Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
UPDATE V1.2.0 is here!!

ANAIS has been optimized to make the game run smoother. The algorithms are efficient, but can be highly resource-consuming sometimes. ANAIS now runs on a separate thread, which allows it to run at its own frequency, which is 30 fps. For example, if you run the game at 60 fps, before the calculations also occured 60 times per second. With this update they still run 30 times per second, which decreases the resource use by 50%. Moreover, the remaining 50% are now allowed to run on a different core, thus saving more resources for the game itself.

The targetting algorithm has also been improved, the main purpose being to allow the player to better anticipate their future trajectories.
Here for example, I'm about to perform a fly-by of Venus. The blue line (closest approach on next turn) allows me to plan a second encounter:
View attachment 108769

This is with the same target, but now ANAIS also allows to detect gravity assists, and by selecting your next target you can plan your future encounter with it.
Here for example, I'm about to make a fly-by with Venus, and my plan is to go to Mercury. By selecting Mercury, the mod detects the gravity assist with Venus, and allows me to plan an encounter with Mercury at a very early stage:
View attachment 108768
The labels associated to the approach lines have also been simplified to only display the relevant informations. Note that the usual "Best approach" label will be replaced by "Encounter" if the approach appears to be close enough.

When you pilot your ship from the World view, the delta-V arrow will also let you know when you get an encounter with your target:
View attachment 108770

And last but not least, ANAIS and Smart SAS can now work together: by selecting "Target" on Smart SAS while targetting an object, your rocket will automatically line up with the delta-V arrow:
View attachment 108771
All the credits go to pixelgaming579 for this.
I made a fix to make sure that his mod would work in any situation, but the original work for this feature is from him.

Don't hesitate to report any bug, and as always enjoy :cool:
Also, maybe mention that prograde + 180 degrees = retrograde

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Small issue: the function that displays future trajectories past an SOI doesn't seem to be working.
Screenshot 2023-11-09 114726.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 121243.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 121348.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 121456.png

The SAS thing still works though.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Small issue: the function that displays future trajectories past an SOI doesn't seem to be working.
View attachment 109610
View attachment 109611
View attachment 109612
View attachment 109613
The SAS thing still works though.
The calculation of future trajectories is part of the base game. Have a look at the settings, there's an "orbit line count" parameter. It's set to 3 by default, you must set it to a higher value.
With "3" it seems to be limited in practice, it won't display the third trajectory if it's in the same SOI as one of the 2 first trajectories (which is your case here).

About those errors it's very unlikely that they come from ANAIS (a serious error would probably make it stop working as it would kill the thread dedicated to it). I see that you have many mods enabled, maybe try to disable some of them to identify which ones cause errors.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The calculation of future trajectories is part of the base game. Have a look at the settings, there's an "orbit line count" parameter. It's set to 3 by default, you must set it to a higher value.
With "3" it seems to be limited in practice, it won't display the third trajectory if it's in the same SOI as one of the 2 first trajectories (which is your case here).

About those errors it's very unlikely that they come from ANAIS (a serious error would probably make it stop working as it would kill the thread dedicated to it). I see that you have many mods enabled, maybe try to disable some of them to identify which ones cause errors.
The errors don't actually affect the game (that I'm aware of), but thanks for the tip on the orbit lines! All fixed now.

Last edited:

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UPDATE V1.3.0

ANAIS has been updated!
The mod now gives access to the player to a control panel that gives him more control over the algorithm.
This is what the panel looks like:
ControlPanel.jpg

The panel has been thought to be intuitive to use. That's why it comes with tooltips that will explain you in detail what every button does:
Panel.gif

With the panel come some new options that I will explain here, as well as the possibility to better parameterize what you want ANAIS to calculate for you. ANAIS tended to display many informations before, which could be confusing in practice. This update largely fixes that.

So for the new features we have...

For transfers

The panel now allows you to hide the transfers if you want to use the closest approach lines. If on the contrary you wish to use the transfers, you now have access to 2 calculation modes: "Rendez-vous" and "Fly-by".

