ASoD's VanillaUpgrades - Windows Steam Mod

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
This is the dev thread for a mod I'm working on for the Windows Steam version of the game.

Here is a Github repo I put together containing the source code, as well as where you can find information about and releases for the mod:
Github - ASoDs-VanillaUpgrades

Current Release: v2.3.5
For ModLoader Version: 1.3.2+

Current Beta Release: None.

Features:
  • Greatly increased zoom-in/movement limits of the camera in world/build views.
  • Timewarp stops when you enter a planet's SoI.
  • Time slowdown, you can now use decimal timewarps and even freeze time completely. (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
  • Physics timewarp up to 25x on all difficulties (Off by default, due to cheaty nature.)
New UI:
  • Toggles for disabling adaptation and snapping in the build grid.
  • Manual delta V calculator in build mode. Can be toggled with C.
  • New HUD window in world view that shows apoapsis, periapsis, eccentricity, and angle of your rocket.
  • World time view, and reimplementation of 1.35's indicator saying how long you've been timewarping for.
New Unit Displays:
  • Re-implements megameters (Mm) as a distance unit
  • Adds km/s as a velocity unit
  • % speed of light (c) as a velocity unit
  • Adds kt mass and thrust units
New Keybinds:
  • L to launch and skip warnings in build space
  • Z to toggle symmetry
  • X to toggle interior view
  • Slash to instantly stop timewarp
  • C to set thrust to 0.1%
  • T to toggle torque
  • F2 to hide the UI
New Settings:
  • Toggle for all shake effects.
  • Toggles for explosion shake and effects.
Mod features can be individually toggled in the config window in the game's settings menu.

This version uses the SFS ModLoader by dani0105, installation instructions for which can be found on his Github Repository here.

Installation instructions:

1. Install the modloader.
2. Download the latest ZIP.
3. Extract the root folder to Spaceflight Simulator_Data\MODS. Do not rename it or take the DLL out.

This mod is untested on Mac. Use at your own risk.

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
New v1.0 release as I've ported the mod to the new SFS Modloader by dani0105#5815 on the Discord, and added more stuff to it. This thread was edited accordingly. Please do give suggestions if you have a request for something to add.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v1.1 uploaded now

- Fixed bug with 1x timewarp key where it would jump back to the previous speed when trying to re-enable timewarp.
- added Megameter distance units and km/s velocity units
- angle now displays a negative value when pointed left
- all world view labels now force decimals even when they are whole numbers

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
V1.1.2 uploaded now, fixes a bug where the modded keys were detected while text boxes were open, and adds kt units for thrust and mass

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v1.2 out now
  • Mod controls can now be re-bound (Courtesy of Infinity#2354 and his RandomTweaks mod)
  • Config window in settings that can individually enable and disable the mod's features
  • Fixed apoapsis saying escape in advanced info when rocket is motionless.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.0 out now!

- Updated mod for ModLoader v1.1.2
- Never miss your encounters again! Timewarp will now stop when you enter a planet's SoI.
- Use semicolon to timewarp to apoapsis/periapsis, it automatically switches which one to use based on what is next in your orbit.

I should note that these can be inconsistent due to floating point errors and me being bad at math, use/rely on them at your own risk for now. If I find a better implementation, I will use it.

Encounters can also still be missed if you use absurdly high timewarps or you are traveling absurdly fast. This is just a limitation of computing speed, there's not much I can do to fix that.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.1 out now.

- Press F2 to hide the UI. This will keep your last stored UI opacity and restore it when you unhide.
- Max physics timewarp can now be increased to 25x for all difficulties. Disabled by default.
- Time slowdown functionality. You can now use decimal timewarps and even completely freeze time. Disabled by default.

You can enable the new functions in the game's settings.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2 is now out!

- Proper handling of there being no current rocket, console will no longer be spammed with errors.
- Config is now stored in a file rather than PlayerPrefs, this means no more settings resets when updating past this point.
- Increased camera movement and zoom limits way beyond their normal limits in world view.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.1 released.

- Windows can no longer be moved beyond the screen.
- Window positions are now saved when you close the game, so you don't need to reposition them every time.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.3 released

- Window opacities are now fully dependent on the default UI opacity setting rather than just hiding at 0%.
- Added the ability to customize the color of the mod's windows.
- Camera zoom increase is now applied to the build area.

Last edited:

VTplayz

Modder
Registered
Some how when I install v2.2.1 and above, I can't move any part but it still work when I use v2.2
I think the features in v2.2.1 has some error.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.4 beta 1 is now out.

Build menu zoom increase was causing game-breaking lag and window color customization was also causing lag. This version *should* fix it, but will be labeled beta until I confirm that it does. Regardless of it being a beta, please use this version or any version prior to v2.2.2.

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
It still not work, can you make a version that remove V2.2.1 features?
I was able to find and fix the issue. Please download the latest v2.2.4 release. I have also removed all broken releases, v2.2.1-v2.2.4-beta, so they cannot be downloaded. All features are still intact.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.5 is now out, made a lot of minor improvements.

- Changed the default keybind for 0.1% throttle to C, so it's next to min/max throttle.
- Reorganized keybind settings.
- Added % speed of light (c) as a unit. Likely will never be seen in vanilla gameplay but it exists now.
- Distance measurement will now switch to Mm above 100,000 km instead of 10,000 km.
- Moved math for advanced info to a more efficient method, will hopefully further improve performance of the mod.
- Proper handling for advanced info values being NaN, it will now show "Error" instead.
- When timewarp stops at planet entry, it will now be set to 5x timewarp rather than real time, this is a fix for a bug where your rocket glitches if you jump through an entire sphere of influence in one frame and then exit and end timewarp on the same frame.
- Config errors will now make a pop-up appear so it is more obvious why something was reset.

To install, just merge the old folder with the new one in the zip. You do not need to delete your old config or windowpositions files.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
when i have it in mods folder the main menu never appears
Mac? And is your modloader up to date? Because I've not seen a windows user on the correct loader version have this issue. The only way I could see this happening is if you're on modloader version 1.1.1 which doesn't have a function my mod needs.

v2.2.5 is now out, made a lot of minor improvements.

- Changed the default keybind for 0.1% throttle to C, so it's next to min/max throttle.
- Reorganized keybind settings.
- Added % speed of light (c) as a unit. Likely will never be seen in vanilla gameplay but it exists now.
- Distance measurement will now switch to Mm above 100,000 km instead of 10,000 km.
- Moved math for advanced info to a more efficient method, will hopefully further improve performance of the mod.
- Proper handling for advanced info values being NaN, it will now show "Error" instead.
- When timewarp stops at planet entry, it will now be set to 5x timewarp rather than real time, this is a fix for a bug where your rocket glitches if you jump through an entire sphere of influence in one frame and then exit and end timewarp on the same frame.
- Config errors will now make a pop-up appear so it is more obvious why something was reset.

To install, just merge the old folder with the new one in the zip. You do not need to delete your old config or windowpositions files.
You said to install, just merge the old folder with the new one, do I need the old version for it to work, or, can I just download it and it will work?