Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Currently imaging Andromeda from the darkest skies I’ve ever shot it from! While sitting around, I decided to have some fun overlaying some of my newer images onto old ones. All images below are lined up so that they are exactly where they should be relative to each other. I think it’s kinda cool to see how much things have changed since I started almost a year ago.
FB36B2D5-6A3D-4538-A17C-4609D81E517E.jpeg
892FC33A-C7DE-4D9B-98AE-F09ECC053EE5.jpeg
E66F49E3-0D2A-45D9-BA4B-D504D98C31A8.jpeg
BF8524CB-15A6-4920-B7CC-661109FF8282.jpeg

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Woah! That’s some huge improvement!

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
How boxy in the middle of the box?!:eek:

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
So umm…when I set out to image last night, I was not planning on taking what I believe to be my best image to date. Here is our closest neighbor, the Andromeda Galaxy.

I’m still trying to mentally process how I even managed to do it, but I am not complaining one bit. It absolutely blows any Andromeda image I’ve ever done out of the water. I again can’t upload the full res image, but I am looking into creating a Flickr account. That way I can host the full quality stuff for people to see.
66E37B15-7B1C-4160-8340-84FD5F0B89E0.jpeg

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So umm…when I set out to image last night, I was not planning on taking what I believe to be my best image to date. Here is our closest neighbor, the Andromeda Galaxy.

I’m still trying to mentally process how I even managed to do it, but I am not complaining one bit. It absolutely blows any Andromeda image I’ve ever done out of the water. I again can’t upload the full res image, but I am looking into creating a Flickr account. That way I can host the full quality stuff for people to see. View attachment 68179
I've just pee... Because it's magnificent shot!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Darker skies will do that for you! :p

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Darker skies… On July 4? I’m not questioning anything…

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
To be precise, it was the evening of the 3rd/early morning of the 4th in local time when 4kids went imaging, if I understand correctly.
^

Also, here is my image of the Heart (right) and Soul (left) nebulae. It may not be as visually impressive as Andromeda, but a cool set of targets none the less. They are known for being fairly difficult to capture due to their faintness and large size, so I’m pleased with the result I managed to get.
66C861A5-82E2-4035-B449-C45614D4D2E5.jpeg

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
^

Also, here is my image of the Heart (right) and Soul (left) nebulae. It may not be as visually impressive as Andromeda, but a cool set of targets none the less. They are known for being fairly difficult to capture due to their faintness and large size, so I’m pleased with the result I managed to get. View attachment 68213
Cool!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Been playing around with some new software lately. Finally got a chance to try out a new technique I’ve been wanting to try for a while. This is a false color mapping of the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae. Basically rearranging the RGB color channels to end up with a neat end result. It is similar to the Hubble palette achieved through narrowband filters, but all done with a color camera. Definitely went overboard with it, but wanted to see how far I could go.
E9B23E3C-76A1-4077-B389-3E199DE6528D.jpeg

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Been playing around with some new software lately. Finally got a chance to try out a new technique I’ve been wanting to try for a while. This is a false color mapping of the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae. Basically rearranging the RGB color channels to end up with a neat end result. It is similar to the Hubble palette achieved through narrowband filters, but all done with a color camera. Definitely went overboard with it, but wanted to see how far I could go. View attachment 69109
Dang... That's hot one!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here’s the first new photo in over half a month. It’s been pretty cloudy here lately. Anyways, this is the Dumbbell Nebula in two versions-standard RGB, and a false color mapping. I’m very happy with how this turned out. Yesterday I wasn’t sure if I should even attempt it, but I’m glad I did. I can’t upload the high res versions here, but they are posted on my new Flickr page: 4KidsOneCamera
B1F37640-9E7B-4A20-A3EF-A331D94C3A0B.jpeg
7B54AFEF-6FD1-4FE7-AC43-48CE8FBDBCB5.jpeg