Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
What's happening with Mercure? I've not noticed anything special about it...
Screenshot_20200607-201209_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Asgad

Registered
I found a funny bug that will be very tempting for me in the future. By transfering fuel you can run a Titan engine at full throttle on a dry tank, thereby increasing its fuel efficiency by almost a factor of 2.

Consider this rocket:
a.jpg

It has 40.5 tons of fuel. Since the Titan uses approx. 1.6 t per second on full throttle, it takes 25 seconds on full burn to use all of the 40.5 tons, reaching a speed of 1.8 km/s:
b.jpg

Now we just insert a seperator. This should decrease the top speed, since we just added"dead" weight:
c.jpg

Directly after lift-off (full throttle), we start to transfer fuel:
d.jpg

Fuel transfer takes place at 1 ton/sec, so the Titan only gets approx. 60% of its required intake. But atlas! It continue to work at full thrust, giving us almost 40 seconds until burn out and a top speed of over 3.3 km/s:
e.jpg

If I may be so bold, I would like to call this the Prius drive (making more miles per gallon, like the Toyota).

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I found a funny bug that will be very tempting for me in the future. By transfering fuel you can run a Titan engine at full throttle on a dry tank, thereby increasing its fuel efficiency by almost a factor of 2.

Consider this rocket:
View attachment 39031

It has 40.5 tons of fuel. Since the Titan uses approx. 1.6 t per second on full throttle, it takes 25 seconds on full burn to use all of the 40.5 tons, reaching a speed of 1.8 km/s:
View attachment 39032

Now we just insert a seperator. This should decrease the top speed, since we just added"dead" weight:
View attachment 39033

Directly after lift-off (full throttle), we start to transfer fuel:
View attachment 39034

Fuel transfer takes place at 1 ton/sec, so the Titan only gets approx. 60% of its required intake. But atlas! It continue to work at full thrust, giving us almost 40 seconds until burn out and a top speed of over 3.3 km/s:
View attachment 39035

If I may be so bold, I would like to call this the Prius drive (making more miles per gallon, like the Toyota).
Ouch... Now THAT is a real bug!

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I have a bug when I launch my rocket theirs a 50/50 chance my rocket freezes and then the game crashes

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I just tend to ignore it really

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
i dont have anythin in my solar system yet since im making the change to eternia

Hmm, iOS glitches so far having only launched the same rocket to Mars twice:

0) Tostart the game would not load my 1.4 world, just crashes;
Too many weird things of whatever, don’t mind a fresh world so fine

1) Launch a Mars rover to Leo with a fancy 1.5 paint job and close till later;
Later I open it back up to transfer to Mars and my rocket is plain white...
Reading some things, maybe because my game hasn’t been properly slaved to Game Center?
But I go to Mars and crash like a noob despite the new high elevation parachute option
9D6EAC86-E020-4AC3-AC81-5902660A3E87.png

Though somehow my rover survives completely intact, but...

3) Rover wheels seem to be completely bonkers, I fooled around with active wheel configurations but it’s just whack;
Cruise ok for a bit but then it starts bouncing around, take my finger off the control and the wheels just keep spinning for 30secs, they seem to spin both ways at once causing the rover to bounce around like a jumping bean

4) So I relaunch to try the land and return again, curiously my first rover has disappeared; not in Sun orbit glitch, just gone which is easily noted as it was the only object in my world

5) I land nice this time and drop the new rover, then launch for Earth return but thinking I’m not too fuel rich I go for a lame Phobos boost and get stuck on the moon rail at the edge of it’s SOI
CD34A504-017A-477F-9CA2-9C5BBF4F4380.png

And I conclude mission 1.5.2 with a crew trapped in a Phobos non orbit/tractor beam;
Attempting a rendezvous with a stationary object will be amusing
B5C01940-1E3C-4C35-9674-4CDC8E25AFA4.png

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
0) Tostart the game would not load my 1.4 world, just crashes;