The "Rendez-vous" mode is the one you are used to: it calculates a trajectory for you while optimizing both your departure and your arrival ΔV. However, sometimes your intention is not to satellize yourself around the planet you target...

The "Fly-by" mode solves that problem: it only optimizes your departure ΔV, which gives you access to cheaper trajectories. This is particularly useful for gravity assists.

Here is an example of the fly-by mode in action, giving a cheaper and better gravity assist trajectory with Venus:
Fly-by mode.gif

Here is another example that easily allowed to set a well-know trajectory from space fans, the free return trajectory:
ToyingWithTransfer.gif

FreeReturnTrajectory.jpg

You probably noticed that when switching to "Fly-By" mode, the arrival ΔV disappears. This is logical since ANAIS doesn't take it into account. Fly-by transfers are also evaluated as more efficient as shown by their color.

For approach lines

The panel now allows you to parameterize the maximum number of turns over which to calculate an encounter opportunity. That number can vary from 0 to 24 (0 is useful to remove approach lines). When your orbit crosses the target's one, there's also an option to choose over which crossing point you prefer an encounter ("Any" automatically selects the best opportunity overall):
ApproachLines.gif

If you have the mod already installed, you have nothing to do, the update is automatic.
Enjoy the mod :cool:

Special thanks to:
- Sarge and Cucumber Space for their assistance to make a working tooltip system
- Astronaut825 for reworking my tooltips to make them sound less frenglish :p

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
UPDATE V1.3.0

ANAIS has been updated!
The mod now gives access to the player to a control panel that gives him more control over the algorithm.
This is what the panel looks like:
View attachment 109780

The panel has been thought to be intuitive to use. That's why it comes with tooltips that will explain you in detail what every button does:
View attachment 109781

With the panel come some new options that I will explain here, as well as the possibility to better parameterize what you want ANAIS to calculate for you. ANAIS tended to display many informations before, which could be confusing in practice. This update largely fixes that.

So for the new features we have...

For transfers

The panel now allows you to hide the transfers if you want to use the closest approach lines. If on the contrary you wish to use the transfers, you now have access to 2 calculation modes: "Rendez-vous" and "Fly-by".

The "Rendez-vous" mode is the one you are used to: it calculates a trajectory for you while optimizing both your departure and your arrival ΔV. However, sometimes your intention is not to satellize yourself around the planet you target...

The "Fly-by" mode solves that problem: it only optimizes your departure ΔV, which gives you access to cheaper trajectories. This is particularly useful for gravity assists.

Here is an example of the fly-by mode in action, giving a cheaper and better gravity assist trajectory with Venus:
View attachment 109783

Here is another example that easily allowed to set a well-know trajectory from space fans, the free return trajectory:
View attachment 109784
View attachment 109785

You probably noticed that when switching to "Fly-By" mode, the arrival ΔV disappears. This is logical since ANAIS doesn't take it into account. Fly-by transfers are also evaluated as more efficient as shown by their color.

For approach lines

The panel now allows you to parameterize the maximum number of turns over which to calculate an encounter opportunity. That number can vary from 0 to 24 (0 is useful to remove approach lines). When your orbit crosses the target's one, there's also an option to choose over which crossing point you prefer an encounter ("Any" automatically selects the best opportunity overall):
View attachment 109786

If you have the mod already installed, you have nothing to do, the update is automatic.
Enjoy the mod :cool:

Special thanks to:
- Sarge and Cucumber Space for their assistance to make a working tooltip system
- Astronaut825 for reworking my tooltips to make them sound less frenglish :p
Thanks Altaïr definitely switching now!

I don't know if it's a problem with my version of the game but whenever I change the flight mode the lines disappear and only reappear when I restart the game, version V1.5.10.2

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I don't know if it's a problem with my version of the game but whenever I change the flight mode the lines disappear and only reappear when I restart the game, version V1.5.10.2
Hello,

Your game version is fine. Normally this is what happens when you change the flight mode:
transferModeSwitching.gif

Is it what you're trying to do? The lines shouldn't disappear. Unless you talk about the approach lines, but they shouldn't disappear either.

yes, what should happen is that it changes the meeting line, but it disappears, it only reappears when I restart the game, and also when I change the flight target

the approximation lines don't update, I don't know if it's something related to the compatibility of some mods

when I change something on the panel, when I finish and start navigation, or when I return 30 seconds they disappear

I activated and deactivated the UI Tools and it resolved, Thanks for your attention :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I activated and deactivated the UI Tools and it resolved, Thanks for your attention :)
Oh, all good then. I'm glad you found how to solve that because I had no idea.

Also, thanks for avoiding posting several times in a row. I've merged your posts for this time :)

Well, in fact the problem persists, now whenever I speed up the search for KM/s the counter stops, the lines start without updating, possibly the UI Tools hangs, I'm trying to find out why this happens, in the previous version of Anais this didn't happen

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, in fact the problem persists, now whenever I speed up the search for KM/s the counter stops, the lines start without updating, possibly the UI Tools hangs, I'm trying to find out why this happens, in the previous version of Anais this didn't happen
Can you please show a screenshot of your problem?
Also, when it happens please press F1 and send me the screenshot if it shows errors.

I found the problem, when I used part clipping and the part editor the trust is hidden, probably the mod uses the trust to calculate the route, but I'm still going to do more tests

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I found the problem, when I used part clipping and the part editor the trust is hidden, probably the mod uses the trust to calculate the route, but I'm still going to do more tests
Normally the mod doesn't use that. It calculates "what you need", it doesn't take into account "what you have". But any new information is welcome of course.

The modifications I made to try to make the rocket more similar to the real thing probably broke my game, I changed some things in my rocket and it stopped causing problems, due to my computer being obsolete it must have caused this problem, thanks for your attention, If I find any other problems I'll let you know :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
There's no error, only warnings, and they are not related to ANAIS. I see you use other mods though. In particular the astroforge. I'm not saying that one is implied, but if the problem persists can you please check if it still happens with only ANAIS enabled? (And UI Tools of course since it's needed)

Taw

Registered
There's no error, only warnings, and they are not related to ANAIS. I see you use other mods though. In particular the astroforge. I'm not saying that one is implied, but if the problem persists can you please check if it still happens with only ANAIS enabled? (And UI Tools of course since it's needed)
Hi, I'm also experiencing a similar problem, ANAIS is just unusable (ANAIS numbers completely frozen or nothing appears at all.), it appears that the problem persists after disabling all mods but ANAIS and UI Tools. Only restarting the game would reset it until it freezes again. Unsure of the cause, downgrading to ANAIS 1.2.0 does not resolve the problem. View attachment 110877

Attachments

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Hi, I'm also experiencing a similar problem, ANAIS is just unusable (ANAIS numbers completely frozen or nothing appears at all.), it appears that the problem persists after disabling all mods but ANAIS and UI Tools. Only restarting the game would reset it until it freezes again. Unsure of the cause, downgrading to ANAIS 1.2.0 does not resolve the problem. View attachment 110877
On my end, sometimes the delta-v numbers just disappear. While docking, it reverts to the default system. While making a burn not even the default system shows up.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

Thanks for your return. I'll try to recreate the situation from your screenshot (you play in realistic right?). Also, when the bug happens, could you please press F1 and post a screenshot of the logs please?

On my end, sometimes the delta-v numbers just disappear. While docking, it reverts to the default system. While making a burn not even the default system shows up.
It can happen sometimes that ANAIS finds no viable transfer, so it won't display anything in this case. Or the calculation failed for some reason. Normally this is exceptional and temporary though. Does this happen often? If you can identify a scenario that allows to recreate the problem reliably that will be very useful.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
It can happen sometimes that ANAIS finds no viable transfer, so it won't display anything in this case. Or the calculation failed for some reason. Normally this is exceptional and temporary though. Does this happen often? If you can identify a scenario that allows to recreate the problem reliably that will be very useful.
It's rare and has only happened twice. It's fixable by restarting the game. Scenario? Probably during docking.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It's rare and has only happened twice. It's fixable by restarting the game. Scenario? Probably during docking.
I'll try to see if I can make it happening to investigate. If you see it happen again can you please press F1 and post the errors here? Thanks!