so you can time warp if your not within a certain amount of grid boxes away from another person

But I came up with an idea to fix that.
So if the the whole solar system had a grid system that could be changed in server settings. Them make it so you can time warp if your not within a certain amount of grid boxes away from another person
Lets for the sake of argument assume there will be combat features.
In multiplayer only the controlled craft would warp so that could be a bit annoying, If your minding your business and get pulled out of a warp.
Maybe a server setting that makes it so that you only can't warp in proximity of a craft your targeting or thats targeting you.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Lets for the sake of argument assume there will be combat features.
In multiplayer only the controlled craft would warp so that could be a bit annoying, If your minding your business and get pulled out of a warp.
Maybe a server setting that makes it so that you only can't warp in proximity of a craft your targeting or thats targeting you.
Yeah maybe. It’s an idea that has potential

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Maybe having a slightly different physics for the 'combat' side of multiplayer. So have a system identical to the current one for co-op space builds and general peace stuff and have another one set up like a risk game board or the DOW Dark Crusade map (armoured core had a similar set up for global warfare online) where you're not really interested in re-entry etc. You just turn up to a grid square with your ships and your faction and paste whoever is there.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Although, having something to fight around might be fun. Using moons for speed slingshots into formations, attacking space stations (creating attack stations)

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
The problem with multiplayer is the planets and moons themselves. If you warp, everything will be in a different position for you than everyone else.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Maybe just make it when you timewarp it doesn’t effect the actual solar system
The problem with multiplayer is the planets and moons themselves. If you warp, everything will be in a different position for you than everyone else.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Maybe If there were to be servers, the timewarp would literally just be renamed to “Warp”. It would be an easy fix
But that wouldn't make sense. All that would be doing is just making your craft faster.

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Maybe just make it when you timewarp it doesn’t effect the actual solar system
Have like a central clock so that the position of the planets only move in relation to the server as opposed to individual players. That way it'll work more like an actual warp drive than speeding up time

T

TtTOtW

If you have 5 players. Let's say one wants to time warp from earth to Mars to join the convoy in orbit there. He selects let's say x250000. Now, all the others are notified. If they agree, they time warp too. If they ALL time warp, it will take effect at the lowest selected warp speed. If anyone quits time warp, it stops for everyone.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
If you have 5 players. Let's say one wants to time warp from earth to Mars to join the convoy in orbit there. He selects let's say x250000. Now, all the others are notified. If they agree, they time warp too. If they ALL time warp, it will take effect at the lowest selected warp speed. If anyone quits time warp, it stops for everyone.
That’s what I first thought of. But it could come as a problem if multiple people are doing different things