Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here is ANAIS, the ultimate navigation tool :cool:

LogoANAIS_cropped.png

This mod replaces the built-in navigation system with a more evolved and optimised one. The ideal mod to make encounters easier and navigate easily from planet to planet!

What is that mod?

When you select a target and click on "Navigate to", it automatically calculates the optimal rendez-vous trajectory. It works in practically any situation:
01-Presentation.gif

Even in tricky situations, ANAIS won't let you down and will always find a transfer for you:
02-SpecialTransfers.gif

The displayed transfer is colored depending on its efficiency. A transfer in light blue is practically optimal (Hohmann transfer). Green is not optimal but still a good opportunity, while yellow is significantly more expensive.

Of course it also works for interplanetary transfers or to aim for a return to the mother planet after visiting a moon:
MoonToMoon.jpg ReturnToEarth.jpg

Don't hesitate to try many things, ANAIS has more options than the original navigation system:
TransfertFromMoon2.gif RendezVousToOrbit.jpg

As a complement, ANAIS also includes the closest approach line, though it works in a different way than in the original mod: it's now designed to be complementary of ANAIS: it won't appear if ANAIS has a transfer suggestion for you, or it will help you to adjust some future trajectories that ANAIS can't deal with. That way you keep the benefit of both approaches. In particular, the green line is very useful to plan a cheap encounter over several turns.

Additional suggestion

- Smart SAS by pixelgaming579 has been adapted to work with ANAIS. When targetting another ship, selecting "Target" on Smart SAS will allow your ship to automatically line up with the delta-V arrow suggested by ANAIS:
SmartSAS.gif
Credits go to pixelgaming579 for this feature.

- The delta-V calculator by myself is also a nice addition since it will show you your remaining delta-V, it's a very useful complement to ANAIS.

How to install it?

First open your mod folder.

OpenModsFolder1.png

OpenModsFolder2.png

Then download ANAIS.dll, and drop it in the mod folder.
Download ANAIS.dll

Finally, restart the game and activate the mod. Note that ANAIS won't appear at first if UITools is not enabled. You will have to enable it and restart the game, then ANAIS will be available.

Since UITools is included by default in your mods folder from version 1.5.10.2, you don't have to download it.

ANAIS benefits from the auto-update feature from UITools, so once you installed it you won't have to bother about updating it.
That's all, you can now play normally. Enjoy :cool:

-------------------------------------------------
Link to the source code: Github - ANAIS

Last edited:

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If suppose I have two planets A and B, where A is closer to us than B. Using gravity assist of A, I want to reach B, how can I do that using ANAIS.
Do I have to aim to planet A first and once I am passing through the SOI of A, now to shift my target to B. But in that case, can ANAIS analyse that my spacecraft is initially passing through A.
Can I achieve a trip like Voyager (multiple planetary gravity assist) using ANAIS.
By the way, Beautiful Mod!

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If you pick showing your future trajectory after encounter (in game settings) you will see your trajectory of reaching B even long before you entered A's SOI. And thus you can plan multiple gravity assist in a row for far ahead, since you can regulate gravity assist from one body from long before entering it's SOI, so when you enter it you already had a good trajectory.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
If suppose I have two planets A and B, where A is closer to us than B. Using gravity assist of A, I want to reach B, how can I do that using ANAIS.
Do I have to aim to planet A first and once I am passing through the SOI of A, now to shift my target to B. But in that case, can ANAIS analyse that my spacecraft is initially passing through A.
Yes, you can use ANAIS for that. First target planet A, and as soon as you entered A's SOI target B. ANAIS will be able to calculate the trajectory for you.

Here is an example of this, I aimed for Venus to perform a gravity assist, and now I want to chain a gravity assist with Earth:
VEEGA.gif

Note that it's not optimized for gravity assist now. When you target Earth in this case, ANAIS thinks that you want to aim for Low Earth Orbit and takes into account the cost of the insertion burn, which you don't care about when you just plan a fly-by.

I used ANAIS in a Mercury mission recently for example.

Can I achieve a trip like Voyager (multiple planetary gravity assist) using ANAIS.
By the way, Beautiful Mod!
Yes, you can chain the gravity assists, though the most difficult is still to get a suitable planet configuration. And thank you :)

Does release have collision warning?
You mean when you're about to encounter a ship? It has it yes:
ImpactWarning.gif

That feature is inherited from the closest approach line mod.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
V1.0.1 is out!

It's a minor update to fix the behaviour of the best approach line on several turns. The algorithm that selects the best opportunity has been completely redesigned. It still searches for the best compromise between a small fuel expense and a small waiting time but is much more stable and predictible than before.
It also happened that this algorithm gives weird results in some situations, this should not happen anymore.

You don't need to do anything, the game will propose you to update the game the next time you launch it.

As always don't hesitate to share your feedback.
Enjoy! :cool:

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UPDATE: V1.1.0 is out!

It's mostly an update to make the mod compatible with SFS 1.5.10.2, since the update broke it.
If you had the previous version installed, then you have to reinstall it. Auto-update won't work since the mod doesn't even load.

Noor

Registered
First of all
After the update to both ANAIS & UI, this mod is not working anymore for me, I had previous files for both so I replaced it (which means reversed the update) and now it's working again

Secondly; I feel a little confused when trying to reach an object or satellite because it does not show the original "side velocity" option so I don't know when am I actually heading (sidewise)

Thanks for the mod, it really helps a lot

Is this possible for you to make?

All these Encounters and Escapes info is visible at the same time
let's say if we don't change speed then, the following will be the complete (possibly 2 or 3 Enc's & Esc's) trajectory

Or forget about the third planet, just 2 would also be enough if it can be done
because it is so difficult to predict which direction will gravity assist throw you until we encounter the SOI of planet 1

:)
1.png

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Amazing mod, now you just need to have it setup with an “auto-pilot” to make the maneuvers for you as you’ll have a fully automated spacecraft!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
First of all
After the update to both ANAIS & UI, this mod is not working anymore for me, I had previous files for both so I replaced it (which means reversed the update) and now it's working again

Secondly; I feel a little confused when trying to reach an object or satellite because it does not show the original "side velocity" option so I don't know when am I actually heading (sidewise)

Thanks for the mod, it really helps a lot
Hello and thanks for your return :)

The mod was broken by the update indeed. Unfortunately, the way Stef makes evolve the game doesn't depend on me, and it can happen that he accidentaly breaks the compatibility. I'm glad that you have it working again.

For the second point, I suppose you refer to the docking system. It's different from Stef one indeed. The glowing blue arrow shows your relative velocity, while the red arrow basically tells you "the object you target will pass over there at that distance and in that many seconds":
VelAndDistArrows.gif

It's a system inherited from my previous mod. I've been lazy and didn't re-exlain it, but you'll find a detailed explanation here.

As a rule of thumb, you can simply remember that you have to burn in the direction shown by each arrow: burn in the direction of the red arrow to reduce your encounter distance, burn in the direction of the blue arrow to reduce your relative velocity.

Is this possible for you to make?

All these Encounters and Escapes info is visible at the same time
let's say if we don't change speed then, the following will be the complete (possibly 2 or 3 Enc's & Esc's) trajectory

Or forget about the third planet, just 2 would also be enough if it can be done
because it is so difficult to predict which direction will gravity assist throw you until we encounter the SOI of planet 1

:)
View attachment 104347
It's possible to simulate a gravity assist without too much pain, but the real question is how you intend to use the planet to perform a gravity assist: depending on the side of the planet you fly by the result will be very different, and the game (or the mod) can't assume what you're planning to do. The typical example is Venus: a retrograde gravity assist will send you towards Mercury while a prograde gravity assist will send you towards the outter solar system. The mod needs to know if you want to make a prograde or a retrograde fly-by.
This would be an interesting evolution though, I'll think about it.

Amazing mod, now you just need to have it setup with an “auto-pilot” to make the maneuvers for you as you’ll have a fully automated spacecraft!
Coming from you I take it as a real compliment, thanks :)
It's not part of my plans to make an auto-pilot, but it would be doable yes, the hardest part of the job is largely done!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This deletes all spacecraft I have launched when used in an existing world.
That's concerning...
Can you please provide a save that triggers the bug so that I can investigate myself? I need a save BEFORE the bug happened.
You'll find your saves under Spaceflight Simulator Game/Saving. You'll have to go into another subdirectory, but I don't remember exactly the path (I'm not at home right now, so I can't check). Don't hesitate to tell me if you have any issue finding your saves.

That's concerning...
Can you please provide a save that triggers the bug so that I can investigate myself? I need a save BEFORE the bug happened.
You'll find your saves under Spaceflight Simulator Game/Saving. You'll have to go into another subdirectory, but I don't remember exactly the path (I'm not at home right now, so I can't check). Don't hesitate to tell me if you have any issue finding your saves.
Do you need a save before and after?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Do you need a save before and after?
The most important is before, so that I can load it and trigger the bug myself. If you can send a save after it also helps as it allows me to check that we reach the same final state, but it's not the most important since your description is pretty clear.

The most important is before, so that I can load it and trigger the bug myself. If you can send a save after it also helps as it allows me to check that we reach the same final state, but it's not the most important since your description is pretty clear.
Ok, I will get it ASAP

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Why didn't anything change after I installed it?
Hello,

Did you activate the mod in the mod loader menu?
If it doesn't appear then:
- make sure your game version is 1.5.10.2. If it's not the case then please update your game.
- make sure UI Tools has been activated first. You'll have to restart the game after the activation of UI Tools.
- if this still doesn't work, then please press F1 after starting the game and post the logs here.

Hello,

Did you activate the mod in the mod loader menu?
If it doesn't appear then:
- make sure your game version is 1.5.10.2. If it's not the case then please update your game.
- make sure UI Tools has been activated first. You'll have to restart the game after the activation of UI Tools.
- if this still doesn't work, then please press F1 after starting the game and post the logs here.
The game version is 1.5.9.8
屏幕截图 2023-09-25 164335.png

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That's the reason then, this mod is not compatible with 1.5 9.8, you have to update your game (just launch Steam, then it's all automatic). This will also fix some other problems because those logs are not even from ANAIS.

This deletes all spacecraft I have launched when used in an existing world.
Any news about that?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UPDATE V1.2.0 is here!!

ANAIS has been optimized to make the game run smoother. The algorithms are efficient, but can be highly resource-consuming sometimes. ANAIS now runs on a separate thread, which allows it to run at its own frequency, which is 30 fps. For example, if you run the game at 60 fps, before the calculations also occured 60 times per second. With this update they still run 30 times per second, which decreases the resource use by 50%. Moreover, the remaining 50% are now allowed to run on a different core, thus saving more resources for the game itself.

The targetting algorithm has also been improved, the main purpose being to allow the player to better anticipate their future trajectories.
Here for example, I'm about to perform a fly-by of Venus. The blue line (closest approach on next turn) allows me to plan a second encounter:
ChainedEncounter.gif

This is with the same target, but now ANAIS also allows to detect gravity assists, and by selecting your next target you can plan your future encounter with it.
Here for example, I'm about to make a fly-by with Venus, and my plan is to go to Mercury. By selecting Mercury, the mod detects the gravity assist with Venus, and allows me to plan an encounter with Mercury at a very early stage:
AdjustingGravityAssist.gif

The labels associated to the approach lines have also been simplified to only display the relevant informations. Note that the usual "Best approach" label will be replaced by "Encounter" if the approach appears to be close enough.

When you pilot your ship from the World view, the delta-V arrow will also let you know when you get an encounter with your target:
EncounterLabel.gif

And last but not least, ANAIS and Smart SAS can now work together: by selecting "Target" on Smart SAS while targetting an object, your rocket will automatically line up with the delta-V arrow:
SmartSAS.gif

All the credits go to pixelgaming579 for this.
I made a fix to make sure that his mod would work in any situation, but the original work for this feature is from him.

Don't hesitate to report any bug, and as always enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yessss! This is awesome.

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
UPDATE V1.2.0 is here!!

ANAIS has been optimized to make the game run smoother. The algorithms are efficient, but can be highly resource-consuming sometimes. ANAIS now runs on a separate thread, which allows it to run at its own frequency, which is 30 fps. For example, if you run the game at 60 fps, before the calculations also occured 60 times per second. With this update they still run 30 times per second, which decreases the resource use by 50%. Moreover, the remaining 50% are now allowed to run on a different core, thus saving more resources for the game itself.

The targetting algorithm has also been improved, the main purpose being to allow the player to better anticipate their future trajectories.
Here for example, I'm about to perform a fly-by of Venus. The blue line (closest approach on next turn) allows me to plan a second encounter:
View attachment 108769

This is with the same target, but now ANAIS also allows to detect gravity assists, and by selecting your next target you can plan your future encounter with it.
Here for example, I'm about to make a fly-by with Venus, and my plan is to go to Mercury. By selecting Mercury, the mod detects the gravity assist with Venus, and allows me to plan an encounter with Mercury at a very early stage:
View attachment 108768
The labels associated to the approach lines have also been simplified to only display the relevant informations. Note that the usual "Best approach" label will be replaced by "Encounter" if the approach appears to be close enough.

When you pilot your ship from the World view, the delta-V arrow will also let you know when you get an encounter with your target:
View attachment 108770

And last but not least, ANAIS and Smart SAS can now work together: by selecting "Target" on Smart SAS while targetting an object, your rocket will automatically line up with the delta-V arrow:
View attachment 108771
All the credits go to pixelgaming579 for this.
I made a fix to make sure that his mod would work in any situation, but the original work for this feature is from him.

Don't hesitate to report any bug, and as always enjoy :cool:
let’s fucking go!