Challenge me

T

TtTOtW

Ok... so the Gecko set off to its home.
Screenshot_20190316-051527.png

I sort of had a bad feeling as I set out. I didn't want the Gecko stranded in deep space.
Screenshot_20190316-052557.png
Screenshot_20190316-052846.png

Aerobrake. 1km above atmosphere is the orbit I set as standard.
Screenshot_20190316-062212.png
Screenshot_20190316-062247.png

Normal numbers.
Screenshot_20190316-063115.png

Screenshot_20190316-063349.png
Screenshot_20190316-072602.png
Screenshot_20190316-072642.png

Ok... maybe I stand a chance.

T

TtTOtW

Round two:
Screenshot_20190316-073707.png
Screenshot_20190316-073841.png
Screenshot_20190316-081148.png
Screenshot_20190316-081304.png

Time to transfer te on board fuel to the main tank.
Screenshot_20190316-082040.png
Screenshot_20190316-082156.png

Screenshot_20190316-084507.png
Screenshot_20190316-084512.png

No point circularising. Won't make another return. That fuel is only enough to get to Mars, barely. Best I rest the ship before a well deserved upgrade. You did good, Gecko... Two trips are not as simply done as you made it seem :)...

T

TtTOtW

So 4 out of 5 is no that bad right? :) I'm happy with that. The SCS has proven it's worth, thoroughly. You guys are about to see the upgrade of the century.

T

TtTOtW

This makes my new shuttle look like crap in comparison..
This is the current phase of my shuttle tech after 14 or so months of continuous development. This is the Δ Series, Gen. 4.1. IPC started it all in 1.31. It went through 4 iterations, then it was replaced by a fresh design in 1.35. This went through 3 iterations before being replaced by the Γ Series in 1.4, which saw tech rising up to meet aesthetics. Door mechanisms took pride of place here and the bulkiness was ignored for the sake of development. It had 4 iterations and was given little airtime here, but despite the Albatross Ugliness it showed off some brave ideas, even though they did not work half the time. But this became the backbone of my learning, so with 1.406 the Δ Series was conceived, and worked right off the bat. The very first test flight was a resounding success! It had 3 iterations simultaneously, then they all went through 2 upgrades to expand their versatility, based on lessons learned from building Ares Station. Their drones were also developed. After that I added to the 4th iteration the bits that now make the Grand Amber. 4.2 is a test bench for a working Tail Ramp system. Works like a dream, but is not field ready.

After all that... you'd expect only the best. But that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the work of others. On the contrary, I appreciate it more, because I know what it takes to build a shuttle.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
This is the current phase of my shuttle tech after 14 or so months of continuous development. This is the Δ Series, Gen. 4.1. IPC started it all in 1.31. It went through 4 iterations, then it was replaced by a fresh design in 1.35. This went through 3 iterations before being replaced by the Γ Series in 1.4, which saw tech rising up to meet aesthetics. Door mechanisms took pride of place here and the bulkiness was ignored for the sake of development. It had 4 iterations and was given little airtime here, but despite the Albatross Ugliness it showed off some brave ideas, even though they did not work half the time. But this became the backbone of my learning, so with 1.406 the Δ Series was conceived, and worked right off the bat. The very first test flight was a resounding success! It had 3 iterations simultaneously, then they all went through 2 upgrades to expand their versatility, based on lessons learned from building Ares Station. Their drones were also developed. After that I added to the 4th iteration the bits that now make the Grand Amber. 4.2 is a test bench for a working Tail Ramp system. Works like a dream, but is not field ready.

After all that... you'd expect only the best. But that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the work of others. On the contrary, I appreciate it more, because I know what it takes to build a shuttle.
I wasn't expecting you to respond with a Thesaurus lol. All jokes aside, yeah shuttles are a pain to build. They're one of those rare things in this game that are both challenging to build and fly.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered

How does the ion class fit into that system